PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Open

silverghost
01-08-2010, 01:39 PM
A mechanic friend of mine is looking for a performance/ fishing/general purpose go fast ocean going boat.
He does not have a lot of $$ to work with
So he needs an older boat.
He is not an ouboard fan.
He wants a twin I/O with a Cigarette style deep-V hull.
I suggested an older Cigarette I/O Inboard model that has a very large open cockpit for most of the boat length.
Most Cigarettes have the big long typical offshore deck.
I seem to remember a fairly rare Cigarette model that was mostly all open with a sunpad aft over the engine compartment and a small storage area foreward.
The rest of the hull was entirely open!
Does anyone know the model name of this older rare cigarette open hull boat? 28-33 foot?
Any photos appreciated.
What years were they built?
Were many were built ?
There has been one running in the Ocean City NJ area for years.
It is the only one I have ever seen myself.
Interesting & unusul Cigarette !

mrfixxall
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
i saw one forsale about a month ago.let me do some digging..

VetteLT193
01-08-2010, 02:35 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=549082

the one I think you are referring to is the 28. It was a split console setup.

They also did the decathalon, then 33 cafe open, and now the top fish. might have made others but I am not sure.

MOP
01-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Another one to look into is a Cary they made a nice side by side twin console, they are old enough to find one at a good number.

This is probably out of his price range but a gas on not as nice can be found cheaper, Buizilla had the deal of the century on one but long gone!

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/boatFullDetails.jsp?boat_id=1996290&ybw=&units=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=57289&url=

RedDog
01-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I saw this one in Orange Beach AL back in '01

mrfixxall
01-09-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=549082

the one I think you are referring to is the 28. It was a split console setup.

They also did the decathalon, then 33 cafe open, and now the top fish. might have made others but I am not sure.

thanx vette,that's the one i saw from bill :)

Donzi Vol
01-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Ask Conquistador Del Mar (Bill).

silverghost
01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
The Cigarette boat he is looking for is not a center console~
I have no idea of the Cigarette model name but the boat looks more like a conventional Cigarette hull with the deck removed. There is only a small storage area in the bow area & and a teak & vinyl covered pad in the aft engine area.
The Cigarette boat in Ocean City NJ has BBC V8 gas engines not inline 6 .
We don't know what model name to search for.
I have no clue as to Cig model names; My web searches have not spotted any cig boats that look at all similar?
This boat is an 80s vintage boat I believe ?
My buddy called cigarette: but they were no help at all!

Conquistador_del_mar
01-10-2010, 12:58 PM
The Cigarette boat he is looking for is not a center console~
I have no idea of the Cigarette model name but the boat looks more like a conventional Cigarette hull with the deck removed. There is only a small storage area in the bow area & and a teak & vinyl covered pad in the aft engine area.
The Cigarette boat in Ocean City NJ has BBC V8 gas engines not inline 6 .
We don't know what model name to search for.
I have no clue as to Cig model names; My web searches have not spotted any cig boats that look at all similar?
This boat is an 80s vintage boat I believe ?
My buddy called cigarette: but they were no help at all!

Here are some pictures of the Cigarette 28' sport fishing boat that I almost bought recently. Is this close to the design he was after? Bill

Cuda
01-10-2010, 03:54 PM
There was a decathalon for years behind a fence on the Tampa side of the Gandy Bridge, on the south side.

FISHIN SUCKS
01-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I saw this one in Orange Beach AL back in '01
I'm not a big fan of eggbeaters, but that is a cool looing boat!