PDA

View Full Version : Boat Transportation

inlander
12-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Any suggestions on how to get my 1999 Classic 16 (listed on Donzi Registry site 3/09), which I purchased over the weekend, from Fayetteville, Arkansas to California? More than likely, I'll tow it myself in the spring, but would like to check on my options. Checked into UShip, but was uncomfortable with how their web site operates. All wanted to "tow and go". I would prefer an enclosed unit or car/boat carrier. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BUIZILLA
12-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Call Jeff... 909.816.1101

ask him if Mark is available, if your not in a major hurry, i'm 100% positive they can get it done

Jim

Greg Guimond
12-17-2009, 11:15 PM
I may have something coming back from CA so keep the info flowing

inlander
12-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Any suggestions on how to get my 1999 Classic 16 (listed on Donzi Registry site 3/09), which I purchased over the weekend, from Fayetteville, Arkansas to California? More than likely, I'll tow it myself in the spring, but would like to check on my options. Checked into UShip, but was uncomfortable with how their web site operates. All wanted to "tow and go". I would prefer an enclosed unit or car/boat carrier. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info. Will call tomorrow.:bonk:

Boatnuts
12-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Try this site. I have used it twice and been very pleased.
http://www.uship.com/

Ghost
12-18-2009, 03:35 PM
I know a good one to avoid. $9000+ in damages between Rhode Island and Maryland, a rough first day of ownership. :)

CHACHI
12-19-2009, 07:06 AM
I know a good one to avoid. $9000+ in damages between Rhode Island and Maryland, a rough first day of ownership. :)
Did they forget the trailer and just hook a line to bow eye and just drag it?

Ken

zelatore
12-19-2009, 12:50 PM
When I had my boat transported from the east coast to CA, I went with Uship and had no problems. I've used them since to send a bike back to my brother in Indiana. Yes, it can be a little sketchy since you don't know who's bidding the job, but you can do some research and feel reasonably comfortable with your choice. It's certainly no worse than buying things on ebay.

Ghost
12-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Did they forget the trailer and just hook a line to bow eye and just drag it?

Ken

LOL, thankfully no, but they completely destroyed the fixed hardtop...

zelatore
12-19-2009, 10:24 PM
LOL, thankfully no, but they completely destroyed the fixed hardtop...

Ouch. About 10 years ago we had something similar happen. A new Viking V50 express was being hauled to our Oakland office when the driver took a detour. Seems the arch didn't fit under the overpass he went under. I don't recall the total $$ for the damage, but it was pretty crazy. $30K maybe?