PDA

View Full Version : The morning after!

MOP
12-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Well 3-1/2 hours of show blowing got my 20X40 driveway cleaned out, biggest problem was getting rid of the snow. Was twice as hard blowing it a second time as it got packed, just seemed like I could not blow it far enough. Darn snow blower started to crap out had to run on 1/2 choke for about the last 1/3, just had the carb off two weeks back was clean as a whistle will have to check the fuel line alky may have gotten it. All in all we got about 26" way more then I care to deal with!

BUIZILLA
12-20-2009, 11:09 AM
your supposed to aim the blower AWAY from the Audi...

Just Say N20
12-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Now THAT is a snow storm like I remember as a kid. Here in Michigan, they seem to close the schools at the slightest chance there MIGHT be a storm.

I grew up in Rochester, NY, and I remember one time they closed the schools for 3 days because we got over 3' of snow in one night. Everything else was just what you expected (and dealt with) as "winter."

Walt. H.
12-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I sure hope you're rejoicing now that your H/D work is done for the day with about three fingers of scotch in a rock glass with a splash of sour mix..:)

Ghost
12-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Here's a shot of the creek, and the ruler we used for depth. By late Saturday night, the ruler was completely buried.

Cuda
12-20-2009, 02:34 PM
your supposed to aim the blower AWAY from the Audi...
You are supposed to live where it doesn't snow.

MOP
12-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Just woke after my show blower nap 3:00 still now plows!! Can't go any place, they declared an emergency and ordered all cars off the road. Makes you wonder who was able to get going in two feet of snow. I have a fairly busy secondary road next block over behind my house that is usually very busy, have not seen any traffic yet. Called my buddy in the highway dept says it may be tomorrow before they plow many roads including ours. Oh well onto bigger and better things, need to figure out how to get a movie to play Bonnie is bored ans tired!

Marlin275
12-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I park my cars near the road end
of the driveway
then you don't have to shovel or blow as much

BUIZILLA
12-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Here's a shot of the creek, and the ruler we used for depth. By late Saturday night, the ruler was completely buried. is that a boat at a dock across the creek?

Ghost
12-20-2009, 03:07 PM
is that a boat at a dock across the creek?

Sure is.

silverghost
12-20-2009, 11:03 PM
We got slammed here in Philly
23.3 " of snow.
Second biggest one day snowfall on record.
All afternoon digging-out with the snowthrower & shovel.

Tell Al Gore to bring-on the
"Global Warming" !
I wish it was 80* and sunny !
What am I doing living here in PA?

vrod02
12-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I was expecting a "pill" post from fogdog! :shocking:

Cuda
12-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Just woke after my show blower nap 3:00 still now plows!! Can't go any place, they declared an emergency and ordered all cars off the road. Makes you wonder who was able to get going in two feet of snow. I have a fairly busy secondary road next block over behind my house that is usually very busy, have not seen any traffic yet. Called my buddy in the highway dept says it may be tomorrow before they plow many roads including ours. Oh well onto bigger and better things, need to figure out how to get a movie to play Bonnie is bored ans tired!
Read my post above this one.