PDA

View Full Version : New 2 boat owner

Greg
09-26-2002, 07:34 AM
Well, the resto on my 18 has been going painfully slow. I didn't mind giving up all last summer to go boating this summer, but when that didn't happen it sucked. I had to have another boat. The rules in our subdivision changed and now we can have up to a 21' boat with a shore station. So about a week ago two of my friends and I went to Tenn. and I bought a 21' Scarab. Its not super fast, stock 260hp. for power, but the lake I go boating on has a full time 45mph. speed limit and 35 on the weekends and holidays. This boat cruises comfortably around 40. That should keep me out of trouble. I'd like to thank all the multi-boat owners for posting so frequently. Every time there was a post regarding owning two or more boats I would have my wife come in and read it. I'd say "Look Honey, everyone has two boats, WE should have two boats." She finally agreed and I got the Scarab. I just had to agree to sell off part of my antique stained glass collection and my old harley basket case. Now I can take my time on the Donzi, not be so impatient and start enjoying doing the restoration again. I'm going to drop down to "Other Performance Talk" and try to post a pic. Havn't had much luck there, but I'll give it another go. Thanks again folks.

James Adcock
09-26-2002, 09:42 AM
Greg, What kind of Harley basketcase do you have? I am ALWAYS looking for HD's. Love 'em.
Thanks, Jamie

Rodger
09-26-2002, 01:03 PM
Greg,
I know all about the length restriction on Wooddale's pier. I looked at a house in Wooddale about 17 years ago, but it was the length restriction that turned me off. At the time all I had was the 16 ' but I didn't want to be limited to a max of 18'. Back in 1979 there used to be a red 18' Donzi, possibly about a 1967 model, that parked at your pier.

Greg
09-26-2002, 05:41 PM
Hi Rodger, That faded old red 18' is still mine. We have had the home up there for almost 30 yrs. I went through a couple of old Searays and the like, but an 18' Donzi is by far the best handeling boat there is. Which is what promted me to start rebuilding that boat. I figured with the 18' rule, which they changed to 19' a few years ago (big deal) if I sold the Donzi I would just go out and buy another one. So why not fix what I have. A couple of years ago they changed the rule to 21' if you have a subdivision approved shore station. if you don't follow the rules on this one its another nightmare. I'm sorting that one out now. I think I talked to you about that time, I've been on the lake, just in different boats(not mine). Maybe see you this weekend. James, the Harley is a 1956 FLH panhead chopper rolling basket. I havn't ridden it since 1972. I had everything rebuilt, took it apart to repaint it, then went to school, got out, got a career, got married, bought a house, yada yada yada. You know the rest. I think my phone # is in my profile, I can send you more details if you want. I want to stress, its not stock, it is a 70's nostalgic chopper.

James Adcock
09-27-2002, 06:03 AM
Morning Greg, I happen to like choppers, so by default Yes, I would love to know some more details. I have to go to Va. Beach saturday to pick up my boat. The Navy is sending me to the left coast on monday (approx. 1 to 2 wks max I hope). I will try to give you a call this weekend, If thats ok? I am interested.
Thanks, Jamie