PDA

View Full Version : For Zelator (NOT MINE)

Just Say N20
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I had to, Don. You know I believe a crisp, accurate ad goes a long way towards selling a boat, because it can be indicative of the type of person the owner is.

I'm going to believe this was written by someone who speaks about 7 languages, and is therefore much more of a linguist than I am. Just not in English.

I'll even help out with where Lake Placid, FL is. Up until today, I was only aware of Lake Placid, NY.

One phone number is in South Florida, the other one is for California. Strange.

19' Donzi, Don Arrow.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/boa/1579044393.html

Fluffy Foo-Foo
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
One phone number is in South Florida, the other one is for California. Strange.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/boa/1579044393.html

Don't forget its a New York Craigslist!:nilly:

Just Say N20
02-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Good catch, oh keeper of the blisteringly fast Donzi 16!

I meant to mention that, but forgot.

RW2003
02-01-2010, 07:41 PM
A Hornet???

Just Say N20
02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
The pictures are poor, but I thought it looked like an 18 based on the deck shape, and the windshield, bow flair, etc.

zelatore
02-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Gee, I'm almost sorry I was away from the computer all weekend.

All in all, it's not the *worst* ad I've ever seen.

I do however think he should make some sort of note that this statement is Dependant on the tow vehicle:
" with trailer very fast."

Because he wouldn't want people to think it would go fast on the trailer behind just any ol' hunk of junk.

That's also a nice garage he's got there. Too bad he couldn't get any closer to the boat with the camera.

Just Say N20
02-01-2010, 10:06 PM
I do however think he should make some sort of note that this statement is Dependant on the tow vehicle:
" with trailer very fast."

:lol9:

I KNEW you'd get it!

:lol9:

Walt. H.
02-01-2010, 10:20 PM
That's also a nice garage he's got there. Too bad he couldn't get any closer to the boat with the camera.
Maybe the reason is it isn't his shop and he was taking pic's from the outside to perform another famous Craigs List SCAM like we so often see.

His ad reads like some of the third world idiot scammers from Nigeria that I get asking me to forward my banking info first so that he can dispatch payment with a little extra for my troubles like i'm the idiot that fell off the turnip truck. :toiletpap And then his shippers will come with that big turnip truck to pick up my 12 or 14 lbs propeller with a crew and a forklift.:bonk: Yeah Right!

Some just say: I agree to pay full asking price but first please delete your ad, and its all spelled so poorly and the grammar is so bad it makes me sound like i'm a scholar. :rlol:

Fluffy Foo-Foo
02-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Good catch, oh keeper of the blisteringly fast Donzi 16!

I meant to mention that, but forgot.

No problem on the memory lapse! I do it all the time.:)

Also, I'm only getting blisters from wringing my hands waiting for spring!:frown:
Man is this winter getting old!

Just Say N20
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Also, I'm only getting blisters from wringing my hands waiting for spring!:frown:

Be patient, Grasshopper. You have many things to learn before you will be able to snatch the pebble out of the master's hand. :biggrin:

RacingStripe
02-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Wasn't easy but I found Donzyi. Join Hi5 and send him a hi. :boggled:
http://shakirablog.hi5.com/friend/p376054939--donzyi--html
Location Kosovo

Walt. H.
02-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Now thats Funny and completely believable..:lol9:

stu
02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Wasn't easy but I found Donzyi. Join Hi5 and send him a hi. :boggled:
http://shakirablog.hi5.com/friend/p376054939--donzyi--html
Location Kosovo

Now there's a little known story about the Donzyi Dealerships in Kosovo. They're located on Lake Flacid Florida Drive, aka Flunderboat Row. Since there are no large bodies of water in Kosovo, they've had to resort to racing their boats on trailers. When the Kosovo mafia learned about these high performance boats on trailers, they bought the race boats and trailers, painted them black, and started using them on their midnight opium runs. These runs were highly successful until the Kosovo government got smart and bought GMC Dualies to pull their patrol boats, thus drying up the midnight runs and bringing the Kosovo opium trade to a halt. There are only a few of these Donzyi's and their trailers left on the market, and with this bit of history, should bring full price.

:kingme:

zelatore
02-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Now there's a little known story about the Donzyi Dealerships in Kosovo. They're located on Lake Flacid Florida Drive, aka Flunderboat Row. Since there are no large bodies of water in Kosovo, they've had to resort to racing their boats on trailers. When the Kosovo mafia learned about these high performance boats on trailers, they bought the race boats and trailers, painted them black, and started using them on their midnight opium runs. These runs were highly successful until the Kosovo government got smart and bought GMC Dualies to pull their patrol boats, thus drying up the midnight runs and bringing the Kosovo opium trade to a halt. There are only a few of these Donzyi's and their trailers left on the market, and with this bit of history, should bring full price.

:kingme:

"Lake Flacid"
Now that's funny!