PDA

View Full Version : It's Cold In Florida!

Barry Eller
01-04-2010, 06:55 AM
28* in Gulf Breeze this Morning. 44* in Miami!
:shocking: :cussball:

gcarter
01-04-2010, 06:59 AM
It's 30 here and it won't hit 70 again until Wednesday of next week!

Cuda
01-04-2010, 07:00 AM
They said on the new out of Orlando that last night was going to be the coldest night in decades. I don't know if they meant for this date or not. I think it's supposed to be colder tonight. :(

Barry Eller
01-04-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm going to have to drain my sprinkler pump. Cover up some bushes and plants. BRRRRRR

tmh
01-04-2010, 07:17 AM
I take my son back to Florida State today from Naples. I see the lows will be mid 20's for a week in Tallahassee. When I picked him up in December it was 20 degrees colder in Tallahassee than Naples. It got down to 39 last night.
T.M. Hayes

MOP
01-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Fools don't you understand that "Global Warming" has finally struck!!!

Just Say N20
01-04-2010, 08:10 AM
It's 30 here and it won't hit 70 again until Wednesday of next week!

While I understand the truthfulness of this statement, for those of us in the north, this is something we will probably never get to say.

We get to say, "It's 6 here, and it won't hit 70 again for 4 more months."

mc donzi
01-04-2010, 08:38 AM
This AM there was ice on a pail of water in the lanai just south of Sarasota.

gcarter
01-04-2010, 08:46 AM
They said on the new out of Orlando that last night was going to be the coldest night in decades. I don't know if they meant for this date or not. I think it's supposed to be colder tonight. :(

I remember the bad freeze in December of '89 (I think), where it got down into the low 'teens several nights in a row. There was a LOT of frozen vegetation, even down into Miami.

CHACHI
01-04-2010, 08:52 AM

I feel sorry for you.

NEVER hit double digits at my house yesterday.

At 5 AM it was 13. Spring is close.

Ken

deejay
01-04-2010, 09:07 AM
35 this A.M. in Umatilla and bright and sunny. All and all, not a good day to be on the water in my 22C.

BUIZILLA
01-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Umatilla???? you know Tom & Kathy Richards?

deejay
01-04-2010, 10:04 AM
No I don't. Are they Donzi people? Can you tell me something about them? You know of Umatilla. Amazing!

BUIZILLA
01-04-2010, 10:10 AM
25 year friends of ours, they live on a small lake there, he's a landscaper, they have a round igloo'ish style house he built himself...

Walt. H.
01-04-2010, 10:42 AM
With all this cold weather i'm sure Al da-bore Gore has gone back into hiding, :blub: or will be making a statement that its because those giant glacier have broken off up north and are floating down off the coast of Florida making it colder then normal.
Yeah' thats the official A.Gore answer.:idea:

Nine deg's here in the NY. Hudson Valley the other night, and a balmy 22* right now....:eek:

mike o
01-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Saw some beau coup SNOW FLAKES last weekend in VT. About 33 1/2" in the Burlington area.:yes:

Cuda
01-04-2010, 01:38 PM
I remember the bad freeze in December of '89 (I think), where it got down into the low 'teens several nights in a row. There was a LOT of frozen vegetation, even down into Miami.
I remember picking oranges in the snow in 1977. I was living in St Pete. It snowed in Miami that day.

Cuda
01-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Umatilla???? you know Tom & Kathy Richards?
Umatilla isn't far from me.

Cuda
01-04-2010, 01:40 PM
There is a Umatilla in Oregon also. I've been there too. :)

BlownCrewCab
01-04-2010, 01:53 PM

I once had a Bucket with Ice in it, and some Heinekins stickin out of it:party:
... But really, once back in 1976/77 I saw it snow in Miami and saw the puddles had ice in them..

17* here in TN this am, not making it up to 30* for a few more days.

Marlin275
01-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Right about now
Jack Frost would pop up and make fun of us all
but I think he left this site with the others?

