PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Aero 28'

Conquistador_del_mar
01-17-2010, 01:02 PM
I decided to sell my Aero (copy of a Magnum 27 sport) since I already have too many projects. It needs a fairly complete restoration. The Stern Powr bullet drive seems to be functional with the gears turning by turning the prop (no noise or grinding), the outdrive trim works fine after I installed a battery yesterday to run it up, and the hydraulic steering is still working. The 454 engine will need a complete rebuild. The Velvet Drive tranny is likely functional. The deck and hull are in very good shape just needing cosmetic work. The only structural member that I know needs replacing is the starboard stringer which sounds hollow towards the rear. The fuel tank is located under the main cockpit floor. There is no engine cover so one would have to be built. The deck hatch is in good shape and was painted white to blend in with the deck. The holes in the transom which used to have a swim platform mounted have all been filled with silicone. The windshield is all there and is in respectable condition. I don't have a title for the boat, but I will provide a bill of sale that is enough to get a title in some states. I would sell the boat for $2600 by itself or $4200 with the aluminum Float On trailer that was used to bring my 27' Magnum down from Wisconsin. I am located in north Texas at Lake Texoma which is 70 miles due north of Dallas. If one of you wants it, I will honor the first person who commits to buying it as long as they can get it within one month - I need the space. I am offering it here before I go to craigslist or ebay. Please email me at Dgill25960@aol.com instead of sending PMs. Thanks, Bill

HIGH LIFE
01-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Bill, what do you feel are the differences in quality between the MAGNUM and the copy (Aero) ? Michael "HIGH LIFE"

Conquistador_del_mar
01-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Bill, what do you feel are the differences in quality between the MAGNUM and the copy (Aero) ? Michael "HIGH LIFE"

Hey, Michael. Since I have not taken the Aero apart like the Magnum, the only really noticeable difference is that Aero tried to make a functional cabin by leaving out one or two bulkheads. Ironically, the deck on the Aero is rock solid unlike the deck on the Magnum where I had to recore it. Aero mounted their fuel tank under the cockpit floor unlike Magnum mounting two 50 gallon tanks under the cabin floor farther forward. The stringers are encapsualted in glass on both boats. I would say the quality of the outside glass work is probably better on the Aero in my case. I think the Aero was made more for overall family boating while the Magnum was more for the offshore race type. I know these are fairly cursory observations. BIll

HIGH LIFE
01-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Hi Bill, All the MAGNUM SEDAN'S I've had have 2-50 gal tanks under cockpit floor. On the black sedan w/ 300X o/b I added 2-32 gal tanks aft of these, 164 gal total. Motors weigh 444# each... boat rides great, no porpoise. Michael "HIGH LIFE"

Conquistador_del_mar
02-19-2010, 12:58 PM
If anyone here is interested, I will sell the 28' Aero on the Float On trailer for $3800. In the right hands, this boat could be running 80+MPH in rough water by summer. Come get it and get to work. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
03-18-2010, 12:33 PM
If anyone here is interested, I will sell the 28' Aero on the Float On trailer for $3800. In the right hands, this boat could be running 80+MPH in rough water by summer. Come get it and get to work. Bill

I am out of storage space so I will sell the Aero for $3500 on the trailer or $2200 by itself. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
07-26-2010, 11:03 PM
I am out of storage space so I will sell the Aero for $3500 on the trailer or $2200 by itself. Bill

Since I recently received an inquiry into the Aero, I wanted to say that I will still honor the last price quoted even though I am not in need of the space as much as earlier in the year. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
To the top.
Any interest? I would like to sell it before March. There have been a few people express an interest, but no one has followed through yet. :lookaroun: Bill

Greg Guimond
02-11-2011, 08:30 PM
I know that this is sacrilege, but that hull with a single big block 300 ETEC would be a cruiser and economical to run all day long :yes:

Conquistador_del_mar
03-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Sold to a real nice younger guy from the Houston area who frequents this site. He drove up today (3/12) and picked it up. Bill

cguth
03-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Sold to a real nice younger guy from the Houston area who frequents this site. He drove up today (3/12) and picked it up. Bill

Thanks so much Bill. It was great meeting you and looking at all those beautiful boats. I will gladly keep you updated on its progress. The traffic going home was a pain in the butt, we didn't make it home until 10, but it was worth the drive.

Greg Guimond
03-13-2011, 12:21 PM
good deal for both of you :yes: love the look of the flat deck