PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Snow report!

MOP
12-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Put the snow blower back in the garage about two hours ago, had 10" then! Looking out we got another 4-5", may be some deep by morning!

Morning report to follow!

M.O.P.

McGary911
12-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah, looks like it's getting crazy. Dad sent me a few pics, this one is his back deck. He's in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ....The Jersey Shore.....and not that stupid TV show.

Good luck up there folks.

Ghost
12-20-2009, 12:02 AM
19 inches here.

Walt. H.
12-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Nothing yet in the Mid Hudson Valley region of NY, its currently 1:10am, but I sure hope when I wake up in the morning my wife and I are not looking at anything more then a few inches. Hah ha hah!
I'm German Irish you know...:bonk::crossfing:

I already had enough last week that turned into heavy freezing rain afterwards Ugh..

silverghost
12-20-2009, 12:13 AM
19" and still counting here just NW of Philly !
On our way to a new record~
Just think Global Warming !
Bring it on !

Walt. H.
12-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Weather up date:
I spoke to soon, its now 1:27am the wind just started howling and the snow is aflying........:frown:

CHACHI
12-20-2009, 07:40 AM
TWO INCHES..............MAYBE THREE.

Very disapointed, was hoping for a big snow fall.

I WAS ready dang it!

SE Connecticut upwards of 2 feet.

Ken

McGary911
12-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Haven't gotten any more updates from dad (or mom for that matter, both live in PPB), but dug up a couple of webcams.

Here's one in Point Pleasant Beach. You can control this one, so pan it around to see the boardwalk. You can see a couple of palm trees covered in snow too.

http://www.nj.com/shore/pointpleasantcam/

Here's one on the beach in Belmar, NJ, about a block or 3 from where I used to live:

http://www.belmarcam.com/closeup2.html

Good luck digging out everybody......

hardcrab
12-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Got 20" total , over a 24 hour period.

I'm heading out now to start the shoveling process. The county plows usually save the strip of road in front of my house for last, Tues. or Wed judging by past performance.

There have been cases when the plows never did show up !

mike o
12-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Nut-in..........:frown:

Walt. H.
12-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Sunday noon time up date:
Surprised we only got a dusting, I used a kitchen broom to clean off the important areas around the house - garage/shop and walkways, I could have used a leafblower instead it was that dry & lite.

Its funny how most people think upstate NY gets hit with more snow everytime then the city. :rofl:

Just Say N20
12-20-2009, 03:42 PM

I WAS ready dang it!

Ken

That's a nice blower package, but how do you get away without chains?

Not as nice, but works great. 44" two stage blower on a Sears lawn tractor (16.5 hp Kohler engine). This is the third season with it.

MOP
12-20-2009, 03:48 PM
[quote=Just Say N20;551257]That's a nice blower package, but how do you get away without chains?

Silly that is why it is safe and sound in the garage:shocking::shocking::shocking:

Walt. H.
12-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Bill,
Maybe because Ken has a cast iron chassis and a bigger butt for better traction?:drive::rofl:

MOP
12-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Nah the real truth is his driveway is down hill so one good pass and he is home free! Honest that is the whole truth been there seen that:nilly:

Just Say N20
12-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Walt, that is just WRONG!

Where's that mental DELETE button!?!

silverghost
12-20-2009, 10:45 PM
We just got slammed with 23.3" here in the Philly area.
Second highest snowfall on record !
Busy all afternoon with the snowthrower and shovel.

If anyone wants any free snow for a "White Christmas" just show up with your truck.
You can have all you want~

If Al Gore is listening~
Bring on the "Global Warmng~
I'm tired of the cold & snow !

Donzi Vol
12-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah, looks like it's getting crazy. Dad sent me a few pics, this one is his back deck. He's in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ....The Jersey Shore.....and not that stupid TV show.

Good luck up there folks.

How did he get the snow to lay like that?!:wink:

Cuda
12-21-2009, 01:42 AM

I WAS ready dang it!

Ken
Move farther north, and fulfill all your fantasies. :(

CHACHI
12-21-2009, 05:53 AM
That's a nice blower package, but how do you get away without chains?

