PDA

View Full Version : Madcow

Bamboo Loui
11-07-2009, 02:11 PM
I see on .org there is preplanning for a MADCOW event on torch? no mention on .net,

disappointing to say the least.

Tony
11-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I would offer that "pre-planning" might be a bit of an overstatement. Couple guys tossing out ideas is more like it. It's 7 months away...let's not make too big a deal out of it.

MADCOW events are usually pretty informal. We met on Torch three or four times, had a weather affected day in Whitehall, a small group on Wampler's, a good-sized group on Lake St. Clair 4 or 5 years ago, plus another day gathering on Lake St. Clair a year or two ago. Sorry if I missed any...

:beer:

Bamboo Loui
11-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I would offer that "pre-planning" might be a bit of an overstatement. Couple guys tossing out ideas is more like it. It's 7 months away...let's not make too big a deal out of it.

MADCOW events are usually pretty informal. We met on Torch three or four times, had a weather affected day in Whitehall, a small group on Wampler's, a good-sized group on Lake St. Clair 4 or 5 years ago, plus another day gathering on Lake St. Clair a year or two ago. Sorry if I missed any...

Thanks Tony and my apologies to everyone-- I guess it was a stupid knee-jerk reaction- one that I am sorry I posted.

doug

Tony
11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
No worries...
Hopefully we'll see you on the water somewhere this summer!

hot shot
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I think i was the one that posted it like i did on this site last spring and had no results so i kinda wondered if fell apart or just lack of interest...i fo one thought it was rude for the prior event planners to not at least aknoladge the thread so i took it upon myself to try to get some people interested.... if i'm the only one so be it... i'll grab my bucket and shovel and find another sand box to play in Mick

Tony
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Mick, I for one am always interested in an event on Torch...it is that beautiful of a lake.
Come to think of it, Charlevoix and Glen would be worthy destinations also...in my humble opinion.

Bamboo Loui
11-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I was pretty new to the site last year at this time, may not have even been here yet, I bought the 22c and got her in the waqter in July and missed the mini Wamplers outing somehow.

Northern Michigan sure is beautiful and I will sure try to be at Torch or wherever. I must admit I do have a preference for the West side vs the East side, Detroit is just so busy and the north west of the LP is truly Gods country.

Mick-- sometime I need to ask you about those rear tie downs of yours-- very nice. Did you weld a tab on the trailer for them to connect to?

Doug

mike o
11-10-2009, 01:19 PM
I think i was the one that posted it like i did on this site last spring and had no results so i kinda wondered if fell apart or just lack of interest...i fo one thought it was rude for the prior event planners to not at least aknoladge the thread so i took it upon myself to try to get some people interested.... if i'm the only one so be it... i'll grab my bucket and shovel and find another sand box to play in Mick Mick..... I mean "Uncle" Mick,:cistineb:. I just had to do this to Ya. Folks........The Hot Shot fan Club.:propeller: Just tell us where and when.:propeller:

Tony
11-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Did I mention that Torch Lake is spectacular?

gold-n-rod
11-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Did I mention that Torch Lake is spectacular?

mmmm, best Donzi day ever at Torch. Tanks for the memories!

hot shot
11-11-2009, 09:09 AM
think spring.... its almost here... a couple of shovel's of snow and a big fat guy in a red outfit and we'll be back at em..... thanks mike for my fan club pic... i'll remember that for ever.... i love ya man mick

Tony
11-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Pics in Post #9 courtesy of Brad H...gotta give credit where credit is due!