PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Donzi X-18, $5000 (NOT MINE)

Just Say N20
01-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Looks just like the boat MOJO1 is selling in OR.

This one claims to be in Wisconsin. Where were these when I was looking?!? I love finding these, but it makes me wring my hands in frustration!

Not sure what "requires some assembly" means.

http://milwaukee.en.craigslist.org/boa/1572725060.html

maddad
01-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Sure looks like the same boat, trailers not the same though.

Walt. H.
01-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Bill,
Everyone knows you're not suppose to keep looking after you buy and when you're outta money, try it you'll feel better.

Same advice goes for married men and women, just ask Tiger...:bonk:

Walt. H.
01-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Not sure what "requires some assembly" means.
http://milwaukee.en.craigslist.org/boa/1572725060.html

Like Christmas eve toys, batteries not included only worse like assembling a gas grill on the same afternoon you needed to use it, with assy instructions written in Chinese and then translated into five different languages and the grammar sucks to follow procedure.LOL!:confused:

silverghost
01-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm with you~
I hate to buy anything !
Every time I do~
A week later I hear about some-thing that's twice as good as I just bought for half the price I just paid!

I suffer from terminal
"Bad Timing ! "
Reminds me of the top-of-the-line 8 track car tape deck I was saving-up for my junior year in High School.
Saved up money for months!
No sooner had I cut-out a big hole in my first car's dash & installed this thing & the record COs announced they were going to discontinue 8 track tapes in favor of the casette !
I still have the darn thing!

Marlin275
01-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Buyer's remorse is an emotional condition whereby a person feels remorse or regret after a purchase.
It is frequently associated with the purchase of higher value items which could be considered unnecessary although it may also stem from a sense of not wishing to be "wrong".
In an extreme situation, an individual who struggles with or cannot accept the possibility that they may have made a mistake, may be suffering from a more serious and severe condition that has little to do with "buyer's remorse".

Walt. H.
01-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Buyer's remorse is an emotional condition whereby a person feels remorse or regret after a purchase.
It is frequently associated with the purchase of higher value items which could be considered unnecessary although it may also stem from a sense of not wishing to be "wrong".
In an extreme situation, an individual who struggles with or cannot accept the possibility that they may have made a mistake, may be suffering from a more serious and severe condition that has little to do with "buyer's remorse".
hAH HA!
That kind of depression sounds exactly like accepting the fact a marriage has gone bad, followed with more lost money known as alimony..........:frown:

At least a bad boat can be fixed for a whole lot less, and no one said life experience would be free! LOL :yes:

Just Say N20
01-29-2010, 11:14 AM
No "more serious condition" here. I looked for 3 years for another Donzi. When I found this one, as I was driving away (after driving over 700 miles to get there), I "knew" I probably should have left it. Everything about the purchase left a really bad taste in my mouth. I allowed too much emotion into my purchase decision. My bad.

There is always going to be something that appears to be a better deal, just like there is always going to be someone faster. I just didn't think there would be so MANY "better deals" out there. But, who could have predicted the mess we are in, and the effect (affect?) it would have had on prices?

mattyboy
01-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I love the yellow with the orange interior. It is a very uncommon color combo. :)

I have had second thoughts about buying my boat. It seems everything is going to be a bigger job on the boat as it is a salt water boat.

I do take heart in the following when I get frustrated with it.

if I don't put another penny into it If I needed to I could get twice what I paid for it. But and it is a big BUT that is only when I am really ticked off and mad at the boat. This is not what I bought it for but sometimes it helps ;)

when i am done with it it will be MY DONZI just like my 16 was MINE and no one else's. It will give me many years of joy and after work un-winding.
It is a Donzi it is worth my effort.

I am not the only one, there are more out there who are alot worse off . multiple donzi , multiple projects, dumping all sorts of time and cash into them.

so with that in mind, I muttle through ;)

now if a critter II came up after I bought this one I would have stroked out right then and there :splat:

2donzi2
01-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Reality is, most of these boats (unless they have been restored) are going to need a certain amount of something. Same stress cracks in the same places, possible engine rebuilds, interiors and such. I agree when you finish you have a boat you appreciate more for the time and effort put into it. Yes the values have dropped and those with endless pockets can capitalize on some good buys. However, for those who are enjoying and sinking much money into them, think about what some of the rare mahogony speedboats bring or a 67 corvette 427 tri power or the mopar products. I still think at some point these boats will be in those catagories and if not, theres a certain amount of enjoyment that us "Donzi Nuts" get out of doing what we do.