PDA

View Full Version : New Donzi ZX

Dr. David Fleming
10-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Did anyone buy a new ZX and remember if they came with standard equipment? Did Donzi furnish dock lines, anchor, cuddy cushions, fire extinguisher, flares etc. I assume they came with an owners manual and instruction sheets in notebook or folder? Thanks

Dr. d

Mr X
10-30-2009, 09:14 PM
None of the above. If you registered with Z care....sometimes you were sent dock lines as a thank you.

In the red
10-31-2009, 08:20 AM
I just bought a 2006 and the previous owner gave me a nice black cordura bag with Donzi embroidered on it that holds the owners manual and the paperwork on all the installed options.
(Trim tabs, Gauges, radio etc.) He got it with the boat.

rtgogo
10-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Congratulations on the new purchase. Welcome to the family.

FISHIN SUCKS
10-31-2009, 12:47 PM
I wondered this same question. Thanx for the response Mr. X.

So was there a 'pillow option'? I know it sounds wierd, but I noticed a 28ZXO on ebay with the same shape pillows that came in our boat. Wish I could get my hands on an owners manual.

DonziJosh
10-31-2009, 02:10 PM
In addition to the black embroidered Donzi bag that contained all the boat's manuals, the dockline program was in place for a number of years. After the Z-Care program ended, once your warranty registration card was submitted to the factory you were sent an owners survey. Once you completed and returned the survey to Donzi an order was placed for docklines, which came from a company in Minnesota called Regal Connections. If any of those steps failed to occur (and even getting dealers to submit warranty registration cards is sometimes a problem) nothing happened. This program was more recently replaced by a gift bag program that commenced with 2009 boats. Upon registration, you receive a "Donzi Owners Exclusive" duffel bag with beach towels, license plate, Donzi mugs, etc.

At one time the ZXs came with a fairly comprehensive binder-style manual that was created by the Donzi engineering department. Contact Chuck Wagner, Donzi's director of customer service, at 941.727.0622, to see if he can get you one.

Good luck!

DonziJosh
10-31-2009, 02:12 PM
I wondered this same question. Thanx for the response Mr. X.

So was there a 'pillow option'? I know it sounds wierd, but I noticed a 28ZXO on ebay with the same shape pillows that came in our boat. Wish I could get my hands on an owners manual.

Yes, "color-matched pillows, (5)" was and still is an option on many models!

Last Tango
10-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the excellent replies from Mr. X and DonziJosh. Those were my exact experiences with my last three new Donzi's (1999 Classic 16, 2001 Classic 18, and 2006 22ZX).

Mr X
10-31-2009, 09:39 PM
None of the above. If you registered with Z care....sometimes you were sent dock lines as a thank you.
I should clear up my first post ....
I was refering to the CG safty equipment and such.
Obviously the owners manuals and black bag are included.
Sorry to not be more specific.

FISHIN SUCKS
11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Yes, "color-matched pillows, (5)" was and still is an option on many models!
Many Thanx Josh on the clarification!!! I only have 2 pillows left, must be someone else liked them too. Thanx for the tip on Chuck, I'll see if I can reach him.