PDA

View Full Version : '86 Z-33 went for $18,750!

oledawg
11-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Man, I am not an expert on Donzi value, but based on the description of this boat and the pictures someone in California got one heck of a deal! $18,750

Item number:120487469866

Vehicle Description
fully restored donzi Z-33 FRESH WATER BOAT. two stage imron paint, all new emblems done in aluminum and chrome plated. all new rub rails. full restored interior with all new seat frames done in marine plywood and then spar varnished in two coats. marine vinyl for all interior seats and new carpets throughout. custom ten thousand dollar stereo system. all newly restored dash with VDO blue line guages restored and bezels replaced with aluminum chrome plated instead of factory plastic. custom trim switches in wheel for drives along with trim tabs switched on the throttles for ease of control. engines are custom built 468 four bolt main blocks with scat forged cranks and forged pistons ceramic rings and fully balanced. the heads are dart merlin and come with severe duty stainless valves triple springs, aluminum roller rockers. dart intakes are powder coated and all new sea pumps fuel pumps and hoses with powder coated pulley's. the transmissions are huber HM 925's and come with 180 thermostats. cases are powdercoated also. the drives are TRS and totally done over with new hydraulic pistons and new props. the trim tabs are chrome plated mercury units and all drives and tabs have new pumps. the bilge is equipped with new blowers and pumps also. the power steering and gimbals are also new. the headers are custom CMI built and very expensive. new battery boxes and all wiring new. the trailer is custom built with power winches about. new tires, brakes, wiring and aluminum rims. surge braking system and the trailer is also painted in imron. the boat motors are making 498 pounds of foot torque at 2750 rpm while the horse power is 500 at 5250. a nice curve for the boat. the cams are hydraulic and the compression is a nice 8 to 1. runs smooth on pump gas. a must see beauty and looks like a vintage vette in the water. a true classic with gorgeous lines.this is the last year that donzi built these boats as omc took over after his mysterious death. this boat is one year away from being an antique. the reserve placed on this boat does not even cover the cost of one engine and trailer. this is an outstanding opportunity to own a quarter of a million dollar boat for a fraction of the cost. restoring this beauty was nothing short of monumental. of course with every restoration comes the pain of letting it go. as the story goes, one mans loss is another mans gain. boat is stored and winterized. will consider muscle car trades call joe at 603-765-3275. thanks and good luck bidding.

oledawg
11-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Was on eBay, forgot to tell that!

fasttrucker
11-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Can you even think about all the money that was spent on this boat! man these toys are $$$$$$$$$

oledawg
11-10-2009, 12:35 PM
The guy selling it said that he had over $100,000 invested in it, so he really must have needed to sell! Whoo Hoo, if I had ANY clue that it would go that low I would have bid on it, but hey, c'est la vie. Did anyone look at the pics? Unbelievable!

Conquistador_del_mar
11-10-2009, 12:49 PM
The guy selling it said that he had over $100,000 invested in it, so he really must have needed to sell! Whoo Hoo, if I had ANY clue that it would go that low I would have bid on it, but hey, c'est la vie. Did anyone look at the pics? Unbelievable!

What a deal someone got! Bill

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_rdc=1&item=120487469866&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR4 0%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D12048746986 6%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&viewitem=

cutwater
11-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Wow, just looked at the pics. If anyone was in the market for a Z33, you just missed the deal of the year!

Did a member pick it up??

Ghost
11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Wow, this one really saddens me. Boat looks amazing.

oledawg
11-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Don't know if the new owner is a Donzi person or not, this is the info that I got from the seller when I asked if he REALLY sold it for that price.

Dear oledawg1947,

yes sir it did. just under 19k. the gentleman is from california and he stole this boat. he is in the process of arranging pick up and is flying out to see his catch. I lost over 100k on this boat. however it is costing him over 8k to ship it to california and it is going to lake tahoe. a good place for it as it is fresh water. i will miss this boat. it has been like a limb to me.

- develis1

jdsdls
11-10-2009, 03:38 PM
I have seen several 30-33 foot mid 80's boat go for about this price recently, its not just about what the guy lost its just what the market is at right now.

I just bought a 3 bedroom condo in Fla that went for 235,000 in 2005 for 55,000 last month.

oledawg
11-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Anymore condo's at that price? Just curious, I need another house about like I need another boat!

CJmike
11-16-2009, 11:39 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120493969756&category=63724&_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%26 otn%3D10%26ps%3D63

Back on ebay it appears.

fasttrucker
11-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Is this another con job, boat ad says location nh?..........

BlownCrewCab
11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
[Quote}this is the last year that donzi built these boats as omc took over after his mysterious death. this boat is one year away from being an antique[Quote}

Really, is that how the story goes????????

oledawg
11-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Same ad as last time, maybe he was conned. Apparently it happens alot on eBay. He responded to my previous questions, I'll just ask him what happened to his buyer from CA that was going to ship the boat to Lake Tahoe.

