PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Site Implosion ?

silverghost
10-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Most of you do not know me~ I joined this great Donzi site only a few months ago & soon bought my first Donzi the yellow "Benchseat 18 Conversion Project" from NJ.
I had always wanted to own a Donzi since I was a kid of 12 after first seeing , and falling in love, with a red 16 ~ Now I am a "Kid" at heart in his early 50s !
I finally have my first Donzi & wish to find another barrelback 18 !
One of the reasons I bought my first Donzi project was this great website I discovered in July.
There are many reasons that make it so great !
First is all the information that it contained~
Second and most important were the quality of the Donzi people on this site who are always eager to supply help & information to anyone who asked for help!
Now I logged in the other day to see that this site may be imploding !
Scott is gone & so is much of the helpful information he has contributed over ten years !
One by one many of the top members seem to be leaving also!
I have seen similar things happen to many car & collector clubs before!
Soon ten years of work & effort goes down the tubes~
Feelings & pride are hurt, and great friendships are lost~
Sometimes forever !
In the end it hurts the hobby and everyone associated with Donzi !
I don't pretend to know all that has transpired~
I do know that just before this week's events most of the fine members here were great friends!
What will happen now is anyone's guess~
As for me~
I believe that life is far too short and true friends are too few !
If you have had a friendship for years, especially one who has an interest and passion for Donzi, as everyone here does, we all should do everything we can to keep those friendships going !
People can disagree~
Feelings can get hurt~
But these things can always be patched-up.
Time will heal the wounds~
As for myself ~
I have made quite a few new great Donzi friends in the short time I have been a new member here~
Many I will only ever know as member posters on this website !
Distance, time, and logistics will often prevent a personal face-to-face meeting of Donzi friends we meet here~.
But the internet, and this great website, has changed the world for the better!
We all now have great new Donzi website friends worldwide who all share our love for these great Donzi speedboats !
I do hope that those friendships can continue through this great website ALL OF YOU have created !
If eveyone chooses to leave this website~ Donzi owners worldwide will have suffered a great tragic loss; not only for this Donzi website~
But for over ten years of friendships & great memories made here!
You will never be able to replace those friendships in another lifetime !
Just think about what those friendships have ment to you all these many years!
We may all have to put away our pride for the sake of those great friendships~
After all~
We are all human~
We have all made mistakes~
We have all been hurt & have hurt others before!
But we should do everything to fight to preserve those few Donzi friends we have !
They cannot be easily replaced !

Thank's for all your Donzi help and your friendship!
BRAD HUNTER
(Silverghost)

bzsmarina
11-01-2009, 07:45 AM
this is the reasion i left the site also. i understand why the poodle left. i dont want anything to do with it!!!!!!!! i have alot more info i could add but i do not care to. and also my dad now owns # 13 criter. but i will NEVER HELP THE SITE FIGURE IT OUT. with that said the reasion the poodle left is YOU! have fun donzi.net BZ :bonk:

bzsmarina
11-01-2009, 07:59 AM
and as for me saying you are thr reasion i ment that as the site so dont think i ment you silverghost. if i dont clarify it will be taken out of context.

Just Say N20
11-01-2009, 08:01 AM
You left the site, but are still apparently following it, and posting?

If I remember correctly, I welcomed you, and most of the people you were having a hard time with are the people that left.

bzsmarina
11-01-2009, 08:12 AM
oh their are some on here that are very nice as you. but as for being on here no i have not. today is the first time i have been here in over 2 months as my account will show i have not loged in sence the donzi monza thing. i just adding my thoughts. i have much better things to do than argue with people on the net. thanks h2o you have been very nice.

Carl C
11-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Scott B. did so much for me and others here that this really f**king hurts. I'm going to dig up his phone number this week and call him just to thank him and wish him well. Will I bail completely from this site? I still don't know. Silverghost, you do not know the gravity of this situation.:(

Cuda
11-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Silverghost, you do not know the gravity of this situation.:(
A boating site cannot be grave.

hardcrab
11-01-2009, 09:20 AM
i have alot more info i could add but i do not care to. and also my dad now owns # 13 criter. but i will NEVER HELP THE SITE FIGURE IT OUT. with that said the reasion the poodle left is YOU! have fun donzi.net BZ :bonk:
I don't kmow how this can be intereped other than an attitude problem - chill out,

Buddyc
11-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Can anyone state what happened in a couple of sentences? Im an objective party here and would just like to know what did happen.
One thing I do know is that it effects us on on the site if past posts were removed...

gcarter
11-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Like ALL companies and corporations have found out,
NO ONE is irreplaceable!
There's lots of other talent on this site.

While I like Scott, he's certainly not the reason I spend time here.
I bought some parts from him, also I was VERY grateful to him for lending me a set of dollies he wasn't using at the time.
I must say, the dollies changed my life. I quickly bought my own pair.
Scott has a unique wit, is very bright, and very hard working. I'm sure that Blanchard is successful today in these challenging times due largely to his tireless efforts. I won't say anything bad about him because I don't know anything bad to say.

But the sun doesn't rise and set on Scott Baxter.

Just like Donzi still exists today even though Don sold it soon after he started the company, Donzi.net will continue.
Questions will continue to be answered.
Resources will continue to be shared.
MOST of us will still be spending time here and being richer for it.

