PDA

View Full Version : Go vols!!!

Donzi Vol
10-31-2009, 11:47 PM
WAHOO! TN-31, SC-13. I'm cold and wet, but it was well worth it seeing my team play strong and consistent all the way to the end of the game! :yes:

cutwater
11-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Go Vols! I hate that we're to a point where beating South Carolina is a big deal, but a win over Spurrier is a win over Spurrier! Looks like we're back on track.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
11-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Good win. Now we get to listen to the local sportstalk radio callers trash the university for allowing the team to wear black jerseys. Go Vol Navy

Cuda
11-01-2009, 05:31 AM
The SEC Champion still has to beat Florida. Georgia couldn't do it, even though they switched to black helmets for the first time in school history. I think the Gators have beat them 17 out of the last 21 games. Tebow's parents were there and said they went to the UGA game on their first date in 1969, and they had been taking Timmy there since he was four. :)

Ghost
11-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Go Vols! I hate that we're to a point where beating South Carolina is a big deal, but a win over Spurrier is a win over Spurrier! Looks like we're back on track.

As a Redskins fan, I thought a win over Spurrier was just what everybody did. :)

WifeHatesMyDonzi
11-01-2009, 07:24 AM
As a Redskins fan, I thought a win over Spurrier was just what everybody did. :)
In the SEC he is still considered a god.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
11-01-2009, 07:26 AM
All of those years at Fla still linger in memory.

Donzi Vol
11-01-2009, 08:06 AM
I'll tell you this much. I've been to many games in Neyland Stadium, but I believe this game will stick out in my memory for a couple reasons. The Vols played hard the whole game, and beating Spurrier is always nice :yes:

Cuda
11-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Spurrier once said you can't spell Citrus (Bowl) without UT!:cool:

Barry Eller
11-01-2009, 09:59 AM
My Wife, Denise, is a UT Grad...My Mother-In-Law lives in Knoxville. Denise and her best friend in Knoxville, Gina, were on the phone with each other watching the game together...I had to ask Denise to "HOLD IT DOWN" a little...you would think she was trying to yell loud enough to be heard from Florida! How close to making the top 25 are we?

WifeHatesMyDonzi
11-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Will we break into the top 25? Good question, but even if we don't, I'm just happy that we are playing hard and playing all 4 quarters. Thats a change from the past couple of seasons. It looks like Kiffin is going to be a force to be dealt with in the near future. Good to have that to look forward to.

Just Say N20
11-01-2009, 11:35 AM
My daughter is at Michigan. How about that game? I think they secretly brought two teams. The first half was their PLAY WELL AND WIN squad. Second half, well, I'm not sure. When you can't get over in 4 tries from the 1' line, and then have 31 un-answered points. . . . :nilly:

Let's just say it was painful to watch.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
11-01-2009, 12:17 PM
My daughter is at Michigan. How about that game? I think they secretly brought two teams. The first half was their PLAY WELL AND WIN squad. Second half, well, I'm not sure. When you can't get over in 4 tries from the 1' line, and then have 31 un-answered points. . . . :nilly:

Yep, That was one crazy ass game.

Ghost
11-01-2009, 12:46 PM

Yep, That was one crazy ass game.

Yes. Freakish and painful.

BTW, I think Forcier is hurt, has been for the last few games. His brother has been saying that for a while, though the coaching staff has tried to downplay it. He certainly looks like his shoulder isn't right during the games.

Donzi Vol
11-01-2009, 01:31 PM
My Wife, Denise, is a UT Grad...My Mother-In-Law lives in Knoxville. Denise and her best friend in Knoxville, Gina, were on the phone with each other watching the game together...I had to ask Denise to "HOLD IT DOWN" a little...you would think she was trying to yell loud enough to be heard from Florida! How close to making the top 25 are we?

Haha...that's hilarious. That's the kind of girl I need to get ahold of! Not sure about the top 25 thing. I doubt we're knocking on the door, though. I have a good feeling about the SEC at this point, though. We'll see what happens.

When you all are in Knox, be sure to hit me up!

-David

cutwater
11-01-2009, 02:33 PM

Yeah, just like UT was a force to be reckoned with with Heath Shuler as quarterback. We all know how that turned out! What is it about those Redskins?!?! :bonk: :wink:

Ghost
11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah, just like UT was a force to be reckoned with with Heath Shuler as quarterback. We all know how that turned out! What is it about those Redskins?!?! :bonk: :wink:

Yikes, I had forgotten (or repressed) the whole Heath debacle. Hey, at least the Ravens are still keeping it interesting.

The Hedgehog
11-01-2009, 06:53 PM
The SEC Champion still has to beat Florida. Georgia couldn't do it, even though they switched to black helmets for the first time in school history. I think the Gators have beat them 17 out of the last 21 games. Tebow's parents were there and said they went to the UGA game on their first date in 1969, and they had been taking Timmy there since he was four. :)

Well now if you are counting, Alabama is a real southern school and has a record of 21-14 vs Florida. I am not sure what any of this has to do with the Vols though. Being a Bama guy Iam not the biggest Vols fan. Glad to see them beat the Cocks though. Nice job guys.

Phil S
11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
While I do live in SC, I am in the Clemson Territory section of it. We always like to see the Gamecocks get beat ! ;)

My heart is always with Kentucky though. We never have much a football season, but hoops season is right around the corner ! :cool:

Phil S

Cuda
11-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Well now if you are counting, Alabama is a real southern school and has a record of 21-14 vs Florida. .
What was Alabama's record last year vs the Gators? :cool:

Donzi Vol
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Being a Bama guy Iam not the biggest Vols fan.

Oh yeah, I don't believe I've thanked you for not rubbing it in last week. That one hurt...

The Hedgehog
11-01-2009, 08:28 PM
What was Alabama's record last year vs the Gators? :cool:

Hopefully not as bad as this upcoming SEC Championship Lol!

That being said. You can prob bet against Bama now that I bought tickets to the game. We will prob get beat by Aub or something horrible like that.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
11-02-2009, 05:09 AM
Hopefully not as bad as this upcoming SEC Championship Lol!

That being said. You can prob bet against Bama now that I bought tickets to the game. We will prob get beat by Aub or something horrible like that.
Bama just needs to get some offense in the mix and they will be alright. Maybe try Cody at QB.

BlownCrewCab
11-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Heath Shulers 900 acre farm (he recently sold it) is about 1 mile from my house, Donzi Vol- I took you over there on the Rhino, It's one of the first things he bought when he Came into Money, He Built a barn with an Indoor riding arena, an appartment, 15+ fully enclosed stalls, it's Amazing what money can buy. He bought a swamp buggy but didn't have a swamp--> So they Dug one. one month he'd be raising Paint horses, the next month he'd be raising cows.......

Donzi Vol
11-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Heath Shulers 900 acre farm (he recently sold it) is about 1 mile from my house, Donzi Vol- I took you over there on the Rhino, It's one of the first things he bought when he Came into Money, He Built a barn with an Indoor riding arena, an appartment, 15+ fully enclosed stalls, it's Amazing what money can buy. He bought a swamp buggy but didn't have a swamp--> So they Dug one. one month he'd be raising Paint horses, the next month he'd be raising cows.......

Oh I remember it! Cool stuff for sure! I didn't remember you telling me about the swamp thing. That's hilarious. Oh money...