PDA

View Full Version : Glenwood exhausts

Boatwrench
01-10-2010, 04:32 PM
I've got a set of old Glenwood exhausts for my sweet 16 and I was wondering if these cause much of a water flow restriction compared to a set of GLM aluminum center riser style manifolds. I'm running a 260 Merc with a crank driven pump and the circulation pump still on.

mrfixxall
01-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I've got a set of old Glenwood exhausts for my sweet 16 and I was wondering if these cause much of a water flow restriction compared to a set of GLM aluminum center riser style manifolds. I'm running a 260 Merc with a crank driven pump and the circulation pump still on.

I ran them for years on my x18,at the time it had a hopped up 307 in it and the boat ran 62 mph with them..the only issues i had was that they were to close to the transm and with the exhaust studs on the motor they were a pain to get on and off..I had to remove the tips to remove the manifolds because they were all one piece..i like the center riser emi's i put on with the built 355 i have in their now a whole lot better :)

silverghost
01-10-2010, 06:01 PM
You should be fine with these Glenwood manifolds~
They are very similar to the OEM Donzi / Holman-Moody manifolds used on the early Donzi/Ford equipped boats.
Aluminum manifolds do not last very long used salt water!

Conquistador_del_mar
01-10-2010, 06:45 PM

I have used a few sets of Glenwoods with no problems. My 1971 18 has a set with a cam driven Magnaflow pump. They make two sizes of risers that you might check out. The larger ones would not fit under my engine compartment lip at the back so I went with their smaller ones that work perfectly. Bill

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=478678&postcount=152

MOP
01-10-2010, 07:41 PM
The Glenwoods are a decent setup my only concern would be condition, if they have been used in salt pull the riser and see if they have deteriorated from corrosion. Many times they will look very good on the outside but have problems developing. The last thing anyone needs is water in the engine, another point if you intend to add a high lift cam the Glenwwoods will let reversion happen.

Phil

mrfixxall
01-10-2010, 11:55 PM
The Glenwoods are a decent setup my only concern would be condition, if they have been used in salt pull the riser and see if they have deteriorated from corrosion. Many times they will look very good on the outside but have problems developing. The last thing anyone needs is water in the engine, another point if you intend to add a high lift cam the Glenwwoods will let reversion happen.

Phil

Mop, just a heads's up! on my 307 i have a erson solid cam in it 510I lift 510E lift 280I duration 280E duration on a 106 deg lobe center, never had a problem with reversion the 14 yrs i had it in the boat..:)