PDA

View Full Version : Bananas & Boats

Carl C
11-13-2009, 08:23 AM
I posted this pic as a joke on another forum only to be informed that it is "unlucky" to have bananas aboard a boat. I googled it and there is tons of stuff about it! Bananas will never touch my boat again! How do I remove the hex from this pic? lol

Last Tango
11-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Eat the bananas.

Carl C
11-13-2009, 11:28 AM
The bananas have been consumed! On further perusal it seems that most of the bad luck relates to fishing which I don't do off this boat. Crazy superstition though!

Jraysray
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
OK, Whats the curse associated with bananas?

gcarter
11-13-2009, 03:02 PM
After all, aren't there litteraly millions of tons of bananas put on ships bound for the US every year?

Carl C
11-13-2009, 03:09 PM
OK, Whats the curse associated with bananas?

After all, aren't there litteraly millions of tons of bananas put on ships bound for the US every year?

Google "bananas bad luck boats". You'll get pages of stuff but it mostly says that you won't catch fish if you have bananas on board!:confused:

Cuda
11-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I've caught grouper on grapes. :)

Phil S
11-13-2009, 06:22 PM
So Carl....you haven't posted in a while....good to hear from you. Did an Indian Summer ever come along in Michigan ? You gearing that bad-boy up for ext steering and a supercharger this winter ? (that would be so cool if you could swing it):yes:

We'll keep it a secret....:wink:

WKR,

Phil S

Carl C
11-13-2009, 06:32 PM
So Carl....you haven't posted in a while....good to hear from you. Did an Indian Summer ever come along in Michigan ? You gearing that bad-boy up for ext steering and a supercharger this winter ? (that would be so cool if you could swing it):yes:

We'll keep it a secret....:wink:

WKR,

Phil S

Funny you should ask. In the new Powerboat Teague on Tech is a whipple blower kit for the 525 that gets it up to 775 hp with 7# boost. That's got the gears spinning in my head. The steering will be an early spring project. The SC I'm afraid will wait a couple of years. No Indian summer :(. Going to winterize her next week.

Phil S
11-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Indian Summer kinda got spoiled here in SC by the remnants of Ida...cold, rainy and windy for the past week...although sunny and 78 this weekend, and my boat is in the shop having starter replaced...welcome to my world. My back ain't what it used to be, or I'd a done it myself.:smash:

My curiosity is piqued with that bananas thing....never went fishing with them though...:)

(nos is your friend) :wink:

Don't you love others spending your money ? :)

It has been most enjoyable reading on here about your experiences, both good and bad, building up your boat Carl. I was glad to hear that you had some fun with her this summer running up there in (low 70's) with that slightly dinged up 23p.

WKR,
Phil

Carl C
11-14-2009, 06:45 AM
(nos is your friend) :wink:

Don't you love others spending your money ? :)

It has been most enjoyable reading on here about your experiences, both good and bad, building up your boat Carl. I was glad to hear that you had some fun with her this summer running up there in (low 70's) with that slightly dinged up 23p.

WKR,
Phil

Nitrous is on my '82 Mustang and Banshee quad so I am a fan of it but not on a pleasure boat. I need continuous power, not just short bursts.

Thanks for the kind words. I will be around. Here is the Powerboat item on the SC for my engine. If Bob Teague says it isn't cheap I'm guessing around $15,000? Funny thing, the very next item he expresses my exact thoughts on nitrous. You will have to supersize them to read them.

It's been a pretty crummy summer here in Michigan. Al Gore is wise to lay low for a while!

HOWARD O
11-14-2009, 07:43 AM
I posted this pic as a joke on another forum only to be informed that it is "unlucky" to have bananas aboard a boat. I googled it and there is tons of stuff about it! Bananas will never touch my boat again! How do I remove the hex from this pic? lol

Carl, I have the perfect solution. I have known for years to never take bananas on board and they have certainly never touched my boat. So it's simple, we'll just trade boats! I'll assume the risk of your boat having had bananas on it, I often make great sacrifices for my friends! We don't even have to meet halfway, I'll breakdown and make the whole journey to Michigan to make the swap.

Just let me know when it's convenient for you!

Carl C
11-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Carl, I have the perfect solution. I have known for years to never take bananas on board and they have certainly never touched my boat. So it's simple, we'll just trade boats! I'll assume the risk of your boat having had bananas on it, I often make great sacrifices for my friends! We don't even have to meet halfway, I'll breakdown and make the whole journey to Michigan to make the swap.

Just let me know when it's convenient for you!

Well I would have taken you up on that but since the boat hex only seems to involve fishing neither of us will have to go to the trouble and I will stick with the yellow boat since all of my boating equipment and clothing are yellow. Thank you for the kind offer though.

;)

HOWARD O
11-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Well I would have taken you up on that but since the boat hex only seems to involve fishing neither of us will have to go to the trouble and I will stick with the yellow boat since all of my boating equipment and clothing are yellow. Thank you for the kind offer though.

;)

:hyper:

Didn't I mention all new equipment and wardrobe in blue? Silly me..... :smash:

What the heck, it was worth a shot! :cool: