PDA

View Full Version : I have to get something off my chest....

BUIZILLA
10-30-2009, 07:38 PM
fellow members...

a lot of you I don't know, but about 125-150 I have met... probably 90% of the daily readers...

I have been around this DONZI heritage since it began in the mid 60's... I used to ski in the very canal the first factory was located in, in the late 60's... before I even had a drivers license... my neighbor's had 16's, 18's, 19's, 21's, 28's...

I have a fine appreciation for the brand, and it's loyal following, I have had as many as 4 at one time in the stable.

I, most of all, really enjoy the people that attend events & shows

I used to enjoy this board, the sharing of information, the humor and jokes, the good and the bad

Being a Type A personality person, I have strong convictions. I am not afraid to voice an opinion. I am also not afraid to admit wrong from right. I will stand my ground on integrity points, and counterpoints.

Lately, I have been VERY disenchanted with some behaviors, and the resultant dissappointing results we have seen the last couple weeks. My appreciation of the brand goes deep, deep, deep. I am passionate about accurate, and honest facts. I am adamant about truth. I want to see history preserved in the same fashion. I do business no other way.

I abhor BS artists, scammers, liars, fact benders, profiteer's, ad nauseum... I have been backdoored on purchases here by unscrupulous other members....

I have helped other members join/upgrade the brand... other members have unselfishly helped me. I have climbed in many a bilge to make sure boats ran at events...

Where am I going with this.... the departure of Scott B. troubles me deeply, more than any even know. I, personally, feel he was wronged here, so much so i'm willing to be removed from this board for this post of my opinion, if the board owner, HM, even remotely disagree's. I have been on my cell over 350 minutes in the last 2 days getting answers.. I have known Mr. B over 40 years... I feel I know enough of the straight story by now.

HM, I believe you handled this with SB wrong. Very wrong. He gave countless HUNDREDS of hours of his time to support you, other members here, vendors, sponsors, friends, yada yada..... for almost 10 years... 10 damn years of his life helping YOU... and you act like you don't appreciate a second of it... all of his time didn't cost you a dime, not a dime.... in fact, he saved you countless THOUSANDS of dollars and headaches by being as involved as he was.... everybody he came in contact with that was a Donzi enthusiast he sent here... and you directly profited from some of that, as did your current employer.... his heart was in making this the best board it could be. He sent the board money EVERY time you asked. So did I. His motto was that integrity and honesty here was paramount above all. One that heritage and accuracy was foremost important. One that showed that we weren't going to tolerate ebay crap, duplication, dishonest dealings, monetary felony activity, backdoor shenanigan's, lying, stealing, misadvertising, cheating of members.... yada yada

I'm the one that suggested that the LGCDC start an annual Ambassador's Award, and he be the first recipient. The LG club did it. He damn well deserved it.

And you had the gall to tell him and other's this week he was a *nothing*... you also told me that too, 3 weeks ago... you have to be kidding me here,,,, have you no thankfullness and basic appreciation for a person that gets up every morning at 4:30am and makes sure things are cool here by 5am?? hell, you don't even do that, and you collect the money...

You stuck a knife right through his heart... and i'm REAL pissed off about it.

So, he wiped out literally 40 years of his accumulated info here. Info he worked hard to get, he paid for, he collected, and he libraried. All this info was to better YOUR board. What a shame, but IMO, he did the right thing.

Without him, this board would have fallen over 5 years ago.... he was the cement of the bondage... you treated him like crap this week. And that's my opinion. I'm not the only one that feels that way though...

Then you POOF the only 2 threads today that showed support and respect for him? you could have easily edited the trash if needed, and left them out there, no harm no foul... but nope, you intentionally crashed them....

You wiped out people's thoughtful support, and honest feelings. My God man, get a grip...

He's a much relieved, happier person today. He's done. You'll NEVER insult him again, I guarantee you that...

You owe Scott Baxter, IMO, at the very least, a sincere public apology. You owe him a big Thank You for what he has done for YOU, and everyone else around here. You owe him public recognition for his hard work, regardless of whether he returns or not.

It's just the right thing to do.

If you can't do that, please delete our account.

Jim & Janice Haas

boxy
10-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Well said Jim. I agree 100%.

Marlin275
10-30-2009, 07:59 PM
You owe him public recognition for his hard work, regardless of whether he returns or not.

This gives some hope . . .

mrfixxall
10-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Well said jim,,,

AMEN

Genuine Risk
10-30-2009, 08:04 PM
It was six , no more, gentlemen, who crossed swords on a questionable topic. There was little or no oversight as the vitriol spiraled out of control. You now have a board that limits information to its members and the loss of one of its cornerstones. His information is no longer available. We're all poorer for it. I'm gone. You won't miss me. You'll miss him. Don't reply I won't see it.

Harbor Master your governess is short sighted at best. You own it . It lays at your feet.

harbormaster
10-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi Jim,

First of all I respect Scott Baxter as an individual and a friend. I will always consider him a friend and hold in higest regards.

Here is my version of this "incident".

I have you Scott, and a few other people that wanted to kick Donzi Racer off of the site for him flipping boats. According to some folks, There was some question as to his honesty in advertising. I did not see this BUT I had not seen the ads. I wanted to give the guy a fair chance. a few folks gave me the 300 dollars to refund to Donzi Racer. He had asked in the past to sell boats and paid a 300.00 donation to do so.

I told Donzi Racer to cease and desist selling boats. I said he could remain a member as long as he kept a low profile and stayed out of trouble. Scott did not agree with this. I felt like it was a fair thing to do.

A couple days ago Bob Schorssh called me and told me about a thread in the boats for sale section started innocently by "just say n20". In the thread folks were lynching Donzi Racer over an Ad on EBAY. According to Bob He had to sell his Criterion because of some family health problems. He had noticed that Donzi Racer had some luck in selling boats. Bob contacted Donzi racer about selling Criterion on EBAY.

I killed the thread. I would do so for anythread that was ripping anyone apart. I refuse to let anyone do this.

I called Scott on the phone that night and told him why I did what I did. He wanted to me to get rid of Donzi Racer for his Ad on Ebay. I told him I would not do it. I am not policing people over what they do elsewhere.
Scott said He did not agree. I said I respected that but I would hope he would try to understand my point of view.

That next day I was called by Donzi Weasel while at work and he told me that Scott Baxter was gone. I went to the site and noticed that Scott had used his Adminstrator rights which I had trusted him with to delete all of his posts. End of story. I went ahead and deleted Donzi Racers account and told Todd Somerville to let Scott Know. He never called me.

Now after reading all of this If any of you think I am a B@stard then you are welcome to feel that way. In fact you are even welcome to call me at my office 713-910-2000 or cell 713-898-898-0605 to do so.

Did anyone ever remember that we boat as stress relief? This site is also for stress relief.

Now lets go play with our boats.

jl1962
10-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Gentlemen-

Here's one of my favorite pictures. About 40,000 posts, lots of wisdom and generosity represented here. Let's all take a deep breath and remember why we do this and why we care.

Peace

MadPoodle
10-30-2009, 08:39 PM
a few folks gave me the 300 dollars to refund to Donzi Racer. He had asked in the past to sell boats and paid a 300.00 donation to do so.

I gave you 300.00 by myself to repay dr, at that time you told me he would be gone. How many others sent you money for that? DId you actually send him the money? By the way, that was one of the lies he was publicly caught in, he posted he sent three times what you asked for, when I asked you how much you told him he needed to pay you told me 300.00.

You called me and laid down the law according to HM Tuesday night, I have the cel record. I stayed up the night, and continued to chew on what I wished to do all day Wed, then wed night and thurs am I deleted MY stuff. So no way DW could have called you the next day. As far as calling you, not my job, if you were at all concerned you might have called, hell you have my 800 # at the office, you don't have to pay for the call..

