PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical 4.3....

Phil S
12-18-2009, 01:15 AM
....producing a reliable 330 hp requires:

Main:
Compression:
Lift:
Duration:
Carburetion / Flow (CFM):
Timing:

....emphasis on "hypothetical"....not all of my "fun-tickets" end up devoted to boats or boating.. :(

Would love to hear your thoughts though....a 4.3 with some punch so to speak...

Phil S.

MOP
12-18-2009, 07:48 AM
I can see Jim getting all over this, he has been waiting for someone to build a hyper 6. I was 6 cylinder addict for quite a few years running in the E gas class, there is a certain pride in dumping on 8's. Though it did not last for to long when speed parts started to show up for the SB Chevies!

BUIZILLA
12-18-2009, 08:06 AM
do a search on previous topics and posts... :lookaroun:

Ghost
12-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Quick question on this front. Seems like the weight savings on a 6 just isn't that much, meaning there if far less difference from 6-to-smallblock8 than from smallblock8-to-bigblock8, right?

So, is the appeal of a "hyper 6" simply that the top end power (maybe 330HP) is about right for say, a high perf 16, and dropping to a 6 saves a little bit of weight?

Similarly, would there be much reason to consider twin hyper-6s instead of twin smallblocks in many applications? Doesn't seem like it saves much on weight to me, but a little bit. (For layout and ease of maintenance, twin hyper-inline-6 motors, at 280-220 HP apiece sounds like it would have been useful.)

Mike