31 high here in NYC

VetteLT193
01-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I take my son back to Florida State today from Naples. I see the lows will be mid 20's for a week in Tallahassee. When I picked him up in December it was 20 degrees colder in Tallahassee than Naples. It got down to 39 last night.
T.M. Hayes

The forecast says We're going down to the teens now up here in Tallahassee. 18 tonight, 16 tomorrow. All I know is I'm freezing my rump off.

deejay
01-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Cuda, If you have been to Umatilla, Fl AND Umatilla Or I can't imagine what else there is to do. As I recall you are in Deland? We ran the St. Johns from 44 up to Lake Mary RR bridge about a month ago with a side trip some way up the Wekiva. Had lunch along the way. A nice trip to be sure. Check out the PIX of our blue weimaraner.
Buixilla, Am not familiar with the described home site. Will be on the lookout for a landscape operation with the Richards name.
Y,all, are there a number of Donzi people in the central florida area? The only one I have had the pleasure of meeting is the master, George C.
We are looking at ~ 25F tonight and ~51F on Tuesday.
Pucker up.

Donzi Vol
01-04-2010, 08:34 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/37601:4

Going up to the mountains tomorrow. Oh joy...

MOP
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I kind of hate to say it but I am sitting here giggling it is high time you guys got a dose of CHILL after all the ragging you give us Northern Boys!:shocking:

BUIZILLA
01-04-2010, 08:48 PM
bring it on.... the Dmax LOVES this cold weather :yes:

actually, the Audi likes it even more.... zoom zoom

BUIZILLA
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Saw some beau coup SNOW FLAKES last weekend in VT. About 33 1/2" in the Burlington area.:yes: my daughter's best friend, and a neighbor of ours, moved to Burlington a couple months ago,,,, she's never seen snow before... she called home yesterday freezing her tush off... she had walked outside and the snow was waist deep, and called her mom here on her cell, and she asked her mom what she should do... her mom said > whatever you do don't pee in it !! cracked me up..

Walt. H.
01-05-2010, 01:33 AM
Now this is what I call Burrrrr!COLD!:shocking:

MOP
01-05-2010, 07:59 AM
You think they will park there next winter?

Cuda
01-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Cuda, If you have been to Umatilla, Fl AND Umatilla Or I can't imagine what else there is to do. As I recall you are in Deland? We ran the St. Johns from 44 up to Lake Mary RR bridge about a month ago with a side trip some way up the Wekiva. Had lunch along the way. A nice trip to be sure. Check out the PIX of our blue weimaraner.
Buixilla, Am not familiar with the described home site. Will be on the lookout for a landscape operation with the Richards name.
Y,all, are there a number of Donzi people in the central florida area? The only one I have had the pleasure of meeting is the master, George C.
Pucker up.
I live not a half mile from the boat launch on 44. I'm on a canal that goes to the river. The Wekiva can be pretty shallow. Did you go up to the park there? Trish sent me a lot of pictures of river lizards there. Speaking of Trish, she called me this morning. She's flying to Ohio for a week. Her sister had a baby, and she's going to help her out.

Where do you live that it's that cold? Minnesota would be my first guess. :(

Just Say N20
01-05-2010, 09:08 AM
When I am feeling like our Michigan weather is bad, I click on a link with the weather conditions on top of Mt. Washington, in NH. And then I don't feel so bad.

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/deck/

This was from 12/29/09 :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

CHACHI
01-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Mt Washington..............highest recorded winds on earth 231 MPH.

and they call Chicago windy.

Ken

MOP
01-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Mario, Linda and Bonnie and I went up to Mt Washington last year, it was a fairly warm day at the base but up top it was brutal. The chains in the picture were there to hold that building from blowing away!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donzi Vol
01-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I literally thought my butt had frozen off today. I mean, I turned around and looked for it. Spring here yet?!

donzi racer
01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Pucker up.

