PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass Tec section

OFFSHORE GINGER
01-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Hey guy's just curious , why is it that every other site you vist has a tec section for fiberglass & paint and this one does't ?

gcarter
01-16-2010, 06:17 PM
I guess Scot thinks it all happens right here......
Which it does actually, plus rigging, engines, and drives.

silverghost
01-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Dad & I will also cast our Vote for a special Fiberglass/Paint Section or running Thread ; )

OFFSHORE GINGER
01-16-2010, 09:38 PM
I , could be wrong but all the fiberglass and paint questions are all over the the place from Performance Talk , which is all about motors and props or anything else ext ext , or talk about other boats , which has most of the stuff going on about fiberglass repair . Hey i guess a small section just for fiberglass tec & paint questions is worth a try but .................i could be wrong.

Ed Donnelly
01-16-2010, 10:40 PM
And then a section just on props, drives, superchargers, carbs.......Ed

axelkloehn
01-17-2010, 05:35 AM
...upholstery, electrics/gauges, graphics, trailers...

CHACHI
01-17-2010, 07:21 AM
I guess Scot thinks it all happens right here......
Which it does actually, plus rigging, engines, and drives.

This is correct, any one who has a 'glass question just asks George.

Ken

OFFSHORE GINGER
01-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Hey guys i apologize and it never hurts to ask because you are all right, and why clutter up the site with anything else considering the site already has a Antiques/furniture /household section which has a post about an antique claw foot tub on it or a section on barter items or another section on Computer's & electronics :confused: all that and no photograph and camera section ?:eek::doh:Once again i apologize for being so :lame:and will put a :wrench: in it .:toilet:

silverghost
01-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Possibly some non-boat related section/s could be dropped in favor of more boat-tech related forums?
Most of these other sections get little attention, posts, or use.
Mostly a waste of valuable space.
Just my two cents~

HOWARD O
01-17-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't really know why this website is called the Donzi "REGISTRY" anymore. There used to be an actual REGISTRY, which could be sorted by model length, hull number, name or location. There used to be a section for special projects, whereby members could do a write up much like George Carter has so graciously furnished us with in this particular forum. Not helpful unless you search for it though.

I believe these great sections went by the wayside with the "upgrade" to the VBulletin software which allows the owner of the site to set it up and maintain through an administration panel, thereby doing away with all the extra work of actual website design.

More than once, long ago, I have offered to help out to perhaps bring back the Registry and offered some web design help to get some more dynamic things like it used to be.....as I'm sure many others have as well. Offer of help was not accepted so I gave up. I think if it's not a point and click integration with the VBulletin software, there's no interest. Loss of that Registry is a disaster...... :cool:

gcarter
01-17-2010, 03:30 PM
When I was in Houston a few months ago, Scot told me the old Registry wasn't compatible w/the latest version of vBulletin.
I don't think it's a lack of interest though.
Even if it ware just a link to the Registry on a different site, it would be helpful.
I'd like to see it again.

harbormaster
01-17-2010, 04:07 PM
up till now no one had requested it. Is this something you guys would like?

MOP
01-17-2010, 06:11 PM
George I think you hit the nail on the head, getting permission to link to a specialized glass forum. Yes quite a bit has been done on this board, some searching can reap a fair bit. But getting the right answers quicker would be a bit more helpful in many instances.

Ed Donnelly
01-17-2010, 07:21 PM
The registry attracted me to this site soooo many years ago..

I would spend hours and hours seeing whose 22 was built closest to mine..

You could check by name length state, just all kinds of ways.. I sure miss it..

Like what has been said a thousand times over... If you are not interested in a particular forum don't open it... Bring back the registry please.......Ed

Ed Donnelly
01-17-2010, 07:23 PM
G.G. We were just busting your b a l l s

No harm, no foul:):wink:......Ed

OFFSHORE GINGER
01-17-2010, 07:40 PM
G.G. We were just busting your b a l l s

No harm, no foul:):wink:......EdEd , it's all good .:wink:

Greg Guimond
01-17-2010, 09:07 PM
A Registry link would be great..........

joseph m. hahnl
01-18-2010, 05:16 PM
up till now no one had requested it. Is this something you guys would like?

Yes :yes::To the fiberglass/paint section .

But, what about all the stuff that's already in the performance section:confused:?

Would it migrate to the new fiberglass and paint section:boggled: