PDA

View Full Version : 1970 Holman moody Volvo outdrive color

Bobby D
01-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know the color and serial # of the paint to match the original Volvo 250 color? The stern drive is off and ready to paint next weekend.
Pretty sure the stuff for the old Volvo's is called Aquamatic White and from what I remember the original Volvo white has a green tint to it.

penbroke
01-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Arctic White is the name I think. West Marine and the like have it in rattle cans.

Frank

mattyboy
01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
I believe if you use tempo paints they label the can early volvo white and newer volvo white
200 250 are early white along with some 270 and the later 270 and 280 290 are newer white

maddad
01-04-2010, 08:04 PM
There was a thread recently that said Tempo was no longer available or out of business. I have not seen it at West Marine in a while.

mattyboy
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
a few sites on line still have it listed could be old stock or old website info

penbroke
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
WM now carries Moeller rattle cans. I expect it's pretty much the same stuff... Acording to Moeller their 25436 Volvo Aquamatic White crosses to Tempo 20436 Volvo White 1972-79. I have both here. The Tempo is indeed the greenish white you refer to. I have not tried the Moeller yet.

Moeller info here. (http://www.moellermarine.com/aftermarket/marine_paints/engine_paint/)

Frank
BTW: The original color of my AQ200 was not Arctic White but pure white like the driven snow...

Bobby D
01-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks everyone,
The new owner of the orange and white 16600 is in the middle of doing a total restoration and when he's done the Donzi is going look awesome. No S*** I thought the boat looked great when I owned it however when he gets done the boat will be one of the nicest around as far as attention to detail and a period correct restoration.
The deck is off and the new gas tank is installed. The HM in the motor shop and being overhauled and when done will be north of 350HP. All the chrome has been redone and the Rocket Trailer has been totally refurbished down to the baby moons. The hull and deck have been sanded down to original the gel and repainted to match the original color. The list goes on and on.
Will keep everyone posted.
Bob