PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher's Back

Ed Donnelly
12-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Michael is coming out of retirement. He will be driving for Mercedes with Nico Rosberg in 2010.... I really thought it would take him less than 3 years to come back, but, I guess it took him that long to figure out who to sign with to get his 8th title.................Ed

gcarter
12-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Michael is coming out of retirement. He will be driving for Mercedes with Nico Rosberg in 2010.... I really thought it would take him less than 3 years to come back, but, I guess it took him that long to figure out who to sign with to get his 8th title.................Ed

If he hasn't turned into a Michael Jordan.:wink:

Phil S
12-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Waaay Cool !
:yes:

zelatore
12-24-2009, 06:55 PM
If he hasn't turned into a Michael Jordan.:wink:

Exactly.

I expect him to be good, probably get on the podium. MAYBE win. But not a championship, at least not this year.

Still, any team that puts Schumaker and Ross Brawn together will be a force to contend with.

One thing I would bet on, he'll put Nico in the weeds from day 1!

Not my favorite driver, but I'm looking for big things from Fernando/Ferrari for '10. Fred is probably the best driver in the field at the moment, and although Ferrari had an off year in '09, they really took it as a rebuilding year. I believe once they realized there was no hope for either championship in '09 they wrote it off and began development of the '10 car.

Now if I had my choice, I'd like to see Vettle and RedBull take it next year. The kid's got the talent, but I don't know if the team can win a championship. I'm actually surprised he didn't jump ship to one of the major guys like Ferrari or McLaren for '10 in hopes of getting a championship winning ride.

Any way you look at it, it should be a good year with a lot of fast teams.

McLaren/Hamilton (and maybe Button)
Mercedes/Schumaker (if they get the team screwed together in time)
RedBull/Vettle
Ferrari/Alonso & Massa (both of them are fast, but I expect the real fireworks will be between the two to see who get's #1 driver status)

Any of these guys could challenge for the title if things break their way.

silverghost
12-24-2009, 07:31 PM
I would guess Mercedes Benz made him an offer he couldn't refuse ! ;)

zelatore
12-24-2009, 11:32 PM
I would guess Mercedes Benz made him an offer he couldn't refuse ! ;)

I'm sure the money's good, but more than that I think it was a chance to work with Ross Brawn again, combined with the fact that he worked with Mercedes in his early career so he has some history with them.

But yeah, I'm sure the money's good. I wouldn't even be surprised to hear Bernie put up some of the money just to get him back in the sport. F1 needs some good publicity after the last couple year's political BS, and Schumaker coming back is just the sort of thing that will drive ratings up.

handfulz28
12-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Reportedly $10Million...but he'll probably make $100Million in merchandise...