PDA

View Full Version : Jax Air show 2009.

McGary911
11-22-2009, 12:52 PM
A couple weekends back, we had the Jacksonville Sea and Sky spectacular here in JAX. Every other year, they have it at the beach. We got a decent spot in the sand and enjoyed the planes. It's always a good time.

http://www.coj.net/Departments/Recreation+and+Community+Services/Special+Events/Sea+and+Sky+Spectacular/default.htm

Here's a few pics I snapped. Considering how hard it is to take pics of these things when they're moving so fast or so far away, I think some turned out OK. Enjoy. :shades:

McGary911
11-22-2009, 12:54 PM
A few more.

Next year they'll have it at the Naval Air Station across the river from me. They'll be able to have a bunch of static displays there, which is cool. I still like the beach. :starfish::lifeprese::starfish::cool!:

Ghost
11-22-2009, 12:59 PM
A few more.

Next year they'll have it at the Naval Air Station across the river from me. They'll be able to have a bunch of static displays there, which is cool. I still like the beach. :starfish::lifeprese::starfish::cool!:

Is that a Sabre?! I would not have guessed any still flew. How cool is that?

McGary911
11-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Is that a Sabre?! I would not have guessed any still flew. How cool is that?

Sure is. The pilot wasn't taking it easy either. Here's a couple more of that one. One with an F-16 and an A-10, which was the heritage fly by (very cool). And one with a Coastie ship in the background, just to keep it boating related. :lifeprese:

Cuda
11-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I did a job between the two gates to Jax NAS.

Barry Eller
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
It was announced at the Blue Angels Homecoming Show here in Pensacola, (the Blue Angels home) that this was the last time they would be doing the JATO (jet assisted take off) demonstration with Fat Albert. That will be missed. The reason they gave was due to the JATO rockets are no longer in production and the only supply left of them are for rescue mission use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLFB7q8tyd8

wrussellw
11-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Barry,
Were you at the Homecoming show? I was at our place in Perdido and watched the fireworks show from the balcony. That is an unbelievable fireworks show.

Barry Eller
11-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Barry,
Were you at the Homecoming show? I was at our place in Perdido and watched the fireworks show from the balcony. That is an unbelievable fireworks show.
I went to Friday's full practice show. It's much less crowded. I have seen the "Night" shows before...afterburners lit up at night is something else.

Cuda
11-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Back when I was in high school, the Blue Angels were flying at the MacDil Airshow. I didn't know they were there, and it scared the crap out of me when they flew over.