PDA

View Full Version : I need some help...

gcarter
12-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Does someone have a set of Helicoil tools they could lend me?
I have two 3/8-16 UNC female threads in the copper water insert in my intake manifold that were over torqued and stretched. I'd gladly pay shipping, and for the inserts themselves if you have them.
Otherwise I could buy the inserts locally.

BUIZILLA
12-04-2009, 11:50 AM
when you buy the helicoil kit from NAPA it comes with the plastic inserter tool and the drill bit.

gcarter
12-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks Jim.
That' sounds like the answer!

Conquistador_del_mar
12-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Does someone have a set of Helicoil tools they could lend me?
I have two 3/8-16 UNC female threads in the copper water insert in my intake manifold that were over torqued and stretched. I'd gladly pay shipping, and for the inserts themselves if you have them.
Otherwise I could buy the inserts locally.

when you buy the helicoil kit from NAPA it comes with the plastic inserter tool and the drill bit.

I could send them to you, George, but by the time you paid the shipping both ways you could have just bought a kit locally. A full kit comes with the inserts, inserter, drill bit, and the special tap. You can usually buy the kit without the drill bit, though. Bill

McGary911
12-05-2009, 09:19 AM
George, an alternative to a Helicoil is a timesert. Supposed to make for a much stronger repair. Just another option.

http://www.timesert.com/

mrfixxall
12-05-2009, 09:48 AM
George,after drilling and when tapping don go so deep with the tap, only go as deep as the helicoil..if you tap all the way through the helicoil will thread out the bottom..