PDA

View Full Version : I know this is in the wrong area

bigdawgchallenger
02-10-2010, 11:37 PM
But if everyone is like me they go to Performance first.

I'm looking for new decales. NOS or repro's. can anyone help?

I know, I just missed some on here. Day Late, Dollar....

Mike

axelkloehn
02-11-2010, 03:01 AM
I have the data for them available (eps or ai file). If you don't find any on this platform I can send you the data, with the files you can go to almost every local digital printer or plotter and they make them in the size you need.

Try find the stickers first, if you have no success send me a mail or post...

Cheers, Axel

daved
02-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Mike, what part of the country are you in? I just got new decals from a Donzi dealer in mass, Beverly Port marina in Beverly MA. $96 for two directly from Donzi. I'm sure they would mail the decals to you if you pay shipping.
978-232-3300 or www.beverlyportmarina.com (http://www.beverlyportmarina.com)
Good luck,
Dave

Just Say N20
02-11-2010, 06:26 AM
I'm looking too. Old School decals if possible.

I spoke with Jamie @ Lakeside Restorations, and they no longer do decals for "mail order," so I'm still searching.

Axelhloehn, have you got anything like this?

axelkloehn
02-11-2010, 06:56 AM

I spoke with Jamie @ Lakeside Restorations, and they no longer do decals for "mail order," so I'm still searching.

Sorry, no data for the old school ones. Just for the one shown above. I could do the data for the old school decals if somebody sends me a hi res pic, but that will take time. Cheers, Axel

MOP
02-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Mike, what part of the country are you in? I just got new decals from a Donzi dealer in mass, Beverly Port marina in Beverly MA. $96 for two directly from Donzi. I'm sure they would mail the decals to you if you pay shipping.
978-232-3300 or www.beverlyportmarina.com (http://www.beverlyportmarina.com)
Good luck,
Dave

That is a very nice group at that marina, I sold a couple of boats out of there.

Phil

JeffH
02-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Thunderbay Marine in Florida had them a couple of years ago...

Marlin275
02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Sorry, no data for the old school ones. Just for the one shown above. I could do the data for the old school decals if somebody sends me a hi res pic, but that will take time. Cheers, Axel

Axel

Here is a hi res file of a decal from Richard
which were the best I have seen

Good Luck

axelkloehn
02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Axel

Here is a hi res file of a decal from Richard
which were the best I have seen

Good Luck

That's good,

does anyone have a pic from the stars&stripes and the dolphin/lion old school decals too? They differ from the newer ones as you can see from "JUST SAY N20"s picture in his post...
I just checked my files and this is the logo I have as data. As you can see it is the newer one, so get me the pics of the old decals and I will do them some time.

mrfixxall
02-11-2010, 01:04 PM

a friend of mine will do it,he just bought all new state of the art equipment,spent over 100k on it....when he is done nothing will disturb the color because its laminated...
Email him what you need and he will ship it to you

kontagiouskolors@att.net

Brian 630-543-7900

Just Say N20
02-11-2010, 08:53 PM
a friend of mine will do it,he just bought all new state of the art equipment,spent over 100k on it....when he is done nothing will disturb the color because its laminated...
Email him what you need and he will ship it to you

kontagiouskolors@att.net

Brian 630-543-7900

Thank you for the information. I sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks to Marlin 275 for the great hi-res file of the DONZI decal.

axelkloehn
02-12-2010, 02:10 AM

JUST SAY N20--> could you make and post a good pix of a direct view on your Donzi decals (lion/dolphin/USA), not angled? Thanks i.a.

yeller
02-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Not what you guys are asking for, but I have this logo in just about any file format you like.

axelkloehn
02-12-2010, 03:39 AM
Not what you guys are asking for, but I have this logo in just about any file format you like.

Yeah, that is nice too. Could you send a .eps and/or .ai file? Thanks

--> axelkloehn@yahoo.de

yeller
02-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Sent both file types Axel.

They are not 'exactly' as the pic I posted. To look at it, most people wouldn't see the difference. That pic is from the logo on my boat and as Donzi had it, it was not very uniform. The letters were all different sizes and the kelp (is that what it is???) was pretty roughly done, so I had the letters unified, slightly repositioned and the 'kelp' cleaned up. I also had the prop blades adjusted so they are all exactly the same size.

axelkloehn
02-13-2010, 03:48 AM

They are not 'exactly' as the pic I posted. To look at it, most people wouldn't see the difference. That pic is from the logo on my boat and as Donzi had it, it was not very uniform. The letters were all different sizes and the kelp (is that what it is???) was pretty roughly done, so I had the letters unified, slightly repositioned and the 'kelp' cleaned up. I also had the prop blades adjusted so they are all exactly the same size.