I'm done, as I said. But I was not going to leave these twisted truths out there without rebuttal. CYA..

Poodle

Lenny
10-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Harbormaster, thanks for the call the other night.

I wish you well with your site. Thanks for yours' and Kimmys' friendship in Houston in 2002.

I can also say that you are 100% out of line. And yes, I know the story and the background, even all the stuff you did not post.

As Genuine Risk said, and so well, "do not reply to me, I am gone", well, Deneen and I are gone. I will hang with the friends I have made over the years and continue to do so elsewhere.

DELETE all my POSTS please since 2000 or I will...

I no longer exist in this $hithouse.

nice work

BYE

roadtrip se
10-30-2009, 08:56 PM
when we talked yesterday Scott V. You agreed to shut DR down, finally. It appeared as if you were listening, and perhaps you would do the next logical thing and attempt to make amends with MP.

You expect him to call you? Please.

Then you delete all conversation in regards to it this afternoon. Yes, I was out of line to poke a stick at my little fish buddy, but the point was to make an example out of it, as this would be something you would never see normally with MP at the sticks, it would be gone before it started. I hoped that you would miss his services.

You lost me this afternoon for good.

Please delete my account as well, as others have requested.

Bye,

Todd

Carl C
10-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Thank you Buizilla. You are probably the only one who could have gotten away with that post. HM & Scott, thank you for explaining things a bit and for leaving this up for a while anyway. Scot, Mr.B was the one holding this site together. He was taking care of things everyday. He is so cool and you let him get away. I bet he is glad to be done with all of that work and time and pressure. Chances are I won't post much here anymore. I don't know.

harbormaster
10-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi Scott,

I thought you had said that you and and others caqme up with the money. And yes. John Pearson did call me and said you were gone.
feel free to call him and verify.

Yes I have tried to send Donzi Racers money back to him. Its still sitting in Paypal. I do not have to lie. I will be more than happy to forward the email I sent since his email he registered on the registry with does not work with paypal. I also tried to call him. The phone number on record has also been disconnected. I have emailed him and am waiting for a reply.

As for calling you I decided to give you some space since John Pearson told me that your mom had a heart attack. I felt that you had some more important things on your mind than a stupid website.

You are always welcome here and or for that matter my home, and I have had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach since all this crap started.

Highest regards and always your friend,
Scot

BlownCrewCab
10-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Gentlemen-

Here's one of my favorite pictures. About 40,000 posts, lots of wisdom and generosity represented here. Let's all take a deep breath and remember why we do this and why we care.

Peace

Whos the Peeps in the Pic??? (in order please)

Donziweasel
10-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Whatever was said between Scot V and Scott B. that started this happened Tuesday night. I spoke with Scott B. Wed. morning. I called him. Scot V. called me shortly after that about something else. We spoke very briefly about Scott B., but the majority of the call was about me and N2O. I then spoke to Scott B. again that morning. I called him. Of course I was receiving many calls along with these. I spoke to Scot V. again twice yesterday, once in the morning and once slightly after lunch. He called me in the morning, I called him that afternoon. During the 4th call I did mention Scott B. was gone. Scott B. had been gone for while already, it was hardly confidential knowledge at that point. I then spoke with Scott B. yesterday evening about other things. I called him and left a message, he called me back. That is how it happened, I am not hiding anything. It was two days after whatever transpired Tuesday night between them. Scott B. is right, I did not call Scot V. the day after thier private discussion about Scott B. leaving, it was two days later. Why is the chain of events in question?

For those of you wondering who this John Pearson Scot V keeps alluding to, that would be me.

Most of what I spoke to Scott B. about had nothing to do with any of this. That is the kind of guy he is. All hell is breaking loose here, and yet we put it aside to speak of other things that were important to us as freinds, not members of a chat board. We have some very similar stuff going on right now outside of this board or the Donzi community. It was DAMN nice to speak to someone who understood some of the stuff I have gone through and continue to go through. I haven't had a chance to speak about it much with anyone, and it was really nice to have Mr. Baxter ear and I hope he feels the same about me.

