PDA

View Full Version : 1995 20 Cig: 85 mph: Not mine! Too bad!!!

Okie2
01-13-2010, 04:31 PM
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/1550765625.html

Carl C
01-13-2010, 04:49 PM
700 hp should go faster than 85.................

Walt. H.
01-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Nah' For $55,000.oo it should run faster then 85 mph.:rofl:

VetteLT193
01-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I think that's "Pop Gun". if I remember correctly it was sold last year-ish from the prior (original?) owner.

Loved the boat except the hood scoop. (again) if memory serves correct the scoop was installed at the factory along with everything else.

mattyboy
01-14-2010, 03:10 PM

very nice boat but remember they are heavier than people expect for a 20 foot boat especially in the son of a gun form being a full 3 person bench in the front. they ride well but take a little more power to get going . the figures I heard on the 20 were 3500 lbs unrigged the 22 depending on what vintage can go as high as 3400 lbs rigged. not sure if this is a pad boat either?? that would have some effect on top end.

different from a classic with 2 buckets, the weight does lend itself to the bigger ride for a small boat

very popular for gun owners or gladiator owners to get a 20 and make a smaller version of their big boat. I saw little maximus a 20 that is an exact copy of the owners gladiator ( maximus) right down to the staggered twin hood scoops looked pretty wild an awesome boat.

also remember that the mills in them and the paint jobs on them are 5 figures alone. They also hold their value extremely well,
this is a fairly priced , pretty uncommon boat. I like it. you don't see them up for sale to often either their owners love them and hold onto them.

Carl C
01-14-2010, 04:02 PM
very nice boat but remember they are heavier than people expect for a 20 foot boat especially in the son of a gun form being a full 3 person bench in the front. they ride well but take a little more power to get going . the figures I heard on the 20 were 3500 lbs unrigged the 22 depending on what vintage can go as high as 3400 lbs rigged. not sure if this is a pad boat either?? that would have some effect on top end.

different from a classic with 2 buckets, the weight does lend itself to the bigger ride for a small boat

very popular for gun owners or gladiator owners to get a 20 and make a smaller version of their big boat. I saw little maximus a 20 that is an exact copy of the owners gladiator ( maximus) right down to the staggered twin hood scoops looked pretty wild an awesome boat.

also remember that the mills in them and the paint jobs on them are 5 figures alone. They also hold their value extremely well,
this is a fairly priced , pretty uncommon boat. I like it. you don't see them up for sale to often either their owners love them and hold onto them.

I didn't know they were that heavy. I can top 85 with 525 hp in a 22. Just didn't seem right. I never said the price was out of line!

mattyboy
01-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I didn't know they were that heavy. I can top 85 with 525 hp in a 22. Just didn't seem right. I never said the price was out of line!

thinking about it heavy is a bad choice of words on my part, solid would be a better choice that's also why they take big power so well

Sweet Cheekz
01-14-2010, 05:41 PM
This boat is owned by a very good friend of mine and it is sweet I don't want it to sell cause we are running this summer together if he doesn't. Nobody ever said any old cigs are fast in calm water and this baby is no different but it rocks in a mess of waves Remember too that the motor is said to be 700 Hawk The motor is strong but maybe not 700. Sweet boat for anyone who wants a 20 cig totally redone but at half the price to do it now
Parnell

mattyboy
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Parnell ,
they do like a mess ;) it is a niiice boat

ummm Carl you have a shortie :yes:

Just Say N20
01-15-2010, 11:45 AM
The ad.

Sweet Cheekz
01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Parnell ,