PDA

View Full Version : 16 Donzi in South Flordia?

David Hartmann
01-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know of a 16 Donzi in South Florida.

I need one to display at the miami Boat Show in the middle of February. The boat will be on land in the show and covered the whole time. The only part showing will be the the Hull bottom. The top and sides will have a custom made drape over it.

Ideally I am looking for one with a white hull bottom

I will pay for the use. I will provide insurance or a security deposit.

The boat is needed for a display. We do not have prototypes that we can bring to the show so we are going to use a 16 Donzi which is similar size with a cover on it.

The actual Boats won't stat shipping until July 2010

Please call or email
David Hartmann
860 944 1210
davidh@deckfastener.com

kraftee
01-05-2010, 06:37 PM
VERY bold move David - moving forward with a new boat company. I wish you much luck - but be prepared for a very difficult time. We have been building boats in Florida since 1971 in the same location and we have NEVER seen anything like what is happening now. I am sales manager for the company and we had been averaging about 12 big pleasure trawlers (37' - 74') per year and about another dozen 21' - 32' sportfish boats. However, we have not sold a new boat since APRIL 2009! We have dropped from 85 employees at the end of '07 to about 10 right now. We are barely staying in business with refits, repowers, service work and with a joint sportfish project. Times are tough - but times are the very toughest in the boat business. Best of luck. we'll see you in Miami. ERIC

BUIZILLA
01-05-2010, 06:39 PM
get ahold of Poodle, his BIL has a white one... it's right around the corner from me, garaged, stupid clean.. you get the picture..

David Hartmann
01-06-2010, 01:18 PM
get ahold of Poodle, his BIL has a white one... it's right around the corner from me, garaged, stupid clean.. you get the picture..

Thank you

Where is right around the corner? Are you in South Florida?

David Hartmann
01-06-2010, 01:28 PM
VERY bold move David - moving forward with a new boat company. I wish you much luck - but be prepared for a very difficult time. We have been building boats in Florida since 1971 in the same location and we have NEVER seen anything like what is happening now. I am sales manager for the company and we had been averaging about 12 big pleasure trawlers (37' - 74') per year and about another dozen 21' - 32' sportfish boats. However, we have not sold a new boat since APRIL 2009! We have dropped from 85 employees at the end of '07 to about 10 right now. We are barely staying in business with refits, repowers, service work and with a joint sportfish project. Times are tough - but times are the very toughest in the boat business. Best of luck. we'll see you in Miami. ERIC

Thank you for the words of wisdom. Wow you really did have a major cutback there. I am glad to see they are still in business though.

It is a rough time for an existing business. The only good thing is that vendors are being more flexible with business models and that we aren't making any money so the government doesn't take it from us yet.

I hope that you do come by and introduce yourself. It would be great to meet you. We will not have a lot to show in February but you will get an idea of what we are doing.

David

BUIZILLA
01-06-2010, 01:32 PM
we are in Miami

silverghost
01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
David:
Have you folks built ANY new boats as of today ?
I would be very carefull displaying some other builder's boat at a boatshow and having folks think you built it as your prototype !
It would also be fraud if you took deposits based on this display boat.

David Hartmann
01-10-2010, 03:46 PM
David:
Have you folks built ANY new boats as of today ?
I would be very carefull displaying some other builder's boat at a boatshow and having folks think you built it as your prototype !
It would also be fraud if you took deposits based on this display boat.

No we have not built any as of yet. The first prototypes will be made in March. The hull mold should be done in February but the deck will take a few more weeks.

Thank you for the input. We are not actually showing the Donzi. We will have it covered. You will only be able to see the hull bottom. The Donzi 16 is just a similar shaped boat that will help give people an idea of the style and size of boat. We are not planing on selling any Hornets at the show.