PDA

View Full Version : New member with GT180

solarman
01-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Good day new board!!. I am a new member here and have a 1990 GT180 bow rider. I have googled all around and I can find very little information on it. Does any one have any links and or spots I can recieve information on this bad boy. It is new to me so hense why I am interested in any and all information.
I am from Ontario Canada and the boat will reside and moored in Lake Huron:shocking:

Donzi Vol
01-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Good day new board!!. I am a new member here and have a 1990 GT180 bow rider. I have googled all around and I can find very little information on it. Does any one have any links and or spots I can recieve information on this bad boy. It is new to me so hense why I am interested in any and all information.
I am from Ontario Canada and the boat will reside and moored in Lake Huron:shocking:

Sorry, I don't know much about your new boat, but conrats either way and welcome to the board! :boat:
-David

gcarter
01-01-2010, 03:44 PM
I think the GT180 was a bow rider style family boat built by OMC and badged a Donzi. OMC did this a lot. They built cabin cruisers, and even deck boats and called them Donzi's.
I'm sure it's a fine boat for what it was designed for.
Welcome!

Ed Donnelly
01-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the board.. Was your Donzi from Peterborough?
This is the only info I could find, but I am sure more is out there if you google.

1990 DL-180 Bow Rider
This inboard/outboard runabout is 17.92 feet long and weighs 2400 (pounds dry). This weight does not account for passengers, fuel, or gear. The beam of this craft is 88 inches.

Your fiberglass hulled boat can be kept in better condition by covering it properly when not in use. This will help to prolong its use and resale value. Proper maintenance and care (and winterization if needed) will also help maintain the usability and value of the craft. As engine life also effects the value of a boat, we have included engine information as well.

Information on this page is provided to you as a free service of iboats.com. Because this information has come from many sources we can not guarantee its accuracy. Even if this information is the same as the original factory specs, boats are sometimes modified. Thus, for safety and other reasons, it is a good idea to verify information here to make sure it matches up with your boat. For additional information, we recommend the iboats forums and a boating safety course.
Engine Information:
This boat may have come with the following or other engines :
(In the interest of safety, never exceed the manufacturer's maximum horsepower rating for your boat.)
130 hp
150 hp

.......................Ed

axelkloehn
01-02-2010, 04:32 AM
...interesting boat and welcome from me as well.

What about uploading some pics of your boat?

Cheers, Axel

mattyboy
01-02-2010, 06:45 AM
welcome,
the boat is the same as a Larson or 4 winns 18 footers. OMC was the Parent company of those two as well. OMC did this with the bigger Family boats .
the regazza,medalion,levante and GT were other OMC designs labeled Donzi.
They did make minor changes in trim and fittings, very similar to what GM was doing with chevy, pontiac,buick and olds at the time.

the sportdecks were not OMC era Donzi but were AMH era.

manuals for the power / drive can be found online

solarman
01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks to all for your responses. It is from the Peterbough area.

joel3078
01-05-2010, 07:38 AM
File attached is from the 1990 Portfolio brochure.
Enjoy - JE

solarman
01-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Joel that is a great ad slick I have saved it for my new Donzi files:kingme:

joel3078
01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I had a 1990 Donzi Black Widow 24' a couple years ago. Great boats and tons of fun. Enjoy your new Donzi!