PDA

View Full Version : Close up Accident!

MOP
12-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Last night I saw up close one of the worst in person accidents I have ever seen, I was riding with Mike coming back from up island. We were in the third lane doing about 10mph waiting to get into the HOV lane, I happened to look at the cars flying by at about 65-70 next to us that were already in the HOV, a red SUV went by and caught my eye. As I watched it pass it took a sudden hard right and hit another SUV two cars ahead of us, it was surreal the hit was so hard both SUV's jumped up a couple of feet. The one from the HOV lane flipped side ways then onto its roof and skidded about 75-100 feet in a shower of sparks, it was hit by the guy behind him as it was rolling onto its roof. Luckily we stopped before all the debris, the front wheel and A frame along with the spring were laying in the road in front of us. I looked a the gut that got hit first the whole left corner was caved and the wheel pushed part way into the left rear door, he being a 4X4 was able to power off the road out of the way. We managed to get around and away as people were looking into the flipped one to check on the people. Like I said the absolute worst in person hit I have seen and only was two cars from hitting us!!

Phil

Donzi Vol
12-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Wow. Hope everyone is ok, and awfully glad that you weren't involved!

Walt. H.
12-24-2009, 12:26 AM
What kinda evil eye look did you give that guy Phil to make him hook a r/hander like that?:shocking:
You could make a million fixing horse races and no one would know.

thehow33
12-24-2009, 12:42 AM
did anyone stop to help them?

MOP
12-24-2009, 06:56 AM
did anyone stop to help them?

They were mobbed before we could get around the debris, you missed the last few lines in the post.

CHACHI
12-24-2009, 07:15 AM
Phil, I am glad you and Mike came away unscathed.

I also hope no one was hurt in the accident.

We never know, do we?

Ken

MOP
12-24-2009, 08:01 AM
You have to wonder just how quickly an air bag can deploy, a massive split second hit like this makes me think!