PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for my 18 2+3?

superhatz
01-24-2010, 02:36 AM
I'm starting to think about a trailer for my 1970 18 2+3. I got a brochure for Phoenix Trailers at the boat show today...they look nice.

What brands do you guys like? Keep in mind, I'm in Minnesota and would like to find something within a few states...

Thanks!

:)

01-24-2010, 08:01 AM
I got an American by loadrite.
It works great and they had the specs for the Donzi so when the trailer showed up the boat fit it like a glove. The price was great too,I konw it was under 2 grand I think it was around $1700
Dave

Greg Guimond
01-24-2010, 08:29 AM
I am going to have to do the same thing for a 16. I am always torn by the convenience of a roller trailer in less then ideal ramp situations and the more even hull support of a bunk trailer. My current trailer has 18 rollers.

BUIZILLA
01-24-2010, 08:52 AM
8318 > just a suggestion > but I would rotate that bowstop down to the adjacent hole above, putting the roller closer and just above the pull eye.

RPD
01-24-2010, 09:28 AM
check around, i'd be surprized if there weren't a trailer maker near you that can make a custom trailer to your specs .... I had one made for my 16, i had it "overbuilt" so that it is sturdy and supports the boat very well ....

Greg: I had a galvanized, all roller trailer that lasted about 30 years ... the nice thing is that i didn't have to dunk the trailer and it was really easy to launch and retrieve alone .... but the rollers do take regular maintenance and i had to replace the axle twice .... as for my new trailer, aluminum with bunks, much less convenient to retrieve, boat support is much better, torsion axles make the ride smoother ... except for pulling out, i like it better..

thehow33
01-24-2010, 02:06 PM
who needs a trailer...save yourself some money!!!

superhatz
01-24-2010, 02:09 PM
who needs a trailer...save yourself some money!!!

That's awesome!....:)

superhatz
01-24-2010, 02:11 PM
I got an American by loadrite.
It works great and they had the specs for the Donzi so when the trailer showed up the boat fit it like a glove. The price was great too,I konw it was under 2 grand I think it was around $1700
Dave

Thanks Dave,

That's a nice looking trailer. I'm surprised to hear an aluminum trailer is that inexpensive...

Nice looking boat too...not sure I've seen that one before?

-Aaron