To your question about Donzi People in middle Florida, "there are lots of them, Lots & Lots of them" I cannot believe how cold it is here. Mop, I thought the same thing when it got sooooo cold, at least some of our Northern Brethren will finally be able to say (ha ha ). Sending a few pics of our Blue Shar Pei to compliment your beautiful Weimaraner. We are over on the east coast when it gets warmer. Ya'll come!!!! If you have met the man George Carter, you have met one of the very best! Tom

PS check out that 1st one. That is a little Rasberry just for you! & #2 is when I tell her, "straighten up, it's the PO PO!" # 3 & 4 is "if somebody does not come drive this silly golf cart, RIGHT NOW, then I am going to do it myself, & you do remember what happened the last time I did that! ahahahahhahaah

PSS the last one I like is the one where she (CLYDE) learned to pick out her own food brand when she was 4 months old. She is a smart girl! Final pic is "YOU TALKIN TO ME?" T

The Hedgehog
01-05-2010, 09:55 PM
my daughter's best friend, and a neighbor of ours, moved to Burlington a couple months ago,,,, she's never seen snow before... she called home yesterday freezing her tush off... she had walked outside and the snow was waist deep, and called her mom here on her cell, and she asked her mom what she should do... her mom said > whatever you do don't pee in it !! cracked me up..

That Vermont is a new kind of cold. 10 degrees there was much colder than 15 below in Colorado.

Let me know if you want me to go check on the place this weekend.

CHACHI
01-06-2010, 06:01 AM
That Vermont is a new kind of cold. 10 degrees there was much colder than 15 below in Colorado.

It is a "wet" cold.

ken

CHACHI
01-06-2010, 06:02 AM
I literally thought my butt had frozen off today. I mean, I turned around and looked for it. Spring here yet?!

I saw a dog frozen to a fire hydrant on my in to work yesterday.

Ken

Cuda
01-06-2010, 07:28 AM
My dad grew up in West Virginia. He says you can't freeze a dog as long as he can get out of the wind. He says they saw snow there on June 10th one year.:eek:

MOP
01-06-2010, 08:04 AM
I saw a dog frozen to a fire hydrant on my in to work yesterday.

Ken

By a thin stream!

oledawg
01-06-2010, 08:09 AM
NC is normally fairly temperate, but it hasn't moved out of the mid-high 20's for several days here and isn't supposed to get better any time soon, in fact possible snow tomorrow. The guy that works on my Donzi 22C was out on the lake yesterday taking care of panic winterizing despite the fact that he had been warning folks for the past two months. Out of 6 boats he checked, 3 had already frozen and cracked the blocks. The others were frozen but not cracked. Maybe they will listen next time! :cool:

Cuda
01-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Umatilla, Oregon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umatilla,_Oregon

gcarter
01-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Since the weather is so cold, I've not been able to paint the inside of the hull because it has to be at least 50* for the following 24 hours.
It looks to me like the soonest I can do it will be next Tuesday!:frown:

Cuda
01-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Since the weather is so cold, I've not been able to paint the inside of the hull because it has to be at least 50* for thew following 24 hours.
My neighbor has three cars to paint. He has the same problem. It's too cold. :(

CHACHI
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
George, haul that baby up her. I have heat in the garage.

Ken

gcarter
01-06-2010, 08:06 PM
George, haul that baby up her. I have heat in the garage.

Ken

Normally my shop is very hot....about 8 months of the year

Walt. H.
01-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Since the weather is so cold, I've not been able to paint the inside of the hull because it has to be at least 50* for the following 24 hours.
George,
May I make a suggestion: don't use bilge paint, brush & roll on finishing gel-kote. Its so much nicer to the touch and easier to clean when dirty plus its more permanent lasting then paint and it air drys without the need of PVA or wax paper.

Walt

gcarter
01-07-2010, 06:15 AM
George,
May I make a suggestion: don't use bilge paint, brush & roll on finishing gel-kote. Its so much nicer to the touch and easier to clean when dirty plus its more permanent lasting then paint and it air drys without the need of PVA or wax paper.

Walt

If I do enough of these, I'll probably try everything, but this time I'm using this;
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50476&page=39

Cuda
01-07-2010, 08:52 AM
There is ice on my truck this morning. :(

mike o
01-07-2010, 09:41 AM
If I do enough of these, I'll probably try everything, but this time I'm using this;
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50476&page=39Boy Mr C ....my cup gun would be perfect for shooting that with a 2mm nozzle I bought after you sent it back. It would make short work of that job. You want me to to ship it back down with some cups? Just so you know,,, When you mix large quanties of epoxy together even with a slow hardner. It can really go crazy and almost catch on fire in about 5 mins in a quart volume or more. The west system or mas stuff anyway. So when you mix it dont dilly dally. So get it out of the pot asap. The exotherm snow balls is what happens with large volumes. It will do what 2 part foam does if it just sits long enough. It just goes crazy. I have never seen or used the stuff you want to use. But epoxy is epoxy. Too bad your not closer, I have all kinds of leftover gell here.... Id give you.:kingme:

gcarter
01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Mike, thank you for the offer, but I don't want to mask the hull. I think I'll apply it w/a roller and a pan (a pan should help keep it from kicking too quickly). Also, I'll probably do it in bits and pieces, but not all at once.
I'll probably do the hull sides from outside the hull (they're easy to reach w/the hull on dollies) and then the hull interior bottom.

mrfixxall
01-07-2010, 02:34 PM
28* in Gulf Breeze this Morning. 44* in Miami!
:shocking: :cussball:

Look at the bright side of thing! at least you don't have the white fluffy stuff flying around for 4 months out of the year :)

gcarter
01-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Look at the bright side of thing! at least you don't have the white fluffy stuff flying around for 4 months out of the year :)

No, but there's a reasonably good chance of some tonight.
No kidding! 60% chance of rain today and tonight, and it's already cold.
In fact, it's already drizzling outside!

Cuda
01-08-2010, 11:02 AM
There may be some snow in Orlando tonight. Last night wasn't as cold as the night before.

tmh
01-08-2010, 05:27 PM
The high tomorrow in Naples, FL is supposed to be 47. I can't remember it not making it to 50 in my 20 years here.
T.M. Hayes

Barry Eller
01-08-2010, 06:06 PM
32* In Gulf Breeze now 6:00 PM CST. We had snow flurries predicted for last night, but it didn't happen. Predictions for tonight are a hard freeze warning and 17* at 6:00 AM tomorrow morning. Single digit wind chill temps.

DAYYYUUMMMMM!!! This Florida Boy is COLD!!!

CHACHI
01-09-2010, 05:26 AM
Barry, 17 at 6:00 AM. It is 12.2 outside as I post this at 6:25 AM.

Welcome to Southern New England.

I your engine winterized?

Ken

gcarter
01-09-2010, 06:35 AM
32 here and the snow is just to the north of us.....about 10 miles!

Barry Eller
01-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Barry, 17 at 6:00 AM. It is 12.2 outside as I post this at 6:25 AM.

Welcome to Southern New England.

I your engine winterized?

Ken
Hey Ken, it only got to 23* and there is no water in my block. All is well. It is not going to get out of the 30's today...brrrrrr

MOP
01-09-2010, 06:50 AM
http://weather.cnn.com/weather/forecast.jsp?locCode=FL35&zipCode=34748

This report shows rain/snow in FLA.

onesubdrvr
01-09-2010, 07:08 AM
http://weather.cnn.com/weather/forecast.jsp?locCode=FL35&zipCode=34748

This report shows rain/snow in FLA.
Weather is so crappy in Florida today, that I've decided to take a flight to the Bahamas for the day,..... see you guys tomorrow ;)

Wayne

McGary911
01-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Weather is so crappy in Florida today, that I've decided to take a flight to the Bahamas for the day,..... see you guys tomorrow ;)

Wayne

There's a guy who's thinkin' :pimp::pimp::pimp:

I have a small weather station at my place. Even though the news\internet has said it's bee down to 27 or so, the lowest I've seen all week is 32.1.

