PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Fun while cruising

Last Real Texan
02-09-2010, 07:12 AM
had a ton of these behind the boat over the weekend while cruising up to Tarpon Springs from Ft Myers, I will post more as I have time from the trip up....looks like with a weather window we may be able to cross on Saturday night to Carrabelle....fingers crossed for 170 miles of open gulf fun.

McGary911
02-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Wow, what a great pic. I've had them around the boat a bunch of times, and it seems they always duck when you hit the shutter button. \

Hope you get the weather you need.

Just Say N20
02-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Took me a minute, but then I'm a little slow.

He is sideways in the picture, with his stomach facing away from the camera.

Good action shot. Especially if taken with a digital camera (Push . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .click)

Cuda
02-09-2010, 07:22 AM
There is a marked channel all the way around the Big Bend area if Florida.

Last Real Texan
02-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Have some awesome video and morE pics to post when I get home. I took the pics with with my Iphone and shot the video with a normal video camera. On the video we have them coming 6 feet out of the water and landing sideways.... Vert cool and truly a gift from the ocean to see this in person , they stayed with us for about 10 minutes.

VetteLT193
02-09-2010, 07:58 AM
There is a marked channel all the way around the Big Bend area if Florida.

it's not that great in this area, south of St. Marks, over to carrabelle. It isn't so much a channel as marker points of where the heck you are so you don't go into the shallows.

Cuda
02-09-2010, 09:44 AM
it's not that great in this area, south of St. Marks, over to carrabelle. It isn't so much a channel as marker points of where the heck you are so you don't go into the shallows.
That's called a channel. I've been to Carrabelle, the Appalachicola Sound, St Marks, Suwannee River, Steinhatchee River, Mexico Beach, Panama City, Destin, and points north, and west all the way to Pensecola. The ICW runs to Brownsville, Texas.

Donzi Vol
02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
had a ton of these behind the boat over the weekend while cruising up to Tarpon Springs from Ft Myers, I will post more as I have time from the trip up....looks like with a weather window we may be able to cross on Saturday night to Carrabelle....fingers crossed for 170 miles of open gulf fun.

That's pretty cool, Tex. Thanks for sharing...would love to see the rest

Last Real Texan
02-10-2010, 07:31 AM
another

Last Real Texan
02-10-2010, 07:38 AM
here she is in the Anclote River

VetteLT193
02-10-2010, 08:34 AM
here she is in the Anclote River

Are you about to make the cross over to carrabelle?

The Hedgehog
02-10-2010, 08:43 AM

I think that the 8-11 footers need to lay down first!:boat::eek:

Last Real Texan
02-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Yes we are poised for the jump....but the weather has to cooperate first.
The plan was to cross this Saturday, Feb 13, night and arrive about 10 in the morning on Sunday but the weather is pure ugliness...I have not pulled the plug but it is looking like I may have to...The boat will take it but the burning question is...Do I really want to get beat on for 10-15 hours in the dark with 8-10 footers? only time will tell . Hedge and I are watching the weather...I ll go if it lays down to less than 15 Knts and the seas are 3-5...

Tex

VetteLT193
02-10-2010, 09:20 AM
rough seas at night is the absolute worst.

good luck regardless of what you do. hopefully it works out. Looks like Thursday night is going to be calm in this area, not sure on the weather by you though.

VetteLT193
02-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Any updates? I'm thinking about braving the cold on Saturday or Sunday and run the boat a bit.

Last Real Texan
02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Pulled the plug for sat night and Sunday night...would do it on Monday but I'd be a solo act.... Anyone want to go for a boat ride Monday night???