PDA

View Full Version : In with the new....

Phil S
12-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Happy New Year !!!

We became Grandparents today ! A bouncin' baby boy. He will be boating in no time ! ;)

Great way to ring in the New Year !

With kind regards,

Phil S

McGary911
01-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Pretty cool Phil. Congrats on the grandson. Is that grandkid #1, or have you been a member of that club for a bit?

Phil S
01-01-2010, 09:04 PM
That would be number 1 for us....which makes us both excited, and feel a bit old as well (relatively speaking). My Wife and I are both from previous marriages, and our new Grandson is from her Son and his new Bride. They are just starting out, and a bit young (again, relatively speaking, he's 23, she's 21), but they are great together and are both working hard to make it all work for them.

Technically-speaking, I am a step-Grandpa.....at age 45 or 46 or whatever the heck number I am, it still made me feel kinda old thinking of myself as a Grandpa.....until I got to hold him today. Then it no longer mattered ! I guess we all get or feel "old" sooner or later. But actually, I felt 20 years younger when I first got to hold the little fella. :)

Thoughts of my Grandpa's old HO train-sets that I need to re-build, Red-Rider BB-Guns, Radio-Flyer Wagons, balsa-wood gliders, homemade sling-shots, Zebco fishin' poles, etc., come to mind....

Methinks getting a little older for me will be very fun.....

With kind regards,

Phil S

Donzi Vol
01-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Congrats, Phil! My parents became grandparents about 9 months ago and are still just tickled to death. (not mine, btw)

Happy new year to all!

CHACHI
01-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Phil, congrats on being a Grand Pa.

That being said, how do you like sleeping with a Grandmother? :wink::wink::wink:

Just to let you know, there is no stronger grip in the world than that little guy grabbing your finger.

All the best.

Ken

MOP
01-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Nothing in the world like a "Grand Ma" they just fall instantly in love and charge, nothing will get passed a Grand Ma!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have four of the little critters!

Just Say N20
01-02-2010, 11:31 PM
My Wife and I are both from previous marriages,

Technically, aren't we all from previous marriages? Those of our parents. :lol9:

No, really, I know what you mean, it just struck me as funny when I read it.

Congratulations!

Phil S
01-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Thank you all]for the kind replies...
It's a wonderful club to be in...and his little grip is just as you described....
Thanks again,
With kind regards,
Phil S.

Phil S
01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
...."Grandma" likes Mark Martin.......what's up with that ???
It's all good.
:yes: