PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a new windshield?

Planetwarmer
02-07-2010, 11:20 PM
I am considering replacing the windshield on my 87 22C with a new style. I know the 80s "eyebrows" are the most utilitarian, but I really like the look of the new style. They are much more classy.

Any ideas as to where I could get one?

VetteLT193
02-08-2010, 06:49 AM
I am considering replacing the windshield on my 87 22C with a new style. I know the 80s "eyebrows" are the most utilitarian, but I really like the look of the new style. They are much more classy.

Any ideas as to where I could get one?

I was just about to look for them again. I think MJW... redid his with no flip ups.

Before doing it though I highly suggest riding in a 22 without them so you know what you are in for.

VetteLT193
02-08-2010, 06:50 AM
here is the site... http://www.updplastics.com/donzi%20classic%201986%2022%20ft.htm

Planetwarmer
02-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I really like the shape of the newer windshields. They fit the curves of the boat. I think the factory 1980s (frame less) windshields are a bit too square. They sure are high quality though. I actually wouldn't mind having a new style with the eyebrows added.

I'm sure that UPDplastics.com could make a custom windshield. I would just need the metal corners.

Just kicking around ideas while the snow is falling.

AR-Cougar
02-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Agree on the looks of the new style.
You might solve the flips issue with these Windaway (http://www.windaway.com)

MOP
02-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I have the old style also do yourself a very big favor and ride in a late style, unless you are four feet tall the late style is useless just there for looks!

VetteLT193
02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I really like the shape of the newer windshields. They fit the curves of the boat. I think the factory 1980s (frame less) windshields are a bit too square. They sure are high quality though. I actually wouldn't mind having a new style with the eyebrows added.

I'm sure that UPDplastics.com could make a custom windshield. I would just need the metal corners.

Just kicking around ideas while the snow is falling.

The shape is nearly identical. I think all they did was shorten the front of the new ones. The older setup your shoulders will ride below the forward plane of the windshield. the new one your shoulders will be above the plane. There is also a distinct drop off on the sides of the older ones (this keeps the front taller). the new one just comes straight back at an angle.

As far as I can tell the forward curve is the same. the bottom curve against the deck is the same and the top curve is the same (top not curved as much as the bottom).

I would still strongly suggest getting a ride in a new one. You get wind beat and it is a totally different feeling and to me gets old in short order. It is a personal preference thing though so it might be right up your alley.