PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Dash

BlakeSullivan
02-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I just wanted to send out a Warning about Nisonger Marine, I order my dash and bezels from them in September of 2009 and still have yet to receive them, every time I call they never have a answer but say they will call me back, so if your looking for a new dash I would recomened not using Nisonger Marine.

VetteLT193
02-10-2010, 02:34 PM
That really stinks. When I did the Minx dash I tried paying someone but found it easier to just do it myself.

hopefully you will at least get your money back.

BlakeSullivan
02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Im sure they will give me my money back but I feel I have waited this long I might as well suck it up I repainted my stock dash tell the time being I couldn't stand having a faded yellow dash

MOP
02-10-2010, 03:13 PM
I have a close friend just up the road from them in the same business, I just dropped him a note to see what up with Nisonger never can tell.

Phil

joseph m. hahnl
02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Im sure they will give me my money back but I feel I have waited this long I might as well suck it up I repainted my stock dash tell the time being I couldn't stand having a faded yellow dash

absolutly not:nilly:

Get your money and get it some where else:yes:

They are not doing you a favor buy you giving them buisness.:boggled:

I bet Jamie from Lakeside could get one in a week:kingme:

rtgogo
02-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm with Joe... Get your funds and give someone else the business!

LKSD
02-11-2010, 07:14 AM
absolutly not:nilly:

Get your money and get it some where else:yes:

They are not doing you a favor buy you giving them buisness.:boggled:

I bet Jamie from Lakeside could get one in a week:kingme:

Joseph, Thanks for the plug for me.. :)

To be honest making a new dash plate does take some time to do it right & have them come out nice. I have made some in house & I have had some custom made by my vendors in the past. With very nice results.. :)

Even though it does take a little time to do, waiting since September of 09 until now for just a new dash plate sounds completely ridiculous.. Depending on what style you are needing it may take a couple weeks for something to get done, not months.. At least in all of my experiences..

Also not getting a call back within a business day is without very good reason is complete BS... Not calling someone back to me is un-professional in my opinion, especially if you were told that you would be called back.. I hate when anyplace does that..

If it doesn't all work out for you, I am here & may be able to get you what you need.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside

BlakeSullivan
02-11-2010, 07:36 AM
I will defanitly go with lakeside , Im still fairly new to the board so learnig all the good vendors will take some time but thanks for the input, on a lighter note I did order and received very quickly carpet from built-rite and It turn out perfect .

Rootsy
02-11-2010, 08:20 AM
bout 20 minutes in the waterjet and you have the outline and all holes... some polishing time and your choice of coating would take longer to do than the pattern cutting...

I would assume the 2D of the pattern would be done if this is a stock item from them with no changes... but even then... less than half an hour to modify or create from new...

I doubt they are "that" back logged... :bonk:

LKSD
02-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I will defanitly go with lakeside , Im still fairly new to the board so learnig all the good vendors will take some time but thanks for the input, on a lighter note I did order and received very quickly carpet from built-rite and It turn out perfect .

I am here if you need me.. Also if you get my machine & leave a message, you WILL get a call back from me.. ;)

Jamie / Lakeside

CHACHI
02-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Blake, what year 22 and can you post a picture.

Ken

AR-Cougar
02-11-2010, 03:40 PM
I have made some in house & I have had some custom made by my vendors in the past. With very nice results.. :)
Any pictures / heads ups ? I'm about to redo mine shortly.
Thanks

LKSD
02-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Blake, it was good talking with you on the phone this afternoon. I look forward to hearing back from you. ;)

Jamie / Lakeside

joseph m. hahnl
02-13-2010, 08:02 AM
bout 20 minutes in the waterjet and you have the outline and all holes... some polishing time and your choice of coating would take longer to do than the pattern cutting...

I would assume the 2D of the pattern would be done if this is a stock item from them with no changes... but even then... less than half an hour to modify or create from new...

I doubt they are "that" back logged... :bonk:

5 minutes on a three gas or fiber optic Lazer:wink:

and lazer etched with all the lettering:kingme:

Inferno
02-15-2010, 04:36 PM
I been talking with Nisonger Marine,as my Offshore race shop was just down the street from where they are. The owner informed me that his supplier went bankrupt. There supplier was making all the dashboards for Fountain and when Fountain filed for bankrupcy, all Fountain's little suppliers went out of business. The owner of Nisonger told me they were looking for a new supplier. If you want someone to design one call Mark at 636-537-0697.He was going to do me one for my 18 classic for $173.00.I ended up taking mine to a friend who had a laser cutting machine and I powercoated it. The total cost was $45.00 and it looks just like Nisonger's .

LKSD
02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
It would have been nice of them to have told their client why it wasn't getting done instead of stringing him along..

IMO there aren't any excuses for that or not returning calls.. That's just nonsense..

There are too many places that just blow people off and or wont return a call. The more of them that fade into the sunset that are like that the better IMO..

I have no time or patience for shenanigans like that.. But that's just me.. :convertib: J

BlakeSullivan
02-18-2010, 03:11 PM
I will defanitly have Lakeside make my dash Im just stuck in a hard spot when it comes to making a template, my gauges barley fit with bezels so I would need to extend the dash a small amount any ideas thanks Blake Sullivan

VetteLT193
02-18-2010, 03:19 PM
I will defanitly have Lakeside make my dash Im just stuck in a hard spot when it comes to making a template, my gauges barley fit with bezels so I would need to extend the dash a small amount any ideas thanks Blake Sullivan

You can cut the dash usually.

Donzi did a pretty sub standard job on the dash cutouts IMO anyway so you won't make it any worse.

On my / Eddies 22 the dash is notched in a few places to handle the gauge fitment. On my Minx I only had to trim one spot I think.

If you want to make a 'perfect' template, get some very thin / cheap plexiglass. If you use this method you can make a large template then put it up to the dash... you'll be able to see where the gauges go. I made circles the size of the gauges out of paper and I used them to visualize the gauge placement. by doing this I could check to see what needed to be cut, where gauges could go, etc.

Once you are done with the cheapie plexi just send it out as the template and your new dash will be perfect.

LKSD
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
You can cut the dash usually.
Donzi did a pretty sub standard job on the dash cutouts IMO anyway so you won't make it any worse.
On my / Eddies 22 the dash is notched in a few places to handle the gauge fitment. On my Minx I only had to trim one spot I think.
If you want to make a 'perfect' template, get some very thin / cheap plexiglass. If you use this method you can make a large template then put it up to the dash... you'll be able to see where the gauges go. I made circles the size of the gauges out of paper and I used them to visualize the gauge placement. by doing this I could check to see what needed to be cut, where gauges could go, etc.
Once you are done with the cheapie plexi just send it out as the template and your new dash will be perfect.

Vette,
I agree about the existing dash cut outs as a rule. I also agree with using thin plexi to see thru as you re creating a layout, it would work well as a template that I could work with too... :)

Blake, I was actually getting ready to try to contact you with a p.m. to follow up with you to see how you were making out. With the template situation.

:) Jamie / Lakeside

BlakeSullivan
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I never thought of that but that should work perfectly Ill just have to take my time so I cut once not 10 times