PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Direct and Classics "NEW" Please Read

Shanghied Again
11-04-2009, 01:27 PM
This is confidential and soon to be released. The Classics will soon have a new home a web-site just for the classics. New models, designs and custom built. More to come www.donzidirect.com.. I myself am syked and love the Classics. The Classics have always been the backbone of Donzi.

www.donzidirect.com

oledawg
11-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Huh?:odie:

Marlin275
11-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks Frank
Josh from Donzi posted the same info in another post.
Here is more info.

We're working right now on www.DonziDirect.com, which will soon launch as Donzi's official Classic center, offering, among other things, a full online parts inventory. We'll offer OEM parts direct to customers worldwide, right from the warehouse, and also an expanded selection of custom items such as full mooring covers, custom upholstery, etc.
Josh

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60068

VetteLT193
11-04-2009, 02:00 PM
I just hope that Donzi puts some actual information on the web site. Take a hint from Formula, where you can get prices, options, etc. I like the glitz, pictures, etc. but actual information sure would help too

another area that would rock is an owners area that could include information about current and past models. Manuals, wiring diagrams, etc.

DonziJosh
11-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Frank got a pretty significant preview, so I'm glad he's excited!

Thanks for the feedback in this thread. I agree: when we developed Donzimarine.com we were really looking to capitalize on the (then) brand-new Flash 9 technology that allowed us to present really large images and streaming video. So that site is essentially a large web-based portfolio. Fast forward three years, and everyone's site has that. So in addition to serving as an aesthetic showcase for Donzi Classic imagery, stepping things up in terms of functionality and content will be key.

So, yes, we definitely plan to have more readily accessible information in the new site, and by offering a wide array of parts and accessories, we hope to be able to offer something of substance to everyone in the Donzi Classic (and classic Donzi) family, whether theirs is a 1960s-vintage or new.

What I hope will be received as the most noteworthy aspect of this new approach is the retail-direct concept that invites buyers to work directly with the factory to produce true custom boats. This is a departure from the established "XXX Edition" approach. It will allow us to accomodate a wide array of tastes, from those wanting, say, a retro-styled "gentleman's speedboat," with teak, mahogany, chromed-bronze fittings, etc.; to a far more aggressively styled concept that utilizes more modern treatments, and - beyond the styling cues - genuine performance upgrades as well.

That's the idea anyway, but I'm getting way ahead of myself. More to come!

VetteLT193
11-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Frank got a pretty significant preview, so I'm glad he's excited!

Thanks for the feedback in this thread. I agree: when we developed Donzimarine.com we were really looking to capitalize on the (then) brand-new Flash 9 technology that allowed us to present really large images and streaming video. So that site is essentially a large web-based portfolio. Fast forward three years, and everyone's site has that. So in addition to serving as an aesthetic showcase for Donzi Classic imagery, stepping things up in terms of functionality and content will be key.

So, yes, we definitely plan to have more readily accessible information in the new site, and by offering a wide array of parts and accessories, we hope to be able to offer something of substance to everyone in the Donzi Classic (and classic Donzi) family, whether theirs is a 1960s-vintage or new.

What I hope will be received as themost noteworthy aspect of this new approach is the retail-direct concept that invites buyers to work directly with the factory to produce true custom boats. This is a departure from the established "XXX Edition" approach. It will allow us to accomodate a wide array of tastes, from those wanting, say, a retro-styled "gentleman's speedboat," with teak, mahogany, chromed-bronze fittings, etc.; to a far more aggressively styled concept that utilizes more modern treatments, and - beyond the styling cues - genuine performance upgrades as well.

That's the idea anyway, but I'm getting way ahead of myself. More to come!

Sweet. Sounds like we'll see some awesome stuff soon.

firstafence
11-04-2009, 02:40 PM
This is great news for sure.:wink: :cards:

gcarter
11-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks Frank and Josh!
It's always been a bit wearying to have to go through the back door, so to speak, to Lakeside and others to get the hardware we need from time to time.
This is truly a fresh approach from Donzi and very welcome.
Thanks again

yeller
11-04-2009, 03:29 PM
What I hope will be received as the most noteworthy aspect of this new approach is the retail-direct concept that invites buyers to work directly with the factory to produce true custom boats. This is a departure from the established "XXX Edition" approach. It will allow us to accomodate a wide array of tastes, from those wanting, say, a retro-styled "gentleman's speedboat," with teak, mahogany, chromed-bronze fittings, etc.; to a far more aggressively styled concept that utilizes more modern treatments, and - beyond the styling cues - genuine performance upgrades as well.Now that sounds like a good approach.

