PDA

View Full Version : 1986

VetteLT193
01-28-2010, 12:54 PM
The anniversary of the final Challenger flight is today. May they RIP.

I saw this live as a kid (grew up on the space coast so we saw every launch live from our house or school). My dream of being an astronaut died in that ball of fire too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC1V9Eg9Cfw

Barry Eller
01-28-2010, 01:30 PM
This day I remember also. There are many days in history that people remember what they were doing when tragic news hits. I was in 5th grade at Gulf Breeze Elementary School when President Kennedy was shot. Then there is September 11, 2001. December 7, 1941. and the list goes on.

Cuda
01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
This day I remember also. There are many days in history that people remember what they were doing when tragic news hits. I was in 5th grade at Gulf Breeze Elementary School when President Kennedy was shot. Then there is September 11, 2001. December 7, 1941. and the list goes on.
I was in the second grade at St Andrews Elementary in Panama City when JFK was shot.

Walt. H.
01-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Barry,
Ref, JFK
I was in the sixth grade and on my first day as a outside crossing guard the day JFK was shot, and I didn't know why all the kids were crying as they were coming out thru the school doors because that announcement was made minutes after I left my class to get out to my assigned post.
Vette LT-1
I was home on my couch watching the preflight coverage just before and after Challenger's liftoff having coffee when things went terribly wrong watching the cheers turn to horror in the faces of the people out there in the surrounding areas that the TV cameras were covering.

For 9/11 I was at the DMV getting plates for my boat trailer.

Yes,
A moment of prayer for the crew of the ill fated flight of the Challenger 24 yr's ago.