PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore vs Indy

Ghost
01-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Tom, this game better be driving you up the wall like it is us out here.

Mike

Cuda
01-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Indy scored 14 points in the last two minutes of the half.

Ghost
01-16-2010, 08:45 PM
This is killing me. Ellerbe nearly shut down that 4th down by a what, 8 inches? 14 pts since.

We're not out of this yet though. We may even have them right where we want them...

Cuda
01-16-2010, 09:39 PM
I take it that you are a Baltimore fan. If the face of the Ravens is Ray Lewis, the Colts is Peyton Manning, give me Peyton everyday of the week, and twice on Sundays. :)

Ghost
01-16-2010, 10:12 PM
I take it that you are a Baltimore fan. If the face of the Ravens is Ray Lewis, the Colts is Peyton Manning, give me Peyton everyday of the week, and twice on Sundays. :)

Joe, you're killing me. Let's say Johnny Unitas is the face of Baltimore, and Robert Irsay is the face of Indy. How's that feel every day of the week and twice on Sundays, for 30+ years? :)

Cuda
01-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Joe, you're killing me. Let's say Johnny Unitas is the face of Baltimore, and Robert Irsay is the face of Indy. How's that feel every day of the week and twice on Sundays, for 30+ years? :)
A lot of NFL pundits compare Manning with Johnny U. That's not a bad person to be compared to.:cool:

Ghost
01-17-2010, 09:29 AM
A lot of NFL pundits compare Manning with Johnny U. That's not a bad person to be compared to.:cool:

Yeah, Manning is amazing, and seems to be a great person as well. You really can't dislike the guy. Indy's an extremely good team. I'm amazed they've only won 1 Superbowl in the last 5 or so years.

Cuda
01-17-2010, 11:50 AM
My cousin still can't stand Manning because he played for UT. UT never once beat the Gators when Peyton was there. Spurrier once said you can't spell Citrus (Bowl) without U T. :)

FISHIN SUCKS
01-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Sorry Mike, was busy drinking during the game. They don't make enough heart pills for when the Colts play. While the game, in the end, was not close, I never ruled out the Ravens til the las 4 minutes. Wore my lucky #44 Dallas Clark jersey, hope the luck doesn't wear out for the Jets. My best friend wore his #19 Unitas, well represented.

Ghost
01-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Good luck with the Jets.

Hard to know what to think. Favre, but playing for Minnesota, the kings of getting there but not winning (Buffalo for the NFC). Against the Saints, one of the kings of never getting there at all. Suggests (despite my read of this season) that Minnesota will beat New Orleans, and then lose the big one.

Jets versus Indy. This one is messier. History has a famous Jets over Colts story, but I can't buy it this year. Manning is too good. Still, how weird would another big upset be by the Jets over the Colts? And that would have Favre playing against his team from last season. The best known QB in the NFL against a team whose QB most of America can't even name. Bizarre.

All things considered, I have to say it'll be Indy over New Orleans. But the weirdness of history might suggest the Jets beating Minnesota. How F'd up would that be?

Something tells me that no matter what, the real theme of this season is kicker weakness. While I guess we'll see Indy over New Orleans, regardless of who is in it, I will solidly predict the game will be lost on a missed placekick, by someone. The most likely suspect is the Saints' kicker, seeing all their shenanigans at that position this year. And Stover has God on his side. So I say Indy over the Saints, on a missed kick.

Have Ouiji board, will travel...

FISHIN SUCKS
01-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Haha, hope your prediction is right. I think Stover will do alright.....and I don't give one squat about what anybody says, Vinaterri was not a 'clutch' kicker!

If it does end up the Colts vs Saints, the media and the celebs will all be about the saints 'cause of Katrina. There will be no love for the Colts if they are against them, unless of course Indianapolis has a major ice storm between now and the superbowl where people are out of power for a long period of time.

where's the popcorn:popcorn:?