PDA

View Full Version : 1972 donzi baby outboard!

fasttrucker
11-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Not for sale anymore.

thehow33
03-06-2010, 05:20 PM
he'll probably only get 3000-3500 for that boat...the one you're referring to that is
which makes yours almost a steal...I can't believe you haven't sold yours yet

thehow33
03-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Had a couple of bites.Winter in Maryland was bad and I dont think anybody was buying.Iam going to list it with a broker next month.

I'm sure it will sell...winters always a little rough in the upper half of America for selling boats.

HIGH LIFE
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
fasttrucker, You can buy mine...and have bookends ! Mine runs great, and very fast, but way too small for the waters I run in. That's why I bought another 27' MAGNUM SEDAN, that I will rig w/outboards ! If anyone wants I can visit the boat in Malden, just a short ride for me here in Ma. P.S. no SNOW on the ground ! "HIGH LIFE"

breitstone
03-10-2010, 05:29 AM
IS it a sweet 16 or the 14 ft donzi baby

mattyboy
03-10-2010, 08:55 AM
IS it a sweet 16 or the 14 ft donzi baby

It is neither it is a baby 16 ;)

smidgen too
03-29-2010, 09:40 AM
fasttrucker, You can buy mine...and have bookends ! Mine runs great, and very fast, but way too small for the waters I run in. That's why I bought another 27' MAGNUM SEDAN, that I will rig w/outboards ! If anyone wants I can visit the boat in Malden, just a short ride for me here in Ma. P.S. no SNOW on the ground ! "HIGH LIFE"
Is that the one you picked up here in Michigan. ? h2o

HIGH LIFE
03-31-2010, 03:50 PM
h2o, Yes it is. Took the '76 175 off ( 1 bad piston ) and installed a '93 MARINER 200. "HIGH LIFE"

Kenn
04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
My two cents.
The 1972 Donzi OB in Boston craigslist is mine.
Second owner. It has NO soft spots, NO damages, NO repairs.
All original fiberglass and NEVER REPAIRED.
The Donzi Baby 16 OB has all original gelcoat, nothing covered up.
Nothing repainted, Nothing repaired because it doesn't need any repair.
This Donzi lives in a clean garage, covered except for pictures for 20 years.
This Donzi needs compound and wax and a rub rail.
AND a good outboard motor. My Donzi has single cable Johnson Steering and comes with Benett Trim Tabs. :-)
And it comes on an old galvinized trailer that brought it from Boston to Maryland and back. Needs only a couple of rollers and every used trailer needs tires.
Buying a used outboard is like buying a raffle ticket. If your lucky you get a winner, but most people loose that bet.
If anyone wants a great buy on my Donzi Baby 16 OB email me: kennethmgoldberg@gmail.com
Thanks for the oppertunity.
Kenn :-)

MOP
04-06-2010, 06:43 PM
My two cents.
AND a good outboard motor. My Donzi has single cable Johnson Steering and comes with Benett Trim Tabs. :-)
And it comes on an old galvinized trailer that brought it from Boston to Maryland and back. Needs only a couple of rollers and every used trailer needs tires.
Buying a used outboard is like buying a raffle ticket. If your lucky you get a winner, but most people loose that bet.
If anyone wants a great buy on my Donzi Baby 16 OB email me: kennethmgoldberg@gmail.com

General courtesy would denote that you start your own post, adding to another members post just gets your lost!

Just Say N20
04-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Phil,

He has his own post. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61574

I think he was responding to some of the less than flattering things said about his boat at the beginning of this thread.

Bill

Kenn
04-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Bill, Thanks for noticing.! :)
I wanted to set the record straight. There is no need to degrade someone elses Donzi when selling your own Donzi. These boats all started out equal. Donzi classics are great boats.
Personally, when I see an 'interesting' ad, I call the owner or write a note and ask a question and then I can comment based on what the owner says. Since Fastracker never called me or wrote to me, and he comes from Maryland, a long walk to Massachusetts, I had to set the record straight.
Thanks for noticing.! Kenn.
:-):)

Kenn
04-07-2010, 08:22 AM
:) -- Donzi 1972 Sweet Sixteen OutBoard -- :) --
DONZI 16' 8" - OutBoard Model, 1972 Classic Donzi Sweet Sixteen OB, White with Blue Boot Stripe, original gel-coat, inside-garage storage, Hull is sound, no soft spots, transom solid, we prepared it for restoration but illness changed our plans, Comes with Donzi instrument package, Donzi deck hardware, Donzi wiring harness, Johnson (single cable) Steering, Bennett Trim Tabs, Newer BuiltRite Rolled and Pleated Donzi ā€˜Lā€™ shaped upholstery/cushions, plus Donzi rug, and Donzi Tonneau Cover, sits on old yard galvi Trailer, No motor,-Inquiries via e-mail to kennethmgoldberg@gmail.com ā€“- :)
Located in Boston Metro Area
Price USD $5,000.00 or BRO
Seller accepts payment by PayPal or Cash.
Contact Kenn at kennethmgoldberg@gmail.com.-- :)

wufwee
04-07-2010, 05:43 PM
:toiletpap:toiletpapOkay, I'm new here, but is there something about you guys with outboards? I am surprised at your behavior to say the least. If I was looking for an outboard, I would'nt deal with either of you guys that's for sure. That's my two cents.