I think everyone should get over the decision Scott made.
It was his decision.
I'm sure Harbour Master probably has a little different outlook concerning the site.
I know very little about the differences of the two personalities since neither one of these folks are close personal friends, but I enjoy the company of each of them.

This site though, is an entity to itself since it's made up of over 9000 individual people. The thing that holds it all together is the enjoyment of Donzi boats.
Let's do ourselves a favor and get over this incident.

gcarter
11-01-2009, 10:07 AM
oh their are some on here that are very nice as you. but as for being on here no i have not. today is the first time i have been here in over 2 months as my account will show i have not loged in sence the donzi monza thing. i just adding my thoughts. i have much better things to do than argue with people on the net. thanks h2o you have been very nice.

There's a lot of other nice folks around here too if you would bother to find out.
One way to keep a clear head during long, argumentative, obnoxious threads is to ignore them when you see the direction they're going.
I actually don't know anything about the Monza thing since I never looked at it after about two pages when I saw it was accomplishing nothing.
It's easy to do.

LuauLounge
11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Greetings....
I joined this site only a few months ago...
I paid my dues last week.
I have a great group of friends that I have known for over 30 years.
We party, drink, argue, agree, disagree, party, drink, argue, argue..
One of the things that keeps us together is that we have a great time together. Most of the time the only thing we agree on that we disagree. We bitch and bitch, but who cares.
There is nothing that cannot be repaired....
If you hang around my wife, she will change sides on a subject, just to see if you are sincere.
There may more history on this than what I know, but when all is said and done..... We are all dead.

oledawg
11-02-2009, 05:35 AM
It is totally apparent that Mr. Carter is a thinking man and is sharing the most rational thoughts that I have encountered during this whole episode, what is done is done, can't be changed, make whatever decision that is your right to do, get it behind you, and get on with what this site is about, sharing with other Donzi owners. Blessings on all.

Cuda
11-02-2009, 06:02 AM
It is totally apparent that Mr. Carter is a thinking man .
That's an understatement! :)

Magicallbill
11-02-2009, 04:05 PM
I agree also..I have great respect for G.Carter and have enjoyed reading his take on things throughout the years.
I respectfully submit that he is underestimating Scott Baxter's contributions and overall influence on this site.
It is needless to go into all the things M.Poodle has done on so many levels for the site, the members and,in all probability,perfect strangers. I truly believe he himself has taken it beyond a Donzi info source. His combination of (as George said) "unique wit", work ethic,his giving of his time and knowledge....I consider this irreplaceable.
Heck, whenever a hurricane drew near, I ignored the Weather Channel and just read his updates. Truly a gifted and incredible dude.
Taken together with the dry wit and vast experience of Buzilla
The unparalleled historic knowledge of Matty..
The coolness and "vibe" of Lenny..
And Bertram Boy..Another great storehouse of info..
This website has lost a lot.

I am going down a "Slippery Slope" here and don't want to in any way infer that there are no more icons, or relevant contributors left. I have just disagreed with one of the best and He's still here.
Nor am I going to bash the Harbormaster as he has certainly done a lot of things right. I am a rock-n-roll musician, not a webmaster and I'm not qualified to tell him his business.
(Except for one thing..)

If I were him, I'd be making some phone calls...

fasttrucker
11-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Can anyone state what happened in a couple of sentences? Im an objective party here and would just like to know what did happen.
One thing I do know is that it effects us on on the site if past posts were removed...
Ok,Ill try......Someone was dishonest(buying and selling donzi,s)
someone was using different names,running a con
Someone didnt like it
money was ...............
Someone got mad
someone left the site
somefolks took sides
and left the site too.
I think (maybe) I have it all wrong here?

Just Say N20
11-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Ok,Ill try......Someone was accused of being dishonest (buying and selling donzis)
It was also suggested someone was using different names, running a con
Someone (or several someones) didnt like it
money was ...............
Someone and like minded others got mad
someone and like minded others left the site
some folks took sides
and left the site too.
I think (maybe) I have it all wrong here?

Edited above in red, as most of us weren't personally involved.

I also don't believe this was the "real" reason. I got the feeling it was more of a "final straw" issue that when combined with some other, pre-existing stuff, put it over the top.

Bamboo Loui
11-03-2009, 04:23 PM
you have to be right- I have been watching this for some time and also noticed a slight change in demeaner in different folks in the weeks prior. something was brewing.
For me, I am staying and look forward to a long relationship with those yet for me to meet. There is a lot of new great things for these classics and for Donzi boats. We can contribute too.
G carter has said allot to this point. Hope Grizz sticks around too.
there are a buch of really good and nice people here. I am pretty new but have been contacted by a good bunch of great guys.

Sweet Cheekz
11-03-2009, 04:47 PM
As far as I can tell Jim asked for an apology and has not quit Matty stated he agreed with Jim but didn't say he was leaving The others you listed did.
Parnell

oledawg
11-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Nuff!

fasttrucker
11-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Edited above in red, as most of us weren't personally involved.

I also don't believe this was the "real" reason. I got the feeling it was more of a "final straw" issue that when combined with some other, pre-existing stuff, put it over the top.
Thanks for adding the red stuff.It took me a little bit of guts to post what I did and like I said,maybe I did not get it right!