PDA

View Full Version : Is it sad that...

Donzi Vol
01-01-2010, 03:49 PM
...I get excited about simply seeing my Donzi?!

I had to run over to where I'm storing my boat today to move some furniture, so naturally I checked on the Donzi. Sure enough, she's still buttoned up nice and tight. No problems with rain or wind with the ample shed it's under and the two covers that are on it!

So all to say, is it sad that I get excited to simply SEE the Donzi...even when I can't go for a boat ride?

Ed Donnelly
01-01-2010, 10:07 PM
I go out of my way at least once a week to go by my storage unit to check on the heat, crack a Vernors and just admire my Criterion. Its a northern thing I guess..............Ed

silverghost
01-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I had a late friend who loved his MGTC vintage sports-car so much he could not part with it for the winter.
He opened-up his Dining room french doors and stored it in the Dining room all winter long.
He eventually set-up track lighting to better display the vintage MGTC.
The gas tank was drained !
The Dining table was taken-apart and put in the attic for winter storage !
His wife did not share his love for the car.
When he passed-away suddenly she immediately sold the vintage sports-car .
True Story !

The Hedgehog
01-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Going down to see the Donzi's today.

Garth said hello. We had a knock down drag out on NY eve.

Carl C
01-02-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm lucky that I can store mine in the garage. I threw a dust cover over the front but left the cokpit and engine room open to dry well. I still go out and just look at it. I guess we are all sad cases!

Donzi Vol
01-02-2010, 11:47 AM
I go out of my way at least once a week to go by my storage unit to check on the heat, crack a Vernors and just admire my Criterion. Its a northern thing I guess..............Ed

I believe it's a deal for anyone who has to put the boat up for the winter. I also had a situation with a new-to-me BMW several years back where I couldn't drive it for a while (nevermind why) and it just sat in the garage. I must have gone out there and sat with a cocola every other day!

I had a late friend who loved his MGTC vintage sports-car so much he could not part with it for the winter.
He opened-up his Dining room french doors and stored it in the Dining room all winter long.
He eventually set-up track lighting to better display the vintage MGTC.
The gas tank was drained !
The Dining table was taken-apart and put in the attic for winter storage !
His wife did not share his love for the car.
When he passed-away suddenly she immediately sold the vintage sports-car .
True Story !

Now THAT is funny! Amazing that he remained married

Going down to see the Donzi's today.

Garth said hello. We had a knock down drag out on NY eve.

Good man. Give my best to the X, ZX, Garth, and Mrs. Hedge.

As for the knock down, drag out, was this a good thing or bad thing. I'm imagining you punching Garth in the face and a big splash off the dock :eek:

I'm lucky that I can store mine in the garage. I threw a dust cover over the front but left the cokpit and engine room open to dry well. I still go out and just look at it. I guess we are all sad cases!

I would LOVE to store mine in the garage. Sadly, I have a couple available spaces, but they're both up hills that the Donzi won't go :frown:

silverghost
01-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Many other collectors seem to have the same obsession !
A friend Jim built a large custom house on a hill with a four bay eight car garage.
Jim is a big-time Brass-era car & mahogany wood runabout collector.
After the house was finished & he had the local building inspector make his final inspection he moved his "Toys" into the house.
He soon found that he had run out of storage space in the garage .
One day he had a couple of friends come over & he handed us all large sledge hammers & pry bars. Our job for the day was to remove half of the back garage to basement block wall so he could then re-locate his "Shop" into the basement.
Jim now has eight cars & boats in his garage and another six in the connected basement !
The house no longer meets fire code and the building inspector & his insurance company are none the wiser !
Jim spends much of his time in his garage/basement working on, or just looking at his old cars & boats.
The local township would not allow Jim to put-up a new garage or pole building on his propery. (Set-back laws)
He also has a barn-full of Brass-era cars & boats at his Summer Home in MD !
I guess we collectors can never have enough "Toys"

The Hedgehog
01-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Garth was all good. It was a Jager night

Donzi Vol
01-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Garth was all good. It was a Jager night

Dangerous

Bamboo Loui
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I have been in a cast for a broken ankle since the first week in November. Our house on this lake is 3 stories and i have been relagated to the lowest level since then-- during surgery our 22c had a custom cover made for it and it was winterized and put to bed in our pole barn about 100yds from the house-- my wife took me to the pole barn a couple of days after surgery to see the boat from the car with the big door open-(don't remember a thing thanks to pain killers)- have not seen the boat since--

I GET MY CAST OFF TOMORROW!!!! and I hope to get a look at all the toys and especially the donzi and its new cover when I get Back from the doctor!!! :crossfing:

Bamboo Loui
01-04-2010, 03:56 PM
OK-- so we go to the Doc, and he puts me in a RO-BO Cop leg brace for the next three weeks-- can't drive, can't walk, can't shower, can't really do anything---- :nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly: I'm goin nuts!!!!

Carl C
01-04-2010, 04:55 PM
OK-- so we go to the Doc, and he puts me in a RO-BO Cop leg brace for the next three weeks-- can't drive, can't walk, can't shower, can't really do anything---- :nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly: I'm goin nuts!!!!

Better now than in the summer. Get a bunch of movies.