The cold weather is letting me wear some winter coats I haven't worn since moving to FL 3 years back. Including my JETS jacket. I'll be at a warm TV at 4:30 today......

CHACHI
01-09-2010, 08:10 AM
With all this talk about sub-freezing temps in Florida, has anyone given any thought to their water pipes? Sill faucets for outdoor hoses?

With most of the homes on slabs, don't they run the supply lines in the attic?

A quick fix is to let the faucet drip to keep the water flowing.

A little higher water bill sure beats a frozen pipe.

Ken

Barry Eller
01-09-2010, 08:14 AM
With all this talk about sub-freezing temps in Florida, has anyone given any thought to their water pipes? Sill faucets for outdoor hoses?

Ken
My house is off-grade. My outside faucets have been dripping all week. Ice on the ground every morning, but no frozen pipes. The local TV station had a report on several business shut down because of frozen pipes and water damage.

Cuda
01-09-2010, 11:07 AM

Ken
The water bill is one of the last good bargians here. Mine was $12.23 last month.

Cuda
01-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I went to the store this morning around 10. When I turned the windsheild wipers on I could see the snow. :(

CHACHI
01-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey, has the washer fluid in the washer tank become hard?

I picked up a Honda accord form my in-laws over the holidays and Dad said he filled the washer tank. I thanked him.

By the time I got home (CT) I had no washer squiter, froze.

I guess the washer fluid down there isn't rated for below freezing temps?

Ken

Cuda
01-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I just got off the phone with a girl in Boston. She said it was 28 there. I doubt if it's much warmer here. Is Conneticit north or south of Boston.

gcarter
01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
The water bill is one of the last good bargians here. Mine was $12.23 last month.

Saturdays don't come very often, Huh? :wink:

handfulz28
01-09-2010, 12:56 PM

Under and through the slab; freezing is not a problem.

Dad said he filled the washer tank.

:D Did you ask him what he filled it with? Most people down here just use the garden hose to fill the windshield washer tank. Or he used the summer blend.

gcarter
01-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Under and through the slab; freezing is not a problem.

Yep, that's how it's done...

:D Did you ask him what he filled it with? Most people down here just use the garden hose to fill the windshield washer tank. Or he used the summer blend.

I use RO water....everything stays nice and clean.
And my garage never freezes.

Barry Eller
01-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Hey, has the washer fluid in the washer tank become hard?

I picked up a Honda accord form my in-laws over the holidays and Dad said he filled the washer tank. I thanked him.

By the time I got home (CT) I had no washer squiter, froze.

I guess the washer fluid down there isn't rated for below freezing temps?

Ken

Filling a washer tank with a non freezing solvent does not work unless you purge the washer hoses with the new solution by "Using the washers long enough to displace the freezeable water".
How do I know this? Please don't ask!:bonk:

Cuda
01-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Saturdays don't come very often, Huh? :wink:

4 or 5 times a month. :)

deejay
01-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I live not a half mile from the boat launch on 44. I'm on a canal that goes to the river. The Wekiva can be pretty shallow. Did you go up to the park there? Trish sent me a lot of pictures of river lizards there. Speaking of Trish, she called me this morning. She's flying to Ohio for a week. Her sister had a baby, and she's going to help her out.

Where do you live that it's that cold? Minnesota would be my first guess. :(

Cuda, How cool, I would think we are ~ 45 from the 44 ramp. We went ½ to a mile up the Wekiva and got real nervous so came back out. Don't know anything about a park. We are new to boating in Fl (have been in Umatilla for ~ 12 years on and off but just started boating here). Our boating experience for the last 40 years has been in Charleston. 37F at this time. Had ice in the sky this A.M. and ~ 33F.

deejay
01-09-2010, 03:41 PM
To your question about Donzi People in middle Florida, "there are lots of them, Lots & Lots of them" I cannot believe how cold it is here. Mop, I thought the same thing when it got sooooo cold, at least some of our Northern Brethren will finally be able to say (ha ha ). Sending a few pics of our Blue Shar Pei to compliment your beautiful Weimaraner. We are over on the east coast when it gets warmer. Ya'll come!!!! If you have met the man George Carter, you have met one of the very best! Tom