I think it might be time to move on. There are other Donzi sites and without Scott Baxter here, it won't be the same.

Scot V., since we are throwing out things said outside this board, I would like to say this. You told me Scott B. was "nothing more than a helper". " Nothing more". I challenged you on this and said he was more than that and I thought you knew it. You once again reiterated that to you, he was "nothing but a helper". This upset me more than the rest of this mess combined. How many of you think Scott B. is just a helper on this site? I can not tell you how much this pissed me off.

I was a upset at the "poof" of the two threads in which we got to say a little something about how much Scott had done for all of us and the Donzi community. The thread got sidetracked, but as Jim said, it could have been cleaned up. Ignoring what happened does not make the problem go away. It was a chance for us to come together as a cohesive group, something this board has not been in a long time. And it it "poof" just like that. I think that was very insulting.

I have contributed to this site, more than is required. I have made many freinds, and have had the pleasure of meeting some of you. Some of you have traveled great distances to visit me in this amazing place I live.It has been worth every dime. I am going to take a break, like many of you. My door is always open to ANY member here or other sites if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods.

Jim, thank you for saying what many of us are thinking, but will not say. That was the gutsiest thing I have ever read on here. Thanks again.

Marlin275
10-30-2009, 09:28 PM
There has to be some way to work this out . . .

This is the best boating site on the web
so much of our lives are invested in this passion.

Seems everyone is willing to talk
and with a little understanding . . .

Wiser words?
People who are involved in a conflict and secretly know they are wrong
will often not admit that they are wrong because they don’t want to admit they made a mistake.
They therefore continue the conflict, just to avoid the embarrassment of looking bad.

It is important to allow one’s opponents to make concessions gracefully
without having to admit that they made a mistake or backed down.

... focus more on what is gained than on what is lost.

Leaving a way out is a time-honored precept.

harbormaster
10-30-2009, 09:29 PM
damn guys. all because i wanted to give someone another chance.
OK guys. I wish you all well. You are always welcome here. the donzi community was fortunate to have a great main source for info. Now we are fragmented. I hope you all will reconsider.

Anyone else want to speak up? Anyone have anything nice to say?:wink:

Scot

The Hedgehog
10-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Fankly I am glad I am on vacation. All is what I know is I few details from some folks I really respect. I hold the opinion of Weasel, Buizilla Poodle in high regard. I don' judge but am very concerned. I could not 'magine the sight without te likes of them and others like Lenny and SE. Hedge will speak more when I am not on a marina with a Blackberry.

BlownCrewCab
10-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Fankly I am glad I am on vacation. All is what I know is I few details from some folks I really respect. I hold the opinion of Weasel, Buizilla Poodle in high regard. I don' judge but am very concerned. I could not 'magine the sight without te likes of them and others like Lenny and SE. Hedge will speak more when I am not on a marina with a Blackberry.

Oh, I thought you where Drinking.......Sorry......:)

BERTRAM BOY
10-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I've been out of touch for a little while. I've been taking the week to put thousands of miles on the car shuttling outdrives up and down the Eastcoast,

visiting friends that are having some "challenging" times, and just taking some time to visit some of the best friends I've ever had. All people that I've met through this site.

Sorry, I'm out too.

Scott B. and Mr. Haas are the big brother's I never had.

I stand by my friends.

Adios

smokediver
10-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I am done as well .. Scott is one of the most stand up people I have ever met ... I don't really know what happened and don't need to look any further than the people leaving that something isn't right ..

The Hedgehog
10-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh, I thought you where Drinking.......Sorry......:)

You are right. I am. I won't say much. I have met some neat people from this sight and don't want to see that go away. Had a great guy named Jim Haas pick us uo the other day and join us for dinner. Met some good friends here over the years.

Just Say N20
10-30-2009, 10:47 PM
This is a boating enthusiast site. One of its biggest draws/assets is the amount of information that is available for like minded people to help them with whatever Donzi project they are working on. People with the knowledge seem more than willing to share what they know to help others. Many times addressing the same issue over and over and over again.

