PDA

View Full Version : Forsale 1990 Black Widow

MOP
01-20-2010, 09:14 AM
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/1541375035.html

joel3078
01-20-2010, 11:37 AM
That one is way nice - redone and new engine. He has come down in price quite a bit from 2 years ago. Asking $19K now. I'd buy it but for the 3 years I had my Black Widow I only got to use is 4 months out of a year. Summer is waaay to short in Minnesota. 50-60 and sunny is to damn cold on a lake. Dressing up warm to go boating is not my idea of fun. My toys are Indian motorcycles now. At least I get 7 months of playtime with those. Some day when the enconomy straightens out I'll probably pop for a little 16 classic for small lake use but that's down the road.

Walt. H.
01-20-2010, 11:46 AM
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/1541375035.html
Gosh Phil, you find all the nice ones....:wink:

MOP
01-20-2010, 03:08 PM
You weren't quick enough to post it, thought you would not!

Walt. H.
01-20-2010, 03:12 PM
You weren't quick enough to post it, thought you would not!
Hah ha' you would be correct with those thoughts.:yes:

Walt. H.
01-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Just noticed it was previously listed for more last year by the owner/ member on 3-4-09
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56422

joel3078
01-21-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56422

Above is the original posting. I had the exact same boat but the 365hp chevy king cobra with the hump on top of outdrive setup. Did 58-61mph. With the engine rebuild seller states a little over 500hp would equal around 70mph. This boat is super easy to drive and flys pretty straight if you get airborne. Does not like to go in reverse with wind - nose will push with wind so it makes docking in reverse a pain sometimes. It's a great entry level offshore boat and a very nice cuddy cabin for a 24 footer. Built super solid and it's about 4,200 pounds for boat and motor with no liquids/gas/oil. The 1990 boats were hand laid fiberglass by Chris Craft employees during OMC merger back then. Top quality hulls with a funky retro round port hole design. Nothing else like em and you WILL get lots of attention at the dock, beach, etc.

Spdboat
01-31-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm new to the post and i'm looking to upgrade to a Donzi. What are the differences between the black Widow and late 90's model Z series?

Thanks for the info guys.

jdsdls
02-02-2010, 08:36 AM
The Z Series came to life in 1986 under Donzi ownwership in 1988 or 1989 OMC bought Donzi and started switching over OMC products the Black Widow was one of those boats. I think the 24 and the 30 black widow where build on the Z-25 and Z-29 hulls and they changed the decks. I could be wrong and they could be completed different hulls I do not know.

Like any old boat if your are looking at these boats have them SURVEYED. They are old and the stringers are wood and we know that water and wood go bad.

krock66
06-13-2010, 09:31 AM
I still have this boat for sale. Sat all last year and didn't see water. It's too bad really, it's absolutely beautiful.

bananaboatsteve
06-13-2010, 04:47 PM
talked with you before-have another 24' totally refurbed/repowerd black widow in CA where the owner is moving to Michigan and will take $15k for her---would cost me almost $2k to transport your boat down to the florida keys, another $500.00 to have a survey/sea trial done on her--------what about $15k for yours also??---------thanks--Steve

krock66
06-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I appreciate the $15000 offer but I don't need to sell it that badly. I started scribbling down some figures the other day as I was going thru receipts and things like that and just in the exhaust I have $3800 headers, $1259 risers, and $1350 silencers. Thats almost $6500 just in exhaust. I realize that I'm not gonna get everything back that I put in, but with the exhaust added on I have $15000 just in the motor. The mooring cover alone was $1000. Additionally, I offered to tow it half way down to Florida for you so the cost for you to get it to your place is the price of your gas if you want it to be. I fully understand your desire to have a boat surveyor look at it, but it's just a waste of your money. The boat is exactly like I say it is. I wouldn't sell it to anyone if I knew it had even one little problem. Like I said before, it hasn't really been used in a couple of years so I of course would make sure everything is perfect with it before anyone took it. I was actually thinking about using it a couple times this summer just to run it a little. I am willing to barter a little off of $19000, but I think it's generous of me to offer to tow it half way for you.
The survey is up to you. This boat is really really nice. When you head down into the cuddy it has a little area of stresscrack in the fiberglass right where the wall curves around. Maybe a 3"x3" spot that needs sanding and a quick fix, just never got around to having someone do it because I have no talent in that kind of stuff and didn't want to mess it up. I'm a mechanical fix it, motor type person. It isn't even noticeable if you don't look for it, but I have no problem sending you a pic if you'd like. Let me know.
Regardless of the outcome, thanks for the interest.

Kevin

bananaboatsteve
06-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Kevin--thanks for mailing back---I have to have the boat transported due to the fact that I am unable to trailer it regardless of where it's located---I don't have the means of doing so----as for the survey---we're talking about a 20 year old boat---you name it, structure, mechanics, electrical, everything needs to be checked out by a qualified individual who knows what to look for--especially now that you state it's been sitting for 2 years unused---didn't know it was for that length of time---thought you said you used it several times in 2009---anyways---if you think we could come to some middle ground give me a buzz---my email address is cheeseslobs@bellsouth.net--the other Donzi owner moving to Michigan said he would contact me around july 1 once he's completed moving---Steve

bananaboatsteve
07-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey Kevin--waiting to hear back----lets talk---my email is cheeseslobs@bellsouth.net---cell#---305-664-0354---WOULD LIKE TO PULL THE TRIGGER ON EITHER YOURS OR THE MICHIGAN DONZI!!!!---thanks----Steve