Just Say N20
04-07-2010, 08:01 PM
:toiletpap:toiletpapOkay, I'm new here, but is there something about you guys with outboards? I am surprised at your behavior to say the least. If I was looking for an outboard, I would'nt deal with either of you guys that's for sure. That's my two cents.

Welcome to the board. :yes:

Always a questionable way to start out being critical of other members.

If I were looking for an outboard, I would have no problem buying a boat from either of these guys.

wufwee
04-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Bill. I've been around here for a while, bought and sold boats for over forty years. I've always found that taking the high road and not trashing someone else's stuff is always the best approach. I'm just saying, the way these guys are acting here does not impress me as a new member. Is this the way it is here?

Just Say N20
04-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Being a public forum, stuff happens sometimes. I agree that it is best to only post information regarding your own particular boat.

Of the 4 of 5 boating forums I used to frequent, I find myself settling here because generally speaking, it is a very friendly place.

The issue of inappropriate comments made in the For Sale sections comes up periodically, and guidance is always given that people should "play nice" and not say negative things about any of the boats posted.

Unfortunately, things sometimes get a little off course, but usually they get back on course as evidenced by fastrucker's offer to remove any offensive posts.

This is relatively uncommon. If you go back and look through several previous pages of Donzi For Sale threads, I think you will find that people are very good about not tearing down other boats.

Overall, I think information in the Donzis For Sale section is good.

Rob M
04-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Hi Kenn:
Hope your 16 OB sells.
You wouldn't happen to be selling 001 too? That could be interesting....:)

Just Say N20
04-08-2010, 09:46 AM
:confused:I looked at KENN donzi picture and he has a storage under the back seat.I think his boat is a copy of a donzi not a real donzi.:popcorn:A FAKE DONZI. Oh my god!:confused:

And you were doing so well. :wink:

mrfixxall
04-09-2010, 11:59 AM
My two cents.

Talk about stepping on someone else's Dick,,like mop stated GO TO YOUR OWN TREND IN THE FORSALE SECTION!!!!!!!!!!

Bigman99
04-09-2010, 03:59 PM
You know Fast, most people would have been content just to call the guy out, offer peace and if he takes it, great. While I agree that hijacking your thread was wrong and childish, your recent posts are rude and immature.

Frankly I hope you both sit long and hard on those OB's until you both learn to behave like adults.

"Well,It looks like DUNN is a lier and a no good son of a bitch who should die soon!"

What are you, like twelve?

Just Say N20
04-09-2010, 08:41 PM
You know Fast, most people would have been content just to call the guy out, offer peace and if he takes it, great. While I agree that hijacking your thread was wrong and childish, your recent posts are rude and immature.

Frankly I hope you both sit long and hard on those OB's until you both learn to behave like adults.

"Well,It looks like DUNN is a lier and a no good son of a bitch who should die soon!"

What are you, like twelve?

Well said.

If what Fast said was sarcastic, I missed it. If it was sincere, it reflects poorly on all of us.

There is no need to respond in such a fashion, and it detracts from the poster's credibility. I also doubt such posts will improve the likelihood of selling your boat.

I had posted earlier that if I were looking for an OB Donzi I would consider buying from either poster. I don't believe I would make that statement now.

Greg Guimond
04-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Yikes ............:popcorn:

All for a hull that is worth $3k - $4k open market. Seems a bit theatrical. Btw - Donzi 16's don't break 80 on GPS :lightning

Bigman99
04-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Well said.

If what Fast said was sarcastic, I missed it. If it was sincere, it reflects poorly on all of us.

There is no need to respond in such a fashion, and it detracts from the poster's credibility. I also doubt such posts will improve the likelihood of selling your boat.

I had posted earlier that if I were looking for an OB Donzi I would consider buying from either poster. I don't believe I would make that statement now.

My sentiments exactly Just Say. In a million years would I ever think of doing business with either of these " gentlemen".

Normally I would never call for a thread to be closed/locked. If ever there was a case for it it's right now. And Greg's right, all this over a couple of 3-4000 dollar hulks.

Sheesh...

BUIZILLA
04-10-2010, 01:40 PM
trucker...

get a life..

enough already :smash:

fasttrucker
04-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Ive decided to keep it.