There are several on the site who are irreplaceable resources, Mad Poodle being probably one of the most significant, along with mrfixxal, buizilla, matty, biggrizz, gcarter to name just a few others who donate a lot of time in the form of answering questions to help people out.

Obviously Mad Poodle, who I unfortunately have never met personally, other than a few pm's back and forth, shared this brand loyalty and desire to help everyone/anyone. If this weren't the case, he wouldn't have invested so much time behind the scenes, and taken the time to accumulate over 15,000 posts.

This isn't about me, but as long as we are "clearing the air" I was sucked into a small part of it. Seems I had the audacity to post that my personal experiences with one of the involved members really didn't match what people were saying about him.

I have heard the word integrity used a lot recently. I thought that's what I was doing. I would do the same for anyone else that I had first hand personal experience with, if what was being said about them publicly, contradicted my personal experience with that person.

This site is here for Donzi enthusiasts. Mad Poodle was as helpful and supportive as anyone one the site, for those Donzi enthusiasts. Perhaps he got burned out dealing with it. I don't know. I haven't spoken to him.

But I have a question, and it might upset some people. I'm not going to argue that all the information Mad Poodle contributed isn't his "intellectual property." Of course it is.

So my question is, who benefits from him deleting all that information?

It certainly hurts the website, as it is a tremendous loss. But the whole idea behind this website is the PEOPLE who use it. He thought it was important enough to contribute originally. I can't see who it benefits by being deleted. But I can see who it hurts. The hundreds, or maybe thousands of PEOPLE who come to this site for help. By deleting all the posts, all those people, who had absolutely nothing to do with any of this, have lost a tremendous resource. That is very unfortunate.

And, NOBODY ever wins in the "He said vs. He said" situations. The only people involved can't agree on what was said, much less what was meant.

So where do WE go from here? I have heard a lot of long time members say they are leaving. Certainly their right. Unfortunately this is more loss to the PEOPLE who come here seeking information and friendships.

And, as I read what Harbormaster wrote, addressing people, including Mad Poodle, I didn't hear any hateful, "get even with them," "I'll show you" type of attitude. I guess it would be within his rights to say, screw it, and turn off the site. I'm sure it has also been a pain in the butt for him, and countless hours away from his family and personal money to keep it going.

I have enjoyed this site greatly, and it has been extremely helpful. I wish Poodle would come back. This site has been WAY more enjoyable than most of the other enthusiast sites I have been on, and I suspect he had a lot to do with that.

So, is it worth "saving?" I think so. I would encourage the people who have "left" to take some time and think about why they come here. And why they want to leave.

Jraysray
10-30-2009, 11:37 PM
So,
Who gets custody of the kids? Im sure this will splinter off into another site and the alliances have been set.

Mr. Poodle did issue an exit post and I do appreciate that.

Jeannette and I will not choose sides here however we hope to reserve the right to make more friends in the future. SO wherever that might be I (we) do look forward to it.

All I know is that I hold dear the friends I have made at this site and hope to make more.

I will remain a member here and I hope to have the oppertunity to do the same elsewere.

This is a sad day.

Rob M
10-31-2009, 12:34 AM
This is unfortunate.

Regardless of what went down, we all lose alot here.

A core group is choosing to walk - people I have picked up alot of great info from over almost a decade of visiting this site.

I hope cooler heads will prevail over time. Friendships will be mended and this site will continue to grow.

One thing is certain, the Donzi brand endures and hopefully our community of devotees (new and old) can come back together over time.

We will all be better off if they do.

Donzi Vol
10-31-2009, 01:14 AM
I really hate to see all this. Poodle’s gone, Buiz is pissed, Harbormaster is dodging bullets, and Racer is now a “guest.” Sad day…sucks for sure. I’m not going to take any sides or stir the pot, because you long-time members have a lot more to say than I do. But I have to say that I respect Harbormaster who has had to make some unpopular choices in the last couple days and stick to them. I’ve been in similar spots and it’s no fun. I couldn’t imagine that Harbormaster would eagerly make a decision that could possibly hurt the website that he started.

