PDA

View Full Version : 22 classic and no where to play?

wild child
11-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey you all just moved from Jupiter in So. Fl. to Hawthorne Fla. near Palatka. Anybody anywhere near by to do some speed boatng on the St Johns River?

Last Tango
11-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Wild Child,
Welcome to some of the best boating in Florida. Although I am not certain there is anybody specifically in Palatka, you are not alone. I live in Jacksonville and frquently make the run to Corkey Bells on the St. Johns River.
Halfway between us (more or less) is the Outback Crabshack on the St. Johns River, just south and east of the Shands bridge (Green Cove Springs) area. I will be boating there this Sunday and expect to tie up around noon-ish or so.

Also, please look at the events section closely: Toys for Tots run IN PALATKA the first weekend in December!

Also, look under any references to SEADOGs. You are, by osmosis, a SEADOG.

Welcome!

gcarter
11-05-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm in Leesburg and I do most of my boating in the Harris Chain of Lake.
Currently my 22 TR is apart.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50476
But there's a lot of good boating in the area.

wild child
11-07-2009, 05:58 AM
hoogskiff@yahoo.comWow how cool is this!!! My name is Angel 352-229-6146 22' Yellow 40th Anniversary and have been frustrated to the point of selling my pride and joy because of the lack of real "Donzi" country and people up here. It's the one on this site that's 4 sale but not for long. You know, we can't exactly run in most these lakes for obvious reasons. I've been to Corkey Bells several times and put in at the Palatka ramp 1 time in 11 months since I moved here. I plan to go out this Sunday and it would be great to hook up somewhere. "ANYWHERE" sounds good. I'll look up the Crab Shack to see exactly where it's located and if OK with you, show up about the same time. My youngest son lives up here with me and said he wanted to ride. He's a "Gator" and they have a game tonight so the jury is still out for him Sunday. I'm going boating either way. I did notice and plan to join you guys for the Palatka TFT run. The guy Eddie from Miami and regularly on this site with the 18 red and white is my nephew and he's also coming up for the TFT run. Very cool. Anyway I'm excited to meet someone with the same passion for Donzi style boating, because literally, to say the least, in my neck of the woods, we are far and few between. It never occured to me to use this site much so trust me, I really appreciate the reply, this will bring back the fun part of owning my Donzi. I'll also look up the SEADOG thing to see what that's all about. I think I get it !!!
Angel / Wild Child
Wild Child,
Welcome to some of the best boating in Florida. Although I am not certain there is anybody specifically in Palatka, you are not alone. I live in Jacksonville and frquently make the run to Corkey Bells on the St. Johns River.
Halfway between us (more or less) is the Outback Crabshack on the St. Johns River, just south and east of the Shands bridge (Green Cove Springs) area. I will be boating there this Sunday and expect to tie up around noon-ish or so.

Also, please look at the events section closely: Toys for Tots run IN PALATKA the first weekend in December!

Also, look under any references to SEADOGs. You are, by osmosis, a SEADOG.

Welcome!

wild child
11-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Hey George my name is Angel and I really appreciate your reply. My boat is the yellow 40th Anniversary thats 4 sale for the moment. As I mentioned, I never used this site much but it looks like you guy's are about to become my saviors. I won't bore with the details at this time but it has been very frustrating to not connect with anyone or anywhere to run my boat. I've heard a lot about the area you mention but it's a long haul for me. I am located a few miles North of SR 20 on US HWY 301. I haven't had time to even drive there to do my initial inspection before hauling the boat there but I hear it's real nice. Anyway I'll write you when I'm able to go that way and meet you. Will you be at the Palatka TFT run?
Thanks again
Angel
I'm in Leesburg and I do most of my boating in the Harris Chain of Lake.
Currently my 22 TR is apart.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50476
But there's a lot of good boating in the area.

Last Tango
11-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Follow up.
Wild Child and I met up at the OutBack CrabsShack on Sunday. It could not have been more fun!
He has a beautiful '04 22C 40th Anniversary Edition in Mellow Yellow.

I told him about all the great destinations on the St. Johns River, but I mostly need to get him down to Porkey's Landing in Georgetown to make him an "official" SEADOG! LOL

donzi182003
11-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Tango,

Pretty soon I will have to drag my 18 up there and run with you guys. After all I did buy it with 2 hours on the clock from a marina on the St. Johns in Deland.. Im sure it would appreciate being close to home again. You are more than welcome to brig the 22 down to Miami to run down to the Keys. I have plenty of storage space at my place to keep it over the weekend!!

gcarter
11-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Hey George my name is Angel and I really appreciate your reply. My boat is the yellow 40th Anniversary thats 4 sale for the moment. As I mentioned, I never used this site much but it looks like you guy's are about to become my saviors. I won't bore with the details at this time but it has been very frustrating to not connect with anyone or anywhere to run my boat. I've heard a lot about the area you mention but it's a long haul for me. I am located a few miles North of SR 20 on US HWY 301. I haven't had time to even drive there to do my initial inspection before hauling the boat there but I hear it's real nice. Anyway I'll write you when I'm able to go that way and meet you. Will you be at the Palatka TFT run?
Thanks again
Angel
No, unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. Hope you have a good time. I've done it in the past.

wild child
11-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Definately a good time at the Crabshack and great food. Looking forward to more of these outings. I'm ready to become an official SEADOG and get the t-shirt too. If it's Poryey's, let's go. I must tell you guy's that Last Tango's ZX is also quite the boat in like new condition w/ a great paint scheme. I'll try to get Donzi182003 out here to join us. Thanks again Mark and
Follow up.
Wild Child and I met up at the OutBack CrabsShack on Sunday. It could not have been more fun!
He has a beautiful '04 22C 40th Anniversary Edition in Mellow Yellow.

I told him about all the great destinations on the St. Johns River, but I mostly need to get him down to Porkey's Landing in Georgetown to make him an "official" SEADOG! LOL

Budmann
11-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Wild child, also donz't forget about the "KEYS" run in Feb. during the Miami Boat Show.
The run is GREAT and the people are even better!!!:) We are all "SEADOGS" and love it!!!
My wife and I boat here in the Clearwater area on the West Coast but plan to make both the toy for tots run in Dec. and the Keys run.