Not as nice, but works great. 44" two stage blower on a Sears lawn tractor (16.5 hp Kohler engine). This is the third season with it.

Thanks

What you don't see in the photo is the weight box and it is 4WD.

Mop is correct, my driveway is down hill, but I do have to get back up.

When I bought the tractor, they wanted to sell me chains but I refused.

In six years of blowing snow, I have never not made it up my driveway.

Ken

MOP
12-21-2009, 06:21 AM
I bet you are still buried like us!!

Got up road still not plowed so I called the highway dept! They said most of the work they did yesterday was filled back in and drifted real bad due to the winds last night. They were trying to hire outside contractors but they could not find any, apparently it is bad over the entire east end. Another glorious day of with my sweetie !!!!!!!!!!! Might just dig out my truck toady after I get the snow blower running good again!!

MOP
12-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Could not resist just called Chachi he is at work toiling away! His tractor did not even breath hard luck dud only got 3 inches where is the justice! From what I can see on the news our area was the hardest hit, even the trains are not running die to drifting. The last about 35 miles of Long Island is in a state of emergency, it is still blowing like crazy so who knows when things will get moving again!

gcarter
12-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Bill,
Maybe because Ken has a cast iron chassis and a bigger butt for better traction?:drive::rofl:

I really didn't need to see that this morning!:boggled::puke:

Just Say N20
12-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks

What you don't see in the photo is the weight box and it is 4WD.

Mop is correct, my driveway is down hill, but I do have to get back up.

When I bought the tractor, they wanted to sell me chains but I refused.

In six years of blowing snow, I have never not made it up my driveway.

Ken

Ahh. . . . .

4 wheel drive. Now I understand. :yes:

MOP
12-21-2009, 10:29 AM
The Audi conquered the un plowed road, some 4X4 trucks made it part way through before backing out. Luckily they got as far as my house, I could not resist testing our new ice/snow tires. The audi took the snow in stride better then any other snow tire I have ever owned. I manage to get my two wheel Sub out as I had parked it by our front berm and it was not nearly as deep there, I am glad I did not remove the 300lbs of bird seed in the back I am sure it helped. Road is still not plowed!!!!

Walt. H.
12-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Sorry George,
I hope this'll make you feel better?:yes:

silverghost
12-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Here is my "Benchseat 18" project with two day old snow sitting on top in my back yard.
I was just about to drag this project around & into my garage to pop-off the deck and begin her restoration.
This snow will slow me up a bit!

zelatore
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Uh, huh. And all you guys over on the 'happy place to live' thread making fun of California....how ya feelin' now? :wink:

I kinda miss the snow. Maybe I'll drive up to the mountains and play in it for a while.:wink:

Ghost
12-21-2009, 02:48 PM
I am moved to expand on it slightly.

FIND THE RED BOAT CLEVERLY HIDDEN IN THIS PICTURE:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52809&d=1261416718

Bamboo Loui
12-21-2009, 03:13 PM
sure hope she keeps that hair tucked tight at speed!!!

Walt. H.
12-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Ghost thats not my boat just one of my many fantasies, and check out the regi on the boat i'm on the other coast in NY with two slower boats parked for the winter..

Cuda
12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
sure hope she keeps that hair tucked tight at speed!!!
The speed is just right. :)

Cuda
12-21-2009, 04:00 PM
George, when you get finished shoveling sunshine out of your driveway, will you come and do mine?

Ghost
12-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Ghost thats not my boat just one of my many fantasies, and check out the regi on the boat i'm on the other coast in NY with two slower boats parked for the winter..

LOL, I wasn't thinking it was your boat, just that the spirit of the post was dead on.

That said, if it were your boat, I'd call it even better work... :)

MOP
12-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Sorry George,
I hope this'll make you feel better?:yes:

Walt you can hurt yourself just thinking about stuff like that:shocking::shocking::nilly:

Walt. H.
12-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh' Phil, I bet i'd enjoy every minute of the agony just thinking about what the hurt might be like.
Thanks Ghost I just wanted to make sure you weren't giving me credit for something I didn't do.
She kinda makes ya think about the Beach Boys song "California Girls" the way they covered every type across this country, I was partial to the part "east coast girl will keep ya warm at night".:yes::bighug: