PDA

View Full Version : N.E events

daved
11-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Are there any Donzi events in the New England area scheduled for next summer. I know it's early but it looks to me that a lot of events are scheduled way in advance. I trailer to winnipesaukee, winnisquam or Sabago.
Thanks,
Dave
22c

Tidbart
11-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Winnie Poker Run, end of July?? Only one in NE. You must go.

Lake George NY has 2 events, one in the Spring and one in the Fall.

Someone can give you exact dates.

Bob

CHACHI
11-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Where are you located in New England?

Ken

daved
11-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Ken,
I live in Haverhill,Ma. but have no problem trailering for a few hours to get to a good spot.
Dave

LeadSledMerc
11-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Ken,
I live in Haverhill,Ma. but have no problem trailering for a few hours to get to a good spot.
Dave
Hey Dave,
I'm over here in Rochester, and there's a few of us around this area that hook up to hit the lakes. We'll have to stay in touch when the weather comes back to us.
Keith

DONZI
11-19-2009, 05:54 AM
I am in Bridgewater Ma. also Dave.

Book the N.Y. Lake George Dust Off ,you wont regret meeting everyone and having a great time ! It's not a bad drive at all.

We will all have to get together this Spring and do a run together local also !:yes:

Kenny Lessard

daved
11-19-2009, 06:13 AM
Guys,
looking forward to a few runs next season.
I will keep in touch.
Thanks,Dave

bronco
11-19-2009, 07:13 PM
this will be first year out with the 22c. i live in nashua area. I plan on the dust off and the winni run for sure. it will be a long winter to wait.:bonk:

mike o
11-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Im on Squam lake, just above winni 7-6 miles. There is a boat ramp 75 ' from my driveway and ya-all can park in my yard. Ill go any where..... any time. One of my fav's is the charles river using the newton ramp out to the harbor thru the locks..........:yes:

Zinger
11-23-2009, 06:30 PM
LAKE GEORGE Forget the rest

LeadSledMerc
11-25-2009, 06:52 AM
LAKE GEORGE Forget the rest
Lake George yes, but DON'T forget the rest...go to all of them! :yes:

Besides, Lake George is a long drive for us to hit every weekend!:wink:

Tom Davis
12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
I live in Hollis , NH right on the Mass border next to Nashua.

The two lake George events are a must as well as the lake winni poker run! No question: great runs, and great people. I have been greatful for the many Donzi friends I have made over the years that I have met a various events across the country.

Welcome and I hope to see you this summer!

mike o
12-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I live in Hollis , NH right on the Mass border next to Nashua.

The two lake George events are a must as well as the lake winni poker run! No question: great runs, and great people. I have been greatful for the many Donzi friends I have made over the years that I have met a various events across the country.

Welcome and I hope to see you this summer!Hey..... Id like to catch ya on the stage some where this winter. Let me know where ya playing .......:kingme:, M

HIGH LIFE
01-18-2010, 07:27 PM
daved, You can also attend the SEBEGO LAKE POKER RUN on July 17. I'm in Hingham have a 16 DONZI O/B....."HIGH LIFE"

Tom Davis
01-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Maybe we should take a new england contingent of Donzi's up for this run???

Sebago is a cool lake. My brother lives in Maine and I took my 16 up their for a weekend and had a great time. I know Dick and Cindy Weaver can give us the low down.

I feel a plan in the making...

daved
01-19-2010, 08:00 AM
The July 17th event on Sebago sounds good. I have never been on that lake but have always wanted to try. Will more info be available for this event when the time gets closer? Thanks, Dave

mike o
01-19-2010, 10:35 AM
The July 17th event on Sebago sounds good. I have never been on that lake but have always wanted to try. Will more info be available for this event when the time gets closer? Thanks, DaveWent last yr on Saturday but it was postponed cause of rain till Sunday. But the sun came out around 12 noon and we put in with others. Some serious offshore boats show up and run cause no speed limit or noise laws so there's some big hp running. After party with a great band,:kingme: so plan on staying over...:kingme:.

LeadSledMerc
01-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe we should take a new england contingent of Donzi's up for this run???

Sebago is a cool lake. My brother lives in Maine and I took my 16 up their for a weekend and had a great time. I know Dick and Cindy Weaver can give us the low down.

I feel a plan in the making...
...that's a plan I'd like to hear more about as it developes!

Is anyone familiar with the lake or event, or know any of the details?
Is Sebago an enthusiast friendly lake, or does anyone know how the lake residents or harbor master handle events like this?

Does anyone have dates for any of the other east coast events for 2010?
I've been searching, but have come up empty so far.

CHACHI
01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Does anyone have dates for any of the other east coast events for 2010?

LSM, how far west do you consider east coast?

Ken

MOP
01-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote LeadSledMerc: Does anyone have dates for any of the other east coast events for 2010?

Look up the 1000 Island run! Late July/early August, one of the very best boating places on the entire east coast.

Phil

LeadSledMerc
01-19-2010, 07:24 PM
LSM, how far west do you consider east coast?

Ken
Ken,
I'm in Rochester, MA out by the Cape. I don't mind hauling 3 hours each way for a good day trip which gets me into all of CT, RI, MA and a lot of VT, NH and ME.
If it's a weekend event 4 or 5 hrs each way is cool, but I'd consider more for sure if it's a super event.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Keith

CHACHI
01-20-2010, 06:01 AM
Keith, as MOP has said, the 1K event. Lots of water, man you can travel 70 miles (maybe even more) in one direction before you have to turn around and you haven't even left the river.

With a passport you can "jump" between the US and Canada. fresh water, crystal clear.

Ken

mc donzi
01-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Keith, as MOP has said, the 1K event. Lots of water, man you can travel 70 miles (maybe even more) in one direction before you have to turn around and you haven't even left the river.

With a passport you can "jump" between the US and Canada. fresh water, crystal clear.

Ken

Last year the event coincided with the 1000 Island Poker Run. A group of us stayed at a resort on the Cdn. side just east of Gananoque- nice place but can't remember the name. Friday night we went to Kingston, Ont. to see the P.R. boats at the city dock-probably 50-60 boats..a couple approaching 200 MPH. Saturday we watched the P.R. from just off the channel east of Alexandria Bay. Pretty impressive!! The weather was great and according to my GPS we travelled about 150 miles in the 2 days. It was a little 'busy' around A-Bay- tour boats, cruisers, sport boats and the odd freighter but all-in-all a great weekend. Ken & Teri were great hosts/tour guides. If you have never been, the 1000 Islands are beautiful. Right up there with Muskoka(a shameless plug)

CHACHI
01-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Last year the event coincided with the 1000 Island Poker Run. A group of us stayed at a resort on the Cdn. side just east of Gananoque- nice place but can't remember the name. Friday night we went to Kingston, Ont. to see the P.R. boats at the city dock-probably 50-60 boats..a couple approaching 200 MPH. Saturday we watched the P.R. from just off the channel east of Alexandria Bay. Pretty impressive!! The weather was great and according to my GPS we travelled about 150 miles in the 2 days. It was a little 'busy' around A-Bay- tour boats, cruisers, sport boats and the odd freighter but all-in-all a great weekend. Ken & Teri were great hosts/tour guides. If you have never been, the 1000 Islands are beautiful. Right up there with Muskoka(a shameless plug)
Glen House Resort in Gananoque. Food was excellent! And the portions...2 pound slab of prime rib, cooked perfect.

My wife a tour guide? You make me laugh.

Ken

CHACHI
01-20-2010, 09:16 AM
On second thought, my wife DOES know her way around Kingston for shopping.

So for land based excursions, she has me beat.

Ken

mike o
01-20-2010, 09:16 AM
All the 1000k PARTY Pirates...........................:kingme:

HIGH LIFE
01-20-2010, 06:46 PM
For info : www.windhamrotary.org/sebagolakepokerparty.cfm (http://www.windhamrotary.org/sebagolakepokerparty.cfm) "HIGH LIFE"

LeadSledMerc
04-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Are there any other Poker Runs or happenings in the N.E. any knows of for this summer?

HIGH LIFE
04-12-2010, 07:22 PM
LSM, There is a POKER RUN @ Borden Light Marina in Fall River, Aug. 14. GREAT TIME !! Another, Labor Day Weekend in Fairhaven. Look on OSO under the N.E. section. "HIGH LIFE"

mike o
04-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Lots of stuff going on, on the Conn river. They do whats called the pizza run after labor day. Check scream and fly and speed wake. There was a poker run on webster lake last summer in Mass, between the winni and 1000k event. Penbroke's (Frank) turf on lake champlain has the Milk run. Is for the big boys 100mph +. But it would be fun to check it out and just blast around......:kingme:. Its on oso

LeadSledMerc
04-13-2010, 11:50 AM
LSM, There is a POKER RUN @ Borden Light Marina in Fall River, Aug. 14. GREAT TIME !! Another, Labor Day Weekend in Fairhaven. Look on OSO under the N.E. section. "HIGH LIFE"
Thanks for the info.
I live 10 minutes from Fairhaven and 1/2 hour from FR., so I'll be sure to check them both out, but I'm not planning on putting mine in saltwater at this point. I'm really looking for fresh water events.

Lots of stuff going on, on the Conn river. They do whats called the pizza run after labor day. Check scream and fly and speed wake. There was a poker run on webster lake last summer in Mass, between the winni and 1000k event. Penbroke's (Frank) turf on lake champlain has the Milk run. Is for the big boys 100mph +. But it would be fun to check it out and just blast around......:kingme:. Its on oso
Thanks, I'll have to check out those forums.
I've been looking for info on that Webster Lake one, did anyone go to it last year?

Any other fresh water stuff goin on in the NE?