Cuda
10-31-2009, 04:58 AM
when we talked yesterday Scott V. You agreed to shut DR down, finally. It appeared as if you were listening, and perhaps you would do the next logical thing and attempt to make amends with MP.
You expect him to call you? Please.
Then you delete all conversation in regards to it this afternoon. Yes, I was out of line to poke a stick at my little fish buddy, but the point was to make an example out of it, as this would be something you would never see normally with MP at the sticks, it would be gone before it started. I hoped that you would miss his services.
You lost me this afternoon for good.
Please delete my account as well, as others have requested.
Bye,
Todd
You just couldn't resist another poke at me. I stand by eveything I PM'd you. You are the worst kind of scum to evern bring it up.

Scott B, I never meant to question your integrity. I think of you as a helpful stand up person.

Donzi_Dude
10-31-2009, 06:06 AM
the mess is not about Scott and Scott. its about mis-guided knowldge, egos and attitudes. this mess is not about a thread with a boat for sale. its about something that has been going on since i made my return this year.

the members here have nobody to blame for the loss of the Poodle but themselves. they probably will never admit it.

people need to be accountable for their actions here. some wanted others to be accountable while they themselves where not being held.

look in the mirror like the Poodle and you may see something you dont like.

it was a selfish act for him to delete his posts. will i hold it against him? NO! the man was played for pickle in the middle and couldnt take it any longer.

some people need to move on and should have long ago. the ones with true integrity will wait for the storm to pass and continue to do the rite thing, others will stomp their feet and walk off.

what will you do?

Donzi_Dude
10-31-2009, 06:16 AM
That is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Since your "return", you have done nothing but disrespect Poodle and quarral with members, including Jim. Your observations are biased and retarded at best.

truth hurts, dont it?

:yes:

you must have passed right by that mirror.

gcarter
10-31-2009, 06:27 AM
Why doesn't everyone here take a deep breath and wait six months?
There have been these spats before.
I can remember at least two other attempts to recreate this site elsewhere.
Folks deleted their info, contributions, and started at least two other forums.
I think if you check, they largely failed and the people are, or have been, back here.
I think there's plenty for everyone to learn from this experience.
I'm sticking around. I'll continue to support this site in any way I can, not out of disrespect to the rest, or because I think Scot is right, but because, in the end, this is where the core of the love of the brand resides.
It's kind of like political and church affiliations, I don't necessarily agree w/everything that is said or done, but it's where I belong.
I hope to see the ones leaving at upcoming events when the "ETERNAL PROJECT" is finished. I also hope they'll talk to me.
OK everyone, take a deep breath and count to 5000.

Team Jefe
10-31-2009, 08:11 AM
WOW....what does one do when his FAMILY is falling apart?????

I agree with GC...still I have had alot of experience with families that have fallen apart. There is only one thing to do.....Move Forward

I love and respect everyone who is in the middle of this....I consider you all FAMILY and my heart is broken (which seems to be happening alot over the past couple of years)

I didn't tow a 10,000lb boat 36 straight hours to Winni to be in a Poker Run......I went to see my FAMILY

I didn't go to AOTH becasue Lake Cumberland is so pretty.....I went for FAMILY (and am still sick about missing this year's event)

I didn't fly to Florida last december to go to a college graduation party.....I went to celebrate with my FAMILY

I didn't drive all night July 4th to Lake Lanier to ride in a Donzi Criterion...I went to visit my FAMILY

Like all families we are going to disagree about things and unpopular decisions have to be made.....Many, Many unpopular decisions have been made in the past few days. I don't know the details and I probably never will. Still, from what has been posted here I can say this:

Scott B - Van A runs this website and runs it in the best way he knows how, and sometimes that will be in contradiction to the way you, Jim, Todd, Cliff, Steve, John......and JEFE feel it should be run.

