PDA

View Full Version : 24 ultra

KSDLBD
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM
should there be a thrust washer / line cutter bushing on these props for use on 270/ 280 drives; I just had mine rehubbed (for the 2nd time) and it does not look pretty.

penbroke
11-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Not sure what you've got going but you need the spacer (washer) to transfer the thrust from the prop to the shoulder on the prop shaft. I have a couple Ultras with different hubs and they require different spacers to on the shaft correctly.

Frank

maddad
11-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I had a 24" ultra on a 280 and used a washer and cut down spacer. The spacer was about .250". When I switched to a Solas prop, I needed to use the fish line cutter spacer, about .625".

mrfixxall
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Yheir should be a plactic washer behind the prop cone.:)

Forrest
11-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Ideally, you should use a Volvo-Penta Ultra Prop Propeller Cone. P/N 854232-6, but I'm not sure if they are still available anymore. A few years back, Volvo-Penta USA has a bunch of them in their warehouse, but I don't it they have them anymore. You might want to check with Jamie at Lakeside (see ad baner at top of page) for availability.

The Ultra Prop Propeller Cone is different than a standard Volvo prop cone. Besides being made of machined cast stainless steel, it is designed to clamp the prop on the hub and not the prop's body like the standard aluminum Volvo prop cone does. That way the prop doesn't try to loosen the prop cone, casuing another Ultra prop burial at sea.