...you're so talented...:wink::wink::wink:

Just kidding, thanks a lot for sending, Axel

yeller
02-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Not me......it was my buddy that did all the work. I have no talent. :wink:

MDonziM
02-14-2010, 09:05 AM
JUST SAY N20--> could you make and post a good pix of a direct view on your Donzi decals (lion/dolphin/USA), not angled? Thanks i.a.
FYI those decals were replaced when the boat was repainted in the mid eighties. The originals were the corsican and monte carlo. There was a prevoius thread on the subject. Also, for that late 60's look Seano's reproduction scripts are perfect!

axelkloehn
02-14-2010, 03:05 PM
If there is anyone interested- this is now existing as hi-res data too (.eps, .ai or .FH11)

What you see here is just a preview jpg.

Cheers, Axel

Just Say N20
02-15-2010, 05:46 AM
Very Nice :biggrin:

Thank you!

GeneD
02-15-2010, 06:51 AM
Good job guys!
Now we need the British flag emblem...

thehow33
02-15-2010, 08:39 AM
If there is anyone interested- this is now existing as data too (.eps, .ai or .FH11)

Cheers, Axel

WOW!!! nice work

Walt. H.
02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Beautifully done, nice job Axel..

Conquistador_del_mar
02-15-2010, 11:53 AM
If there is anyone interested- this is now existing as data too (.eps, .ai or .FH11)

Cheers, Axel

Axel,
Do you think this is a large enough file to have printed? Will the resolution be good enough? Thanks, Bill

axelkloehn
02-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Axel,
Do you think this is a large enough file to have printed? Will the resolution be good enough? Thanks, Bill

DEFINATELY NO, IT IS JUST A PREVIEW!! :nilly:

I can send hi-res data per mail if you give me your mail-adress, is existing in various formats which are scaleable in the size you need..

Cheers, Axel

Conquistador_del_mar
02-15-2010, 06:07 PM
DEFINATELY NO, IT IS JUST A PREVIEW!! :nilly:

I can send hi-res data per mail if you give me your mail-adress, is existing in various formats which are scaleable in the size you need..

Cheers, Axel

Axel,
Thanks for all the help here. Dgill25960@aol.com Bill

Bobby D
02-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Axel,
Very nice work, here is an image of the decals on my boat that were purchased back in 1999 form Donzi Marine in Sarasota Florida. The boat is in my garage so I can try and get a few with better resolution if you are interested.
Also I’m currently working on a new dash panel and have located a guy who can do engraving however he needs a file to work from. Could you send me the hi-res data in a format that is scaleable in the size I need? The plate will be cut, prepped and ready for fit up this week and if no changes are required will be ready for the logo.
Thanks,
Bob

axelkloehn
02-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Axel,
Could you send me the hi-res data in a format that is scaleable in the size I need? The plate will be cut, prepped and ready for fit up this week and if no changes are required will be ready for the logo.
Thanks,
Bob

Sure, need your mail address

Conquistador_del_mar
02-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Axel,
Thank you so much for sending the picture files. You have gone beyond being helpful. Bill

Just Say N20
02-16-2010, 11:08 AM
He most certainly has gone above and beyond.

The files he sent me look fantastic!

Thank you again Axel.

Bobby D
02-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Alex,
My email address is Robert.Davis@exeloncorp.com
Thanks in advance and I will keep you posted on how I make out.
Bob

axelkloehn
02-16-2010, 12:08 PM
No problem guys, I was doing this for my boat anyway, so why not sharing them- we're all Donzi-crazy, so we all have something in common :bonk::wink:

VetteLT193
02-16-2010, 12:27 PM

You know that you have found a Donzi nut when you find a labbed and blueprinted prop sticker :shades:

AR-Cougar
02-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Axel,
Thanks for your e.mail. Great Job.
Pedro

yeller
02-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Axel, can you send me the ai and eps files.

Much appreciated. :beer:

Let me know if you don't have my email address anymore.