HOWARD O
11-16-2009, 05:29 PM
On Nov-16-09 at 11:32:27 PST, seller added the following information:

attention to all previous bidders. the gentelman who won this bid just flew out from california to pay for the boat he looked at it and loved it.

he showed up today totally distraught and emotionally battered. he told me that he just lost his mother and his wife and children were telling him not to buy the boat. he begged me to let him out of the contract. he seemed very sincere. although I was upset about the situation he offered me some compensation for all of my trouble. I accepted. this buyer can be emailed as he has seen this boat. as far as his feedback is concerned I told the truth and kept it positive. the man tugged on my heart strings. he is a 61 year old man not a kid.

gear head
11-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Do you guys think this might be legit? I am thinking of bidding.

fegettes
11-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Do you guys think this might be legit? I am thinking of bidding.

Sounds too good to be true to me. I think I smell some BS.

oledawg
11-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Hey, if it is real, it is worth the time/$ to actually go look at the boat or have someone do it for you. Also shows the seller that you are serious and not a bogus bidder.

LKSD
11-17-2009, 08:26 AM
I just got a call on this & looked into it for a customer. Something looks a little fishy.. speend 100k & sell it for less than 20% of what it supposedly costed to do? Also he didnt seem to know too much accurate info on the boat. Beyond that it is not restored originally, but taste is subjective..

I also wonder why one would go thru the expense of repainting a boat & leave the pitted name plates alone & even more curious, is why would you screw block off plates into the transom if you are repainting the boat because you moved the exhaust up??? Wouldnt you fill the transom properly & then paint it?? Seems like some corners were evidentally cut.. J.M.O.

I am not bashing the 33's as I came very close to buying one myself this summer.. But you really got to look close & it is hard to find "honest" sellers or sellers that know what the hell they are talking about..

But maybe I am too much of a nit pick... :D Jamie / Lakeside

oledawg
11-17-2009, 12:07 PM
I repeat, has anyone actually looked at the boat? Can't disagree that it sounds strange, but in today's world I have seen stranger. FYI, I am not in play since my lovely bride thinks that you can't possibly need more than one boat and I have four! Just curious if anyone is near Derry, NH that would want to check it out.

Best,

Conquistador_del_mar
11-17-2009, 12:22 PM
I repeat, has anyone actually looked at the boat? Can't disagree that it sounds strange, but in today's world I have seen stranger. FYI, I am not in play since my lovely bride thinks that you can't possibly need more than one boat and I have four! Just curious if anyone is near Derry, NH that would want to check it out.

Best,

You might check with Mario (Mphatic?) or Michael (High Life). Ironically, the town of Derry, NH is very close to Windham, NH where the Cigarette 28 sport fish boat that I am buying is located - both are a little north of Boston. I just got off the phone with Mario who was nice enough to check out the Cigarette for Bill (Oldredalert) who passed on it. I wouldn't be too concerned about the exhaust plugs as long as they were also blocked on the inside of the transom - it sure looks like a nice boat to me with a plausible explanation as to why the first buyer did not follow through. Bill

HOWARD O
11-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Big time buyer's market, I bet it's legit.

Tidbart
11-18-2009, 01:46 PM
This has to be a Winnie boat. The guy has a place in Alton Bay. Lives and works in Derry. Don't know him personally.

B

oledawg
11-23-2009, 05:49 AM
Looks like it is going for about $20,000 this time, let's see if it was a serious buyer, etc. this round!

AR-Cougar
11-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Gone @ $19,877.00

oledawg
12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Update from the seller, I told him that the Donzi Registry was following his progress!

"Dear oledawg1947,

yes thank you. the genteman is from france. he has wired the money. this donzi.net tell me about it and who are the people that know me?
thanks joe develis

- develis1"

bboersma
12-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Sounds dicey, french guy wiring money?? California buyer paying $8k to ship?

I am going to track this and if it becomes available again I have a friend who lived in Derry, NH and will have him check it out.

oledawg
12-01-2009, 10:30 AM
I totally agree, there are too many scams that folks overseas try to run using wire transfers, and often not only does the seller not have a sale, but gives the scammer info that enables him to clean out the sellers bank account. Have to be very careful with these things. A good local bank can lead a seller through it the proper way, should never just give account numbers, etc. The guy selling the Donzi is Joe Develis and that is all that I know. He may know exactly how to deal with a foreign sale, but it is a scary thing to deal with.

zelatore
12-01-2009, 10:38 AM
While I'd be leery of the over seas wire transfer, the weakness of the dollar does help explain that.

As for the $8K to ship it from the east coast to Tahoe that doesn't sound unreasonable. Remember, it's a big boat and it's 9' wide so technically it's an oversize load. You don't want Joe's Bargain Trucking towing it, (sure I can tow that! I gots me an F150 with a 4 barrel on it! uh, it's insured, right?) you want somebody who knows what they're doing.

fegettes
12-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I talked with Joe Develis during the auction. He sounded legit, but then he told me the top speed with all of this power was only about 65 mph and I sort of lost interest after that.

THEDONZ33
01-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Great Boat !! Great Deal !!

BUT-----

That Boat was NOT a Z-33

It IS a Z-29

oledawg
01-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Anybody know if the thing ever actually got shipped to France?

Conquistador_del_mar
01-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Anybody know if the thing ever actually got shipped to France?

Yep. Check the feedback and it states that the French buyer flew out to meet Joe and was very pleased with it. They both left good feedback for each other. Legit and great deal. Bill

Trueser
01-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Looks like a 33 to me.

Nice looking boat.