Scot Van A - Poodle is MUCH, MUCH More than just a helper and he has been there for you more than any of the rest of us. How you handle that is your decision...NOBODY including me should tell you what to do or how to run this site, but perhaps some further conversation is warranted.

For everybody else, choosing to leave is your right as a free American. I just wish you would reconsider becasue this place is not about any one individually.....is about all of us......FAMILY.

olredalert
10-31-2009, 08:33 AM
------I have seen many people come and go on the DONZI Registry and stuck around mainly because of the good friends that have been made over these past many years. When those friends are largely gone its time to make some decisions. So far Ive mostly just ignored several people that I didnt particularly enjoy and that has worked for me up until now, but I just cant sweep all that has happened lately under the carpet. Im going to say "bye" as well. I dont feel like my posts are probably important enough to delete, but you can do whatever you feel like, Scot........Bill S

dfunde01
10-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Pride

Just Say N20
10-31-2009, 09:20 AM
There have been these spats before.
I can remember at least two other attempts to recreate this site elsewhere.
Folks deleted their info, contributions, and started at least two other forums.
I think if you check, they largely failed and the people are, or have been, back here.
I'm sticking around. I'll continue to support this site in any way I can, not out of disrespect to the rest, or because I think Scot is right, but because, in the end, this is where the core of the love of the brand resides.
It's kind of like political and church affiliations, I don't necessarily agree w/everything that is said or done, but it's where I belong.
I hope to see the ones leaving at upcoming events when the "ETERNAL PROJECT" is finished. I also hope they'll talk to me.
OK everyone, take a deep breath and count to 5000.

Excellently stated George.

Just Say N20
10-31-2009, 09:23 AM
FWIW, I'm staying.

mike o
10-31-2009, 09:54 AM

I agree with GC...still I have had alot of experience with families that have fallen apart. There is only one thing to do.....Move Forward

I love and respect everyone who is in the middle of this....I consider you all FAMILY and my heart is broken (which seems to be happening alot over the past couple of years)

I didn't tow a 10,000lb boat 36 straight hours to Winni to be in a Poker Run......I went to see my FAMILY

I didn't go to AOTH becasue Lake Cumberland is so pretty.....I went for FAMILY (and am still sick about missing this year's event)

I didn't fly to Florida last december to go to a college graduation party.....I went to celebrate with my FAMILY

I didn't drive all night July 4th to Lake Lanier to ride in a Donzi Criterion...I went to visit my FAMILY

Like all families we are going to disagree about things and unpopular decisions have to be made.....Many, Many unpopular decisions have been made in the past few days. I don't know the details and I probably never will. Still, from what has been posted here I can say this:

Scott B - Van A runs this website and runs it in the best way he knows how, and sometimes that will be in contradiction to the way you, Jim, Todd, Cliff, Steve, John......and JEFE feel it should be run.

Scot Van A - Poodle is MUCH, MUCH More than just a helper and he has been there for you more than any of the rest of us. How you handle that is your decision...NOBODY including me should tell you what to do or how to run this site, but perhaps some further conversation is warranted.

For everybody else, choosing to leave is your right as a free American. I just wish you would reconsider becasue this place is not about any one individually.....is about all of us......FAMILY.Yes sir, Jefe, this true. I attended 3 events this year and this crystal clear. But here within possibly lies the problem. HM...This site is unique for it honesty and integrity of information thats on this site. That has always come FIRST, wheather is wintrizing engine's or crankshafts. One members marketing methods selling boats, came into question by some of the most knowledgeable member's here. And I feel that some senior, knowledgeable members where looking out for the Best interest of this site. I admire these folks who will lay it all on the line for this cause which is Donzi.net. Like Lenny's post about "integrety" in the thread that was deleted yesterday, It "IS" really the issue here. I feel you should return those threads (minus) the tiff between 2 members. Just to be fair to all that missed it. So where everybodys on the same page, if you really care. I have never met Mr. Blanchard and I am sorry to here about his mother, I hope she's doing well. It is true this place isn't about one person. But it's pretty crystal clear to ME and folks walking away from here....that Scott Blanchard is pretty much the captain, heart and soul, CEO, or the Glue of this site.... From what Ive seen in my 3-4 yrs, anyway, and his tireless efforts to keep this site to the highest standards. The good guy's NOT suppose to die in the movies. If ya know what I mean. As far as your feeling towards his contributions to your site. Well, thats between the 2 of you.... and only the 2 of you can fix it..... I hope you do...... M

