PDA

View Full Version : 32ZF Performance and prop choice

bretto
01-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi There,

i am from Australia and have just bought a new 32ZF with twin 300 verado's. What top speed and cruise can i expect? also, what is the preferred prop choice for top speed vs. cruising fuel economy etc.?

many thanks for your help. i am new to this forum.

brett

Planetwarmer
01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Congrats on the buy, that will be a nice boat for you. Are you a fisherman? Pics are always cool!

Planetwarmer
01-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Did it not come with factory props, or are you just looking for a little extra performance?

bretto
02-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi,

No i'm not a fisherman - more of a liesure boater. the boat comes with props (not sure yet what they are) but was wanting to know what the props of choice are for cruising mpg and / or max speed? and what speeds to expect ..

many thanks again,

brett

mrfixxall
02-01-2010, 11:39 PM
the best all around prop would be the bravo 1 4 blade or the rev 4..

heres merc's webbsite,do some reading :)

http://sites.mercurymarine.com/portal/page?_pageid=126,49355,126_49361&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

VetteLT193
02-02-2010, 10:04 AM
I looked at them used a little bit before I bought my 28ZXO. They mostly had Bravo 1's on them. A couple did have Mirage Plus props on them. I can't remember ever seeing one with 300's though. Seems like I remember a ton of 225 boats and a couple 250 boats.

My guess is it gets shipped with Mirage + props and most people swap them out for Bravos because they cruise better with them. just a guess though. Mirage's should give you a higher top end. Bravo's or rev 4 like Fixx said will net better cruising.

Team Jefe
02-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Brett - I've been following this thread and wanted some Merc guys to weigh in before I did mainly becasue I don't have an apples to apples comparison.

Still, for what its worth. 30ZF, 250HP Evinrude E-Tecs. I run 14.5 X 24 OSI Turbo 4 blades. Big Griz and I tested several props a in Destion right after I repowered with the E-Tecs and these are the ones that have given me the best performance.

The only issue I have with them is the hole shot is not there and I have to do some tweaking to get her up....but, Its second nature now and I really don't notice it.

I can get 58-61 MPH out of her at 5800 depending on load (64.7 with just me and a very light load of fuel). Not blinding speed, but decent. and I can cruise as low at 3000 RPM with no issues of falling off plane (Not so with the previous set up).

As I said, not apples to apples, but I'm really happy with these props and it may give you a reference point in your search. Good Luck!!!