PS check out that 1st one. That is a little Rasberry just for you! & #2 is when I tell her, "straighten up, it's the PO PO!" # 3 & 4 is "if somebody does not come drive this silly golf cart, RIGHT NOW, then I am going to do it myself, & you do remember what happened the last time I did that! ahahahahhahaah

PSS the last one I like is the one where she (CLYDE) learned to pick out her own food brand when she was 4 months old. She is a smart girl! Final pic is "YOU TALKIN TO ME?" T

Donzi racer, thanks for the PIX of your blues and the compliment on ours. Yours are obviously real quality pooches. The facial expressions are what really get to your hart. Would look forward to an education of the waters in your area. We are new to boating in Fl (have been in Umatilla for ~ 12 years on and off but just started boating here). Our boating experience for the last 40 years has been in Charleston.

CHACHI
01-09-2010, 05:11 PM
All I can tell you was it was blue. Obviously, not the "same blue" stuff we have up north. The blue stuff up here is good for -25.

Some brands of washer fluid are good to -35.

Ken

CHACHI
01-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Is Conneticit north or south of Boston.

Joe, Connecticut is SW of Bean town.

14.2* right now.

Ken

Cuda
01-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Cuda, How cool, I would think we are ~ 45 from the 44 ramp. We went ½ to a mile up the Wekiva and got real nervous so came back out. Don't know anything about a park. We are new to boating in Fl (have been in Umatilla for ~ 12 years on and off but just started boating here). Our boating experience for the last 40 years has been in Charleston. 37F at this time. Had ice in the sky this A.M. and ~ 33F.
I have a friend, Trish, that goes up the Wekiva quite often. Lots of gators up there. You can get to the park via Hwy 46. I rode up that way on my motorcycle.

I used to live in Chaleston, SC, when my dad was stationed there twice. I started school in Mt Pleasant.

Cuda
01-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I had a Sharpei about 20 years ago. I've owned quite a few bulldogs, but that Sharpei was absolutely fearless!

donzi racer
01-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Donzi racer, thanks for the PIX of your blues and the compliment on ours. Yours are obviously real quality pooches. The facial expressions are what really get to your hart. Would look forward to an education of the waters in your area. We are new to boating in Fl (have been in Umatilla for ~ 12 years on and off but just started boating here). Our boating experience for the last 40 years has been in Charleston.

Thanks so much, we are proud of our Blue Girls. They are about the same size now. We will be tickled to show you some of the water around here. I went down to Canals going into the (okkeechobee) SP Lake in the last few months, it was great. We are on the Intercoastal and there are some nice places to run around here. Mt. Dora is great area also because there are so many lakes tied together. St Johns river is nice run also. We have been down here for around 10 years now and always look forward to January, not this year. ha ha We have a few models that need to be water tested right now so give us a ring when it warms up and we are ready. There was a run down to Capt. Hirams on the intercoastal last year that was really enjoyable also. Most of the places are on the east coast side but Florida sure does have some wonderful places to run boats. Shoot us an email at mishunaire@aol.com and we will stay in touch. Tom, Rose, & the Girls

onesubdrvr
01-09-2010, 07:34 PM
There's a guy who's thinkin' :pimp::pimp::pimp:

I have a small weather station at my place. Even though the news\internet has said it's bee down to 27 or so, the lowest I've seen all week is 32.1.

The cold weather is letting me wear some winter coats I haven't worn since moving to FL 3 years back. Including my JETS jacket. I'll be at a warm TV at 4:30 today......
When I got on the plane in Fort Lauderdale, it was mid-low 40's and rain, that was a drop from when I woke up this morning.

Got off the plane in Nassau, temp was near perfect, mid 70's very slight breeze, and sunny,...

