PDA

View Full Version : Oil drains

VetteLT193
01-25-2010, 02:57 PM
So, I was poking around my engines looking for the smartcraft connector (anyone know if Donzi puts the smartcraft plug behind the dash???).

Anyway... I found that Donzi upgraded the oil drains on my engines. I never saw them because they are completely black and were tied up under the plastic dress cover. Even when I pulled the covers off in the past I never noticed them.

So... I'm happy to never have to use that stupid hand oil pump again. Now I just have to hook the drain plugs to the bilge plug :wink:

mrfixxall
01-25-2010, 03:09 PM
So, I was poking around my engines looking for the smartcraft connector (anyone know if Donzi puts the smartcraft plug behind the dash???).

Anyway... I found that Donzi upgraded the oil drains on my engines. I never saw them because they are completely black and were tied up under the plastic dress cover. Even when I pulled the covers off in the past I never noticed them.

So... I'm happy to never have to use that stupid hand oil pump again. Now I just have to hook the drain plugs to the bilge plug :wink:

Thank mercruiser,they installed them..their on most of the late model stuff:)

i still use the pump on the hose to suck the pan dry..its a pain in the azz to fish the hose through the drain plug on the back of the boat..

VetteLT193
01-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Thank mercruiser,they installed them..their on most of the late model stuff:)

i still use the pump on the hose to suck the pan dry..its a pain in the azz to fish the hose through the drain plug on the back of the boat..

The Merc Manual said it is optional. I looked for them before the first oil change and didn't see them so I assumed Donzi didn't pay for the extra.

I'm happy to have more than one option at least. Hopefully it will work ok for me, if not I still have the pump :)

craigdskilling
01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
ON my 18 I replaced the plug with a plug that has a rubber hose on it ,that fits threw the drain plug.works great.

CHACHI
01-25-2010, 06:11 PM
ON my 18 I replaced the plug with a plug that has a rubber hose on it ,that fits threw the drain plug.works great.

IMO, this is the only way to go. Either installed by the factory or the owner, the system works very well and you can get a complete drain of the pan.

Ken

gcarter
01-25-2010, 06:14 PM
What Ken said!