PDA

View Full Version : Just Checking in....

Last Real Texan
01-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Hav been out for a while playing with the big boat for the past few months and just wanted to check in and say hello...
Been having a ton of fun on the sportfish, spent the week between Christmas and New years on her hanging out in Boca Grande and the gulf coast. Getting ready to move her up to Tarpon springs and make the jump over to Carabelle and slowly start to bring her up through the Ten Tom to chatanooga....Lots of work to do but it is all worth it. Really is great but it sure is an eye opener when you are buying 400 gallons of fuel at a time...:shocking:

Bottom has been done
new windows installed
New canvas
some LED lighting in the cockpit
Replaced the 16000 BTU AC in the Main Salon
New electronics
Boomin stereo on the flybridge 2 10 inch subs 250 Watts each
4, 8 inch speakers driven by 75 watts each
all the stuff is Memphis Marine...Great stuff!!!
and lots and lots of cleaning...
getting reeady to remodel the interior...New carpet, furniture etc...:bonk:
I'll post some pictures later

Tex

Last Real Texan
01-19-2010, 09:29 AM
cockpit LEDS

The Hedgehog
01-19-2010, 09:13 PM
F@$3in awesome. Having seen it in person....it is a beautiful piece of machinery!

Maybe I will get some of those diesels myself one day.....

Last Real Texan
01-19-2010, 10:41 PM
F@$3in awesome. Having seen it in person....it is a beautiful piece of machinery!

Maybe I will get some of those diesels myself one day.....
Hmmmmmm i think you need 24 pistons

Team Jefe
01-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Very Cool Tex, can't wait to see teh updated pics.:yes:

VetteLT193
01-20-2010, 07:06 AM

yeah... here you go: http://www.everyboat.com/boat/45-1996-ocean-super-sport

almost a 40 MPH cruise speed. mid 40 MPH top end. :cool:

Tex... take your sweet time coming north. it's bee freezing.

gcarter
01-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Ya plannin' on being around Crystal River on the way North?

The Hedgehog
01-20-2010, 08:54 AM
yeah... here you go: http://www.everyboat.com/boat/45-1996-ocean-super-sport
almost a 40 MPH cruise speed. mid 40 MPH top end. :cool:
Tex... take your sweet time coming north. it's bee freezing.

Cool boat. Not big enough. Only two staterooms. Running 30+ in a large boat in these lakes will only make enemies though. You can't break 10 knots for long in shotgun alley. I already have fast. I can make Chatt town in under 30 minutes in the Donzi. If I move up it will be big (not a house boat though). Remember the journey is the best part of the trip on these big boats.

The Hedgehog
01-20-2010, 08:58 AM

Now that would be something.

My hat's off to you. Anyone can write checks and buy a boat. Buying an older boat takes guts and brains. If you do it right the payoff is big and the end result is worthy of respect. Kind of like the salute you get from a guy in a Buddy Davis that knows what is up.

BUIZILLA
01-20-2010, 09:01 AM
speaking of hauling a$$...

1980 Trojan F36 w/8.1 EFI's powerboat for sale in Texas (http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/8528)

The Hedgehog
01-20-2010, 09:55 AM

1980 Trojan F36 w/8.1 EFI's powerboat for sale in Texas (http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/8528)

That looks fun.

VetteLT193
01-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Cool boat. Not big enough. Only two staterooms. Running 30+ in a large boat in these lakes will only make enemies though. You can't break 10 knots for long in shotgun alley. I already have fast. I can make Chatt town in under 30 minutes in the Donzi. If I move up it will be big (not a house boat though). Remember the journey is the best part of the trip on these big boats.

I think it is a typo... 53 SS's are almost always 3 stateroom boats. So are 48 SS's in 2nd generation form. most of the 1st gen's were 3 stateroom as well but they did offer a 2 stateroom galley down model. The 53 2 stateroom was rare and had a massive salon. seating for probably 15 people easy.

the 53 and 48 had nearly identical layouts. here is the 48: http://www.oceanyachtsinc.com/Fleet/Hall_of_Fame/48_Super_Sport/floorplans.html

Cuda
01-20-2010, 10:21 AM

I've always wanted a Trojan 12 meter.

The Hedgehog
01-20-2010, 10:33 AM
I think it is a typo... 53 SS's are almost always 3 stateroom boats. So are 48 SS's in 2nd generation form. most of the 1st gen's were 3 stateroom as well but they did offer a 2 stateroom galley down model. The 53 2 stateroom was rare and had a massive salon. seating for probably 15 people easy.
the 53 and 48 had nearly identical layouts. here is the 48: http://www.oceanyachtsinc.com/Fleet/Hall_of_Fame/48_Super_Sport/floorplans.html

I like the Oceans. I looked at one a few weeks ago. Nice boats.

Speaking of big fishing boats, did you guys hear about the big Bertram that came apart recently? That is some crazy stuff.

BUIZILLA
01-20-2010, 10:37 AM
I like the Oceans. I looked at one a few weeks ago. Nice boats.

Speaking of big fishing boats, did you guys hear about the big Bertram that came apart recently? That is some crazy stuff. Oceans = flexible flyers... :wink:

I think Berty just took over that title though... :nilly:

The Hedgehog
01-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Oceans = flexible flyers... :wink:

I think Berty just took over that title though... :nilly:

Good info on the Ocean. I never trialed it though.

That Berty thing is a real mess. Old rigid boats that are overbuilt rule!

Last Real Texan
01-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Quad 350 Verados is going to sounds sweet....24 supercharged pistons screaming @ 6000 rpms...
That Deep impact is a sweet ride.

Last Real Texan
01-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Good info on the Ocean. I never trialed it though.

That Berty thing is a real mess. Old rigid boats that are overbuilt rule!
Have you seen the video???

Last Real Texan
01-20-2010, 11:37 AM
All hail the chief!!!!

The Hedgehog
01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Have you seen the video???

Yes. That boat is a MESS. Lot's of question marks but does not look good for Bertram. I got a little more out of the pics.

I bet the ole Pacemaker would not break like that. The deck reminds me of walking on the floor of a bank vault.

Last Real Texan
01-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Yes. That boat is a MESS. Lot's of question marks but does not look good for Bertram. I got a little more out of the pics.

I bet the ole Pacemaker would not break like that. The deck reminds me of walking on the floor of a bank vault.
Its not aluminum though...

The Hedgehog
01-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Its not aluminum though...

No, not like a Burger.

zelatore
01-20-2010, 02:11 PM
What'd you do for electronics?

I find I currently have some extra time on my hands....wanna fly me out and have me install the stuff? I'll do it at no charge in exchange for a bunk during the cruise :boat:

BTW, if you still need electronics drop me a PM - I might be able to get you a decent deal on some gear depending on what you're running.