PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Surveyor around Titusville, FL

pokster
12-15-2009, 08:47 PM
I am looking at a boat in FL and need a good trustworthy surveyor to look at a Classic for me. I want to make sure what I am buying and driving 20 hours for is worth it. If anyone knows of a good one please email me at cpok@charter.net

MOP
12-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Go up onto the NAMS or SAMS site you will find one pretty quick.

Phil

http://www.marinesurvey.org/

http://www.marinebidexchange.com/framesnams.htm

If you run into trouble due to boat size PM me I can call some other brokers from down there for a reco!

VetteLT193
12-16-2009, 08:41 AM
I am looking at a boat in FL and need a good trustworthy surveyor to look at a Classic for me. I want to make sure what I am buying and driving 20 hours for is worth it. If anyone knows of a good one please email me at cpok@charter.net

Do you mind us asking what you are looking at? I'm guessing it's from a guy named Tom?

pokster
12-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Yes how did you know:wink: I am looking at 96 that he has for my husband. I am the one who post the looking for boat for husband and Tom contacted me. I need to get a survery for my insurance company. I am trying to get it done quickly so that I can have a big bow on it for my husband. Do you know TOM? IF you do is does he have good boats and tells it like it is?

BUIZILLA
12-16-2009, 09:23 AM
being as your so far away, it's smart you get a second opinion from experts in the field...

Last Real Texan here on the board used a real good guy not far from there, I would PM or email him for the name. I was impressed with the guys work.

pokster
12-16-2009, 09:43 AM
THanks I will do that. I had a bad experience with on in GA and don't want that again. WHen I went to pick up the boat it did not look like pictures. Long story short he sided with the Marina and did not help me at all. We then found out that they took it out twice before I came down to pick it up. In the process wrecked the depth finder and put scraches in the bottom from beaching it.

BUIZILLA
12-16-2009, 09:47 AM
if it's not too much to ask, what are you looking at and maybe another member here would know more about it, never hurts to ask too many questions... if you would rather PM me in private, that would be fine as well...

VetteLT193
12-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Yes how did you know:wink: I am looking at 96 that he has for my husband. I am the one who post the looking for boat for husband and Tom contacted me. I need to get a survery for my insurance company. I am trying to get it done quickly so that I can have a big bow on it for my husband. Do you know TOM? IF you do is does he have good boats and tells it like it is?

Yes I know Tom. Good guy, ask him a lot of questions he'll talk your ear off.

When you find a surveyor ask them questions too... make sure they do a lot of smaller boats. IMO there are a lot of great surveyors that specialize in certain areas... I'd rather not have a guy who specializes in big Sporfishing boats to do a Donzi for me. I'm not saying that's how Tex's guy is, just what I've experienced in the past.

Donzi Vol
12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I bought one from Tom and it was alright. :lookaroun:

Haha...sorry guys, couldn't resist (a little inside joke, pokster).

I'd tell you you're good to go, but it never hurts to get a second glance when you're buying something far away, just to make sure it's everything you want. Anybody on here close to Titusville would be more than happy to take a look for you. If you'd rather hire a surveyor, I would definitely follow Vette's advice and get someone who knows performance boats.

Good luck!
-David

BUIZILLA
12-16-2009, 08:17 PM
pokster...

get ahold of Ed Cozzi in Ft Lauderdale

pokster
12-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks I will give him a call, I just talked to one other that was a referal from a very good surveryor in MI who deals only in performance boats. I should post his name and number as he saved me from one this summer that had hidden damage.

pokster
12-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Forgot the HaHa...

Hey as long as it is a good solid boat that is all the ha ha I need.