PDA

View Full Version : Finally a logical explaination!

MOP
01-26-2010, 07:08 AM
I always wondered!

tmh
01-26-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm always amazed that the fashion statement is walking around with the crotch of the pants at knee level. Absolutely amazing!
T.M. Hayes

Conquistador_del_mar
01-26-2010, 11:32 AM
That look is finally dying out here in north Texas. The girls are now sporting what look like pajamas out in public now. I guess you never know what the newest fashion trend with young people will be. Why not top hats and canes? lol Bill

Walt. H.
01-26-2010, 11:38 AM
the crotch of the pants at knee level.

Makes it a breeze for law enforcement to catch a fleeing felon, sometimes they trip and fall even before being tackled.. Hah ha!:rofl:

BUIZILLA
01-26-2010, 12:04 PM
That look is finally dying out here in north Texas. The girls are now sporting what look like pajamas out in public now. funny you mention this.... the neighbor girl was walking her dog on Sunday, and I said look honey, PJ's... wife said where have you been, that's the NEW thing... I said cooool, gimme the binoc's :cool!:

CHACHI
01-26-2010, 12:29 PM
funny you mention this.... the neighbor girl was walking her dog on Sunday, and I said look honey, PJ's... wife said where have you been, that's the NEW thing... I said cooool, gimme the binoc's :cool!:
Did a slap follow?

Ken

BUIZILLA
01-26-2010, 01:08 PM
nope... :cool!:

Cuda
01-26-2010, 02:03 PM
The baggy pants and the oversized shirts came from the black culture. They always wore hand me down's from their older brother or cousin. Somehow it became cool in the white culture. I was absent the day it became cool.

hardcrab
01-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Sing along now :

" Pants on the ground, Pants on the ground, You look like a fool wit' yo' Pants on the ground "

:pimp:

The Hedgehog
01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
nope... :cool!:

Good man.

I am ok with the girls in PJ's. Not bad.

I was absent the day that baggy pants became white also.

Back in the day at the University of Bama one would be subject to some serious hazing for looking like an idiot (anything other than traditional). Some of the biggest fashion hazers from my house came from Miami. If a newbie showed up looking like a tool, they became an indentured servant of those guys.

silverghost
01-26-2010, 05:11 PM
The story we hear in Philly is that this low pants & no shoe laces fashon started when the inner-city "Gangsta" members were arrested~
First thing that they do when they take you to jail is take your belt & shoe laces. (so you don't hang yourself)
All the neighborhood gang members thought they looked Bad & Cool if they were arrested & released without belts & laces.
It soon became a widespread fashon statement in the Philly gang "Hoods" .
These guys become folk heroes in the inner-city "Hoods"
Gangstas, drug dearers, criminals.
Hip-Hop & Rap music also fuel this trend !
This is who yong kids are looing up to today !
A very sad statment on today's inner-city culture & our society !
I cannot understand what white suburban kids see in this so called "Music" and culture?
I cannot see how they relate to any of this ?
Ever watch Hip-Hop & Rap videos lately ?
All talk of drugs, gangs, drive-by shootings,
Top Hip-Hop song several years ago P>I>M>P-PIMP !
Seems all you country guys live a sheltered life !
You don't know what's going on in the real world! ; )
You don't know how lucky you really are !
I wish things were that safe & quiet around Philly !
I live just ouside NE Philadelphia and It's just not nice around here anymore !
Every day a gun-battle & innocent kids & folks getting killed ! Seems everyone is carrying guns~ Kids 6 y/o arrested with guns !
Far worse than the old Wild West. John Dillinger was a saint compared to some of the Philly gang guys.
A Phila City Council Woman has a junior black mafia member & leader as her "bodyguard"
Folks think nothing of this !
Might be time to relocate !

The Hedgehog
01-26-2010, 05:43 PM
The story we hear in Philly is that this low pants & no shoe laces fashon started when the inner-city "Gangsta" members were arrested~
First thing that they do when they take you to jail is take your belt & shoe laces. (so you don't hang yourself)
All the neighborhood gang members thought they looked Bad & Cool if they were arrested & released without belts & laces.
It soon became a widespread fashon statement in the Philly gang "Hoods" .

Seems all you country guys live a sheltered life !
You don't know what's going on in the real world!

Hmm, I have woken up without a belt and shoe laces. Actually I did not really go to sleep, I just got kind of lost on the way home from one of Jerry Garcia's last shows. I somehow ended up in this place with bars. I had no belt or shoelaces. For some reason the other folks there were scared of me. I did not know it was because I looked like a gangsta!:pimp: I thought it was because I had an evil grin on my face and could melt people with my eyes:shocking: Oh well, $25 fine and admitting I was "intoxicated" and I was out. It was also helpful to remember that I was a person and had a friend with a phone number. Ahh the good ole days. These days they would probably keep me a good while for observation.

Such a sheltered life I have had:nilly:

MOP
01-26-2010, 07:32 PM
The pajama thing is catching on all over, lots of kids were wearing them up at Foxwoods. They all look like they are late for the bus!!!

Cuda
01-27-2010, 08:48 AM
The pajama thing is catching on all over, lots of kids were wearing them up at Foxwoods. They all look like they are late for the bus!!!
My girl, Lee, just left yesterday to go back to Boston. She goes to Foxwoods often. She told me about some old man there who always had two body guards with him. That must be one sorry existence.

Orlando has a shoot out or two nightly. We did a few jobs in some of the most dangerous area's of Orlando; off Orange Blosson Trail, and Pine (Crime) Hills. All you have to do is stare them right in the eyes. They are all a bunch of punks. If you stare them down, they will find someone easier to mess with. I guess I always had that look on job sites. Other subs would ask me what I was mad about, when I wasn't mad. :)

thehow33
01-27-2010, 09:18 AM

late for the bus...haha

zelatore
01-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Orlando has a shoot out or two nightly. We did a few jobs in some of the most dangerous area's of Orlando; off Orange Blosson Trail, and Pine (Crime) Hills. All you have to do is stare them right in the eyes. They are all a bunch of punks. If you stare them down, they will find someone easier to mess with. I guess I always had that look on job sites. Other subs would ask me what I was mad about, when I wasn't mad. :)

I must not have the look. OK, actually I KNOW I don't have the look. I don't think I'm going to try that after dark in downtown Oakland. If I did, I'd say you'd be reading about me in the papers, but unfortunately, murders in Oakland don't necessarily even make the papers...too common.

Cuda
01-27-2010, 10:13 AM
I must not have the look. OK, actually I KNOW I don't have the look. I don't think I'm going to try that after dark in downtown Oakland. If I did, I'd say you'd be reading about me in the papers, but unfortunately, murders in Oakland don't necessarily even make the papers...too common.
They are common Orlando I assure you. If it isn't the afro-americans, it's one of the Spanish speaking residents. I guess my eyes can be read in an language. If they want to mess with me, they had better be willing to die, because that's what my eyes say. My eyes don't lie either. I haven't run across a punk yet that thought acting bad was worth their life.