I'll take one all black, Ilmore 710, brass fittings, teak floor please.

BUIZILLA
11-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Josh, if i'm understanding/hearing/interpreting you correctly, your saying the Classic product line will be factory direct on new boats, parts, and accessories?

Jim

Planetwarmer
11-04-2009, 04:14 PM
What kind of time frame are we looking at for the website to be up and running? I can't wait to see what new "stuff" you guys will be offering! Are you talking about a completely new design change for the Classic series, or what?

Tony
11-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Inquiring minds want to know! :drive: :crossfing:

:beer:

MOP
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks Frank! I like the look of the boat on the opening page, looks like they are finally raising the X at the factory so the boats will run at their full potential.

LKSD
11-05-2009, 07:21 AM
It's always been a bit wearying to have to go through the back door, so to speak, to Lakeside and others to get the hardware we need from time to time.
This is truly a fresh approach from Donzi and very welcome.
Thanks again

Nice to know you feel that way about me & not sure why:confused:.. BUT, just because I wasn't a new boat selling dealer doesnt make me a back door..:eek!: But maybe I misunderstood the tone?

It was really no different buying parts from me than a dealer that sold boats. Not many would have been willing to spend the time to get you the parts.. Many people know that.. .

I have been aware of the goings on in regards to this since the summer.. As I was approached about this months ago by Josh, because of what I had to potentially offer.. However we were looking to do some things differently & I chose to pass.. :)

I told Josh I wish him the best & I like that there is the desire to keep building new classics. :)

Jamie / Lakeside

mike o
11-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Nice to know you feel that way about me & not sure why:confused:.. BUT, just because I wasn't a new boat selling dealer doesnt make me a back door..:eek!: But maybe I misunderstood the tone?

It was really no different buying parts from me than a dealer that sold boats. Not many would have been willing to spend the time to get you the parts.. Many people know that.. .

I have been aware of the goings on in regards to this since the summer.. As I was approached about this months ago by Josh, because of what I had to potentially offer.. However we were looking to do some things differently & I chose to pass.. :)

I told Josh I wish him the best & I like that there is the desire to keep building new classics. :)

Jamie / Lakeside
. Im one of them...... Thanks.:wink:

LKSD
11-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Im one of them...... Thanks.:wink:

I was a little surprised about the comment, as he bought from me & was always freindly to me.. Thats why I said, possibly I am misunderstanding the tone.. :) At least I hope I am.. lol.. :)

Anyway, did you ever pull the trigger on one of those 18's for your family? :)

Jamie

Last Tango
11-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Jamie,
It could be interpretation. Actually, when I read the post, I took it as a huge compliment to you and your business that Donzi folks consider you to be "The Source" for things we can't get directly from the factory. I took his "back door" comment to actually mean that you made things available to us that we couldn't get from "dealers." And in a segment of boating that is essentially hotrodding, that is a very nice compliment to be paid.
It's like being able to get the "secret cam" from Isky.

Thanks for being here for us.

LKSD
11-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Jamie,
It could be interpretation. Actually, when I read the post, I took it as a huge compliment to you and your business that Donzi folks consider you to be "The Source" for things we can't get directly from the factory. I took his "back door" comment to actually mean that you made things available to us that we couldn't get from "dealers." And in a segment of boating that is essentially hotrodding, that is a very nice compliment to be paid.
It's like being able to get the "secret cam" from Isky.
Thanks for being here for us.

Thanks for the compliment & kind words.

I do deal directly with Donzi & their vendors as I am a an authorized Donzi shop account for custom, resto & parts, I just dont sell the boats. :propeller: Thats why I didn't get the back door thing, Up here it usually means shady. I as most know am a legit place & anything but shady. :drive:

I understand what you are saying, hope so & that could be. That is why I said from the get go that maybe I was misunderstanding the tone.. :) I also consider George to be a pal.. It's probably just a misunderstanding or misinterpretation Thats all.. :)

Jamie

oledawg
11-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Nuff misunderstandings on this site, I would not take what was said as anything negative. Maybe too many thin skins. I don't think that anyone meant to hurt your feelings. Me, I don't have any, so wouldn't have bothered me at all! Keep up the quality, fine work that I have seen posted on this site by you and your company.

Best,:odie:

LKSD
11-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Nuff misunderstandings on this site, I would not take what was said as anything negative. Maybe too many thin skins. I don't think that anyone meant to hurt your feelings. Me, I don't have any, so wouldn't have bothered me at all! Keep up the quality, fine work that I have seen posted on this site by you and your company.

Best,:odie:

Thanks.. Hopefully you are right. :) Jamie

gcarter
11-05-2009, 12:02 PM

Jamie / Lakeside
Jamie, I knew I shouldn't have posted that!!!!!
There's nothing to this.
I honestly thought, even though you're a real nice guy, that special ordering little bits and pieces was more a bother than it was worth financially to you. I'm aware that your typical customer spends a lot more than I do.
It also has been a bit of an irritation that the factory wouldn't deal or speak w/anyone, and unless a person knew you, or someone like you it seemed impossible to obtain the parts unique to these boats.
I never have understood the big disconnect at the factory. It seemed as though the factory was on Mars or something.
Jamie, let me make myself clear, I sincerely have appreciated what you've done for me, and if you remember, I've mentioned you and your services many times in my posts. Without your help, I wouldn't have been able to finish my projects.

RickSE
11-05-2009, 03:41 PM
...It also has been a bit of an irritation that the factory wouldn't deal or speak w/anyone, and unless a person knew you, or someone like you it seemed impossible to obtain the parts unique to these boats. I never have understood the big disconnect at the factory. It seemed as though the factory was on Mars or something.

I believe they were just trying to give the dealers a parts business and always made attempts to not compete. It seems obvious that times have changed and Donzi is now more interested in selling direct to the customers.

Josh, nice to see that you are not "gone" from Donzi like the OSO rumors stated. Is Mario still around? I remember Carrigan Sr. telling me several years ago that he and other folks at Donzi, who cared about the company, just wanted the company back in their hands. It seems that this has finally happened. Bring back the Miller Brothers movie productions or at least post the old ones on youtube.

Jamie, if you were at the back door then my Dad's business was in the basement.:wink:

LKSD
11-05-2009, 07:34 PM
I figured George...Just got you on the phone.....No harm....Have to go talk to you on the phone... :) Jamie

HOWARD O
11-05-2009, 08:24 PM
If I am reading this correctly, I am taking from it that perhaps owners of not only newer Donzi Classics but also owners of older classic Donzis aren't going to be the "forgotten ones" at Donzi Marine any longer? That would be a refreshing change and probably a change they won't be sorry for. :propeller:

CHACHI
11-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Josh, if i'm understanding/hearing/interpreting you correctly, your saying the Classic product line will be factory direct on new boats, parts, and accessories?

Jim
Less the dealer margin?

Planetwarmer
11-06-2009, 02:11 AM
I want to see the latest "gentleman's speedboat" that Donzi has to offer.:drive:

HOWARD O
11-06-2009, 06:40 AM
I want to see the latest "gentleman's speedboat" that Donzi has to offer.:drive:

Doh!!! We might not want to GO there! :hyper:

Shanghied Again
11-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Jamie / Lakeside
Hi Jamie. Please don't feel like Josh over stepped you.
When I was a dealer and even before, I was always good for coming up with ideas, changes on boats and even paint schemes that are now part of Donzi line up. Many ideas were used and some were not. Josh has always respected me for that and I always respected Josh for the pain staking job he had with Donzi.
When the Shelby Donzi 22 came out I sat with Josh and told him my oppinion, the boat was nice but needed to be more shelby like, the cockpit should have been designed like a Mustang Shelby, center console with throttles, Stereo above console, different style seats, Glove compartment and a richer looking interior. The engine cover should have been blue with the cobra emblem on her. Josh loved the idea. But like anything else its a money factor.
A lot of the boat schemes were designed in my office then sent to Jerry. The silver, Blue and purple 38 ZR was one, with the snake like skin on the silver line on the side. This boat is the one on Donzi Marine site for 38ZR and also the 38ZRC with 700s same color with a little different design. I designed a 43ZR totally custom all yellow with purple, orange, with a custom engine comaprtment. I was also on the commitee with Donzi when they had it for new and some Ideas.
I really got know Josh back in 2003 when we designed a Donzi 38ZX Daytona together for a customer that was one beautiful boat, Josh was a great help getting that project done and we have been great friends since.
Also my family has owned a Donzi since 1964 and my first boat was a 1972 Donzi 16. I was part of Donzi's family and I still am no matter what the future holds.
I also was a big part of the boat shows, not only selling for Typhoon but helping dealers that didn't know the product, so they can get a boat sold for Donzi.
Hope this clears this up. Jamie you are a great person and I know you have a love for Donzi.. I can only wish Josh the best and thank him for keeping the Classic line alive.

LKSD
11-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi Jamie. Please don't feel like Josh over stepped you.
When I was a dealer and even before, I was always good for coming up with ideas, changes on boats and even paint schemes that are now part of Donzi line up. Many ideas were used and some were not. Josh has always respected me for that and I always respected Josh for the pain staking job he had with Donzi.
When the Shelby Donzi 22 came out I sat with Josh and told him my oppinion, the boat was nice but needed to be more shelby like, the cockpit should have been designed like a Mustang Shelby, center console with throttles, Stereo above console, different style seats, Glove compartment and a richer looking interior. The engine cover should have been blue with the cobra emblem on her. Josh loved the idea. But like anything else its a money factor.
A lot of the boat schemes were designed in my office then sent to Jerry. The silver, Blue and purple 38 ZR was one, with the snake like skin on the silver line on the side. This boat is the one on Donzi Marine site for 38ZR and also the 38ZRC with 700s same color with a little different design. I designed a 43ZR totally custom all yellow with purple, orange, with a custom engine comaprtment. I was also on the commitee with Donzi when they had it for new and some Ideas.
I really got know Josh back in 2003 when we designed a Donzi 38ZX Daytona together for a customer that was one beautiful boat, Josh was a great help getting that project done and we have been great friends since.
Also my family has owned a Donzi since 1964 and my first boat was a 1972 Donzi 16. I was part of Donzi's family and I still am no matter what the future holds.
I also was a big part of the boat shows, not only selling for Typhoon but helping dealers that didn't know the product, so they can get a boat sold for Donzi.
Hope this clears this up. Jamie you are a great person and I know you have a love for Donzi.. I can only wish Josh the best and thank him for keeping the Classic line alive.

No worries, I have known Josh for a while too. No surprises here, I knew that Josh was working on this for many months now. I also have talked with Josh & recently John Walker the new CEO of Donzi.. John has thrown some ideas out there for me to consider. I am not sure what I will decide yet, but thats between Josh, John & myself.. ;)

I am aware of things changing down there, but not that much of it affects me in my normal course of business. The Donzi stuff that he/they will have to offer is only a small part of my overall business and or other endeavours that I am into with other business..

As you also know I dont just work on Donzi's at my shop.. I think you would agree if either of us in the boat industry had to soley rely on just one boat line these days to work on and do nothing else we would have bigger problems to worry about..

So I dont really feel over stepped.. To be honest as you probably already know there is not usually big money (profit) in most parts including most things related to Donzi's. The multiple different facets of my shop as well as my other business along with some other reasons are how I make my $$ ;)..

I got into the boat biz because of my love of boats. Im not saying I dont make a profit, but you have to love this biz to keep in it.. I'm sure you understand what I mean. :) It is not as easy as some think & it is also why I always try to keep growing other business, some boating related & others have nothing to do with boating at all.. I actually for years have still had my hand into some stuff with high end vehicles, but I have not publicized or pushed it too much other than a page on my site.. You know, the saying: don't put all your eggs in one basket thing.. ;)

As I also said I too am glad to see the factory's interest in continuing the classic lineup.. :)

I appreciate your input/opinion & my wife and I think highly of you as well..

On a different note, Hopefully I will get to rest today & go back to bed after finsihing up a few things here. I had a late one yesterday working in the damp weather & I am not feeling to great today.. I hope it is not that damn pig flu thing.. lol :eek!:

Jamie

seano
11-09-2009, 11:10 AM
This is great news!! Maybe they'll start offering the Donzi scripts... ;)