Got on the plane in Nassau tonight, mid to upper 60's, clouds rolling in, but still comfortable

Got off the plane in Lauderdale, same as when I left, maybe a bit colder :(

Well, all in all, the day in Nassau was better than here,... except I was working :(

Wayne

donzi racer
01-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I had a Sharpei about 20 years ago. I've owned quite a few bulldogs, but that Sharpei was absolutely fearless!

Hey Cuda, hope you are well and have a great new year. I know what you are talking about on the shar peis. One of the registry members was telling me of their female shar pei that would climb a 6 foot fence and go out and hunt Coyotees. Said one night she killed 6 of them and had to have 94 stitches to sew her back up. As you can imagine, a dog fearless enough to take on 1 coyotee is something, but 6 in one evening is fearless I would say. One of our girls is scared of her shadow and the other is like, "YOU LOOKIN AT ME?" Hope to see ya this year. Tom

Ed Donnelly
01-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey George; Finally figured out the Saturday thing..:lookaroun: ..Ed

Donzi Vol
01-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Well this week I'm glad that I have a 4x4. We've gotten a fair amount of snow this week, that conveniently laid on top of ice. Needless to say, I put up the company car Thursday night and drove the Z71 the rest of the week through today. A lot of the roads were cleared by the city, but the back roads were a bit nasty, and just re-froze over night.

Hoping to warm up soon...

The Hedgehog
01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Well this week I'm glad that I have a 4x4. We gotten a fair amount of snow this week, that conveniently laid on top of ice. Needless to say, I put up the company car Thursday night and drove the Z71 the rest of the week through today. A lot of the roads were cleared by the city, but the back roads were a bit nasty, and just re-froze over night.

Hoping to warm up soon...

It sure is pretty but I am ready for the thaw.

CHACHI
01-10-2010, 06:08 AM
6.8* AT 7:07.

Joe,it is heading your way.

Ken

Cuda
01-10-2010, 06:59 AM
26 degrees here. :(

Barry Eller
01-10-2010, 07:23 AM
22* in Pensacola, 24* in Gulf Breeze. The cold, but warmer than the air, water of Pensacola Bay keeps Gulf Breeze a little warmer than the inland areas.

Cuda
01-10-2010, 08:35 AM
22* in Pensacola, 24* in Gulf Breeze. The cold, but warmer than the air, water of Pensacola Bay keeps Gulf Breeze a little warmer than the inland areas.
Yes, I'm 25 miles west of Daytona Beach, but it's still cold here. I have a friend who lives in Ocala, and it's generally 10 degrees colder there, but no farther north.

MOP
01-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Chachi beat me 12@ 7:00 now a blistering 19, have to get my shorts and tank tops out!

Cuda
01-10-2010, 12:13 PM
At 9:30 I was going to church and saw there was iced on my windsheild. I figured I would turn the hose on and spray it off. Wrong! The hose was frozen, so I got a bucket of water out of my garage to throw on the windshield. Bad move. I figured that out when the water came back and soaked my pants and shoes. I guess I didn't get the hose turned off, there was water all down my street from the hose running. :(

Ed Donnelly
01-10-2010, 12:39 PM
There goes your water bill to hell.......Ed

silverghost
01-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Someone tell Al Gore that we need, and desperately want, some "Global Warming" here in PA...
Soon!
It was 12* F here early this morning.
How can I get any fiberglass work done on my Donzi project at these low temps ?

Cuda
01-10-2010, 01:11 PM
There goes your water bill to hell.......Ed
It might go up to $15 a month. :)

The reason water bill is so cheap is that I am on septic. I paid about $80 a month in Pinellas County.

Last Tango
01-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I am amazed at the temperatures reported by everyone in Florida. Here in Jacksonville, the temps are reported at the airport which is 30 miles north of where my house is at the southern end of Jacksonville. And I'm right on the St. Johns River. We seem to be about 10 deg warmer at the coldest part of the early morning than what is reported at the airport or anywhere else for that matter.

And yet, I worry about my boat (Is the motor freezing up? Will the block crack?) sitting in its dry storage building about 20 feet off the ground in that rack. The building has about 200 other boats. Few if any seem worried about their boat motors.

After the first wave of cold last week, I pulled the boat off the rack last Thursday afternoon and opened everything up to look. No visible issues. So I set it in the water and then fired up the motor. Left it at idle for about 5 minutes to see if anything was leaking. Nope. So, since that day the temp was in the upper 50's, I put it in gear and idled away from the dock. As the water temp came up, I kept checking, but no issues. So after about 15 minutes of low idle speeds I kicked it up to planing speed for about 15 minutes, and then ran faster for about 5 minutes. Spent about 2 minutes at WOT and then back down to low cruise. After 40 minutes of boating, I headed back to the marina and put it away. No water in the bilge.

Going out again this Friday afternoon... It was very cold again this weekend, so I want to see if that hurt anything. Temp Friday will be near 70.

Tonight is supposed to be the last sub-freezing night. We have had over 10 straight days of subfreezing nights. Unheard of in Florida. Set a new record for days in a row of freezing temps at night. Daytimes are still 40 and above. These temps are 20 deg below normal for this time of year. If you love orange juice and strawberries, better find something else for a year or so.

BUIZILLA
01-11-2010, 08:41 PM
I never understand why all the local news factions report the temperatures at the airport, as a priority point...

like, who cares?

who, after all, lives at the airport... :bonk:

gcarter
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
who, after all, lives at the airport... :bonk:

Only the folks that live AROUND the airport and wish it weren't there!:nilly:

Donzi Vol
01-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Tonight is supposed to be the last sub-freezing night. We have had over 10 straight days of subfreezing nights. Unheard of in Florida. Set a new record for days in a row of freezing temps at night. Daytimes are still 40 and above. These temps are 20 deg below normal for this time of year. If you love orange juice and strawberries, better find something else for a year or so.

We're apparently breaking a similar record here in Knoxville. 9 days below freezing, I think. Glad your boat is OK!

Barry Eller
01-12-2010, 09:10 AM
We're apparently breaking a similar record here in Knoxville. 9 days below freezing, I think. Glad your boat is OK!My Mother In Law in Knoxville has been snowed in a few days and keeps calling Denise...can I come stay with you...:frown:

CHACHI
01-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Barry, if she is snowed in, how will she get down to Fla?

You could score some BIG POINTS by saying yes all the time knowing she can't get there.

Just thinking out loud.

Ken

Barry Eller
01-12-2010, 10:26 AM

You could score some BIG POINTS by saying yes all the time knowing she can't get there.

Just thinking out loud.

Ken
LOL...Ken, its too risky to even tease her...she would find a way!!!

CHACHI
01-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I am just looking out for ya man. :wink:

Ken

Donzi Vol
01-12-2010, 08:06 PM
My Mother In Law in Knoxville has been snowed in a few days and keeps calling Denise...can I come stay with you...:frown:

Yeah, it's not very pleasant up here. I've even conveniently come down with a cold of some sort. Ahhhh...ready for spring!

Just thinking out loud.

Ken

Haha...that's funny. I like the creativity!

Phil S
01-12-2010, 08:19 PM
...but the Kentucky Wildcats intend to bring a little heat with them tonight....:wink:

(I'll prolly eat my words later...:lookaroun:

Phil S
01-12-2010, 08:24 PM
...this cold does really stink though....jeeeez. I don't know how those Canadians stand it !

With kind regards Northern Friends,

Phil S. (18 frickin' degrees outside in South Carolina ):shocking:

Phil S
01-12-2010, 08:26 PM
...I have never met a "cool" Mother-in-Law"....

I'm just sayin'...

WKR,

Phil S.

gcarter
01-12-2010, 08:52 PM
This is the last freezing night here!
Yipee!
I think this makes 12 nights in a row.
Whatever the number, it's a record.
Saturday will be 76* again.

Ed Donnelly
01-13-2010, 02:16 PM