PDA

View Full Version : She's Alive........FINALLY!!!

fogducker III
02-07-2010, 03:26 PM
After experiencing the local weather here yesterday, sunshine, no wind, high tides and 13*C, I thought I had better get the boat out of her winter clothes.......

Un-wrapped her, changed plugs, inspected all the usual and pulled her out of the garage to fire her up.........NOTHING....

Checked the usual, batterry fully charged, all grounds were good, fuses, circuit breakers etc etc....spent a few hours with a test light and FINALLY found the issue. The main power lead to the starter looked fine but upon further inspection....:eek:

Got it sorted out and she is up and breathing....sounded pretty good after being asleep for damn near 3 months....:yes:

Now to wake up the local natives..........:wink:

mrfixxall
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Foggy,if i had your beep beep # do you think ill get another $195.00 phone bill?:eek:

Carl C
02-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Yay!

fogducker III
02-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Foggy,if i had your beep beep # do you think ill get another $195.00 phone bill?:eek:

If you are talking Mike phone, no it is free after you pay the basic coverage, unless you go OVER with minutes....:wink:

I tried the "Mike" number you sent and couldn't get through....:confused:

I am not sure what my Mike number is...? How do I find it on the phone?

fogducker III
02-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Yay!

Now were're talking.........:wink::yes:

Just need to get out and burn some fuel right...?

Donzi Vol
02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Good stuff. Go wear it out while I endure the long winter. Sigh...

Ed Donnelly
02-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Yeh; that BC air corrodes everything..

Now Ontario air, and your cables would still be pristine:nilly::wink::nilly:..Ed

(I'm just jealous that you are boating already...4 mths to go for me)

fogducker III
02-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeh; that BC air corrodes everything..

Now Ontario air, and your cables would still be pristine:nilly::wink::nilly:..Ed

(I'm just jealous that you are boating already...4 mths to go for me)

Your right tho Ed, it is the "BC air" or more like the "BC SALT air and water" ...:boggled:

I could not believe it when I disconnected the wire and the end just dropped off........I spent the day checking every wire and connection I could, a couple of connections needed cleaning up but other than that I am good to go......although the rain is back....:nilly:

thriller
02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Your Mike number is your cell phone number with * symbol entered rather than - symbol
For example 250*690*5555
IF I remember the Harbourmaster has or had a Mike/Nextel phone as well
They are Great:)

fogducker III
02-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Your Mike number is your cell phone number with * symbol entered rather than - symbol
For example 250*690*5555
IF I remember the Harbourmaster has or had a Mike/Nextel phone as well
They are Great:)

I think if it is a "personal" Mike phone that might be correct, mine is through my company network via Telus so it is a little different.

My cell number is 250-880-1067 and my Mike number is 403*5*6787 for anybody who wants to prank call.....:wink:

Carl C
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Now were're talking.........:wink::yes:
Just need to get out and burn some fuel right...?

You betcha!!:yes::cool!:

fogducker III
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Perfect day for my first run of 2010.........sunshine, no wind, high tide, no crap in the water and a brisk 10*C.

Covered alot of miles and basically had the ocean to ourselves...........other than the Po-Po.......they were cool though, no problems and joked around with them a bit. There was an Asian guy driving who was obviously new to boating, almost rammed me when they first came up on us, I asked him if I needed to put an "L" on the stern of their boat ( L designates Learner drivers for cars here in Canada) There was also a black officer, a female officer and a big white guy, I asked them if they were sure they had everyone represented on board, they had a good laugh. All in all, it was an excellent day, just have to get the trim sorted out, the new prop felt great and even with not being able to trim all the way up I hit over 75mph GPS.........:eek: