PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Atlanta...north side

Tony
12-13-2009, 09:10 PM
My son has an internship with Printpack, Inc., 2800 Overlook Parkway NE, 30339. The location is just below where I-285 and I-75 intersect. It's just west of a little town called Vinings. He's looking at apartments within a 5 mile radiius, most of them east of the plant.

Anybody familiar with this neck of the woods? I'd like to re-assure my wife that the area he is looking at is safe and somewhat normal. She's been a bit freaked out ever since watching the Discovery Channel's episode of Gangland highlighting Atlanta's various gang chapters!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

:beer:

The Hedgehog
12-13-2009, 10:39 PM
My son has an internship with Printpack, Inc., 2800 Overlook Parkway NE, 30339. The location is just below where I-285 and I-75 intersect. It's just west of a little town called Vinings. He's looking at apartments within a 5 mile radiius, most of them east of the plant.

Anybody familiar with this neck of the woods? I'd like to re-assure my wife that the area he is looking at is safe and somewhat normal. She's been a bit freaked out ever since watching the Discovery Channel's episode of Gangland highlighting Atlanta's various gang chapters!

Vinings is nice.

zelatore
12-14-2009, 05:12 PM
North side? Well hey, that means it's not too far from Road Atlanta, so it can't be all bad!

gcarter
12-15-2009, 03:58 PM
It's typically Conservative.........:wink:

Tony
12-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Good one, George. :shades:

Funny thing is, last summer my son had an internship at Amway World Headquarters based in Ada, MI. One of their founders, Dick DeVos, was a republican gubernatorial candidate a few years back. I just told Tyler to stay away from the water cooler!

dfunde01
12-18-2009, 12:46 PM

Nice area. East of the plant is the best idea. The problem areas around Atlanta are localized and he will pick up quickly where they are. It is located in the NW quadrant of Atlanta. With light traffic about an hours drive to Road Atlanta. Vinings is an upscale area.

dfunde01
12-18-2009, 01:00 PM
It's typically Conservative.........:wink:
Nah. Vinings is center-left. Upper middle class folks with a bit of guilt about how well off they are.

Tony
12-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the input.

We've snagged an apartment in a complex called the Village at Lake Park, located between Windy Hill Rd. and Spring Rd., just east of Cobb Parkway. It's a gated community, with a lot of amenities, and is just a 4 mile car drive or a 3 mile bike ride to his place of work.

He's bringing his tennis racket, a longboard (skateboard), an assortment of frisbees, and a variety of musical instruments. My guess is that he'll manage just fine...