Carl C
10-31-2009, 10:03 AM
:frown:It's not about leaving in protest. It is because Scott B. kept this site running smoothly. I don't want to deal with a bunch of fighting and nastiness. This was the first internet forum that I joined and I had a rocky start because I didn't know all of the etiquette and so on of posting. Both Scotts helped me through that. Scott put so much work into this site. Nasty posts would usually be gone within hours. He was so on top of it. I don't want to leave but I will if it becomes a free for all.:frown:

Tony
10-31-2009, 10:40 AM

Well spoken, George.

:beer:

Cuda
10-31-2009, 10:49 AM

For everybody else, choosing to leave is your right as a free American. I just wish you would reconsider becasue this place is not about any one individually.....is about all of us......FAMILY.
I agree with Jefe. It's not some chunk of fiberglasss that hold us together, it's the people.

Ed Donnelly
10-31-2009, 11:12 AM
My 13 yr. old daughter has been reading all these posts.

She knows of The Poodle, Buiz, George C, Mop, Ken. etc
because she has heard me talk to them or she has met them..
She came up with what she thought was a brilliant idea.

Since the Harbormaster doesn't seem to spend much time on the site

maybe

he should sell the site to Madpoodle....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ..Ed

osur866
10-31-2009, 11:27 AM
My 13 yr. old daughter has been reading all these posts.
She knows of The Poodle, Buiz, George C, Mop, Ken. etc
because she has heard me talk to them or she has met them..
She came up with what she thought was a brilliant idea.
Since the Harbormaster doesn't seem to spend much time on the site
maybe
he should sell the site to Madpoodle....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ..Ed when I joined the site nearly 3 years ago I thought poodle was the site owner, very dissapointing to see poodles and others departure, I too have meet some of you and consider the people here friends and family as well.

mattyboy
10-31-2009, 03:24 PM
fellow members...

a lot of you I don't know, but about 125-150 I have met... probably 90% of the daily readers...

I have been around this DONZI heritage since it began in the mid 60's... I used to ski in the very canal the first factory was located in, in the late 60's... before I even had a drivers license... my neighbor's had 16's, 18's, 19's, 21's, 28's...

I have a fine appreciation for the brand, and it's loyal following, I have had as many as 4 at one time in the stable.

I, most of all, really enjoy the people that attend events & shows

I used to enjoy this board, the sharing of information, the humor and jokes, the good and the bad

Being a Type A personality person, I have strong convictions. I am not afraid to voice an opinion. I am also not afraid to admit wrong from right. I will stand my ground on integrity points, and counterpoints.

Lately, I have been VERY disenchanted with some behaviors, and the resultant dissappointing results we have seen the last couple weeks. My appreciation of the brand goes deep, deep, deep. I am passionate about accurate, and honest facts. I am adamant about truth. I want to see history preserved in the same fashion. I do business no other way.

I abhor BS artists, scammers, liars, fact benders, profiteer's, ad nauseum... I have been backdoored on purchases here by unscrupulous other members....

I have helped other members join/upgrade the brand... other members have unselfishly helped me. I have climbed in many a bilge to make sure boats ran at events...

Where am I going with this.... the departure of Scott B. troubles me deeply, more than any even know. I, personally, feel he was wronged here, so much so i'm willing to be removed from this board for this post of my opinion, if the board owner, HM, even remotely disagree's. I have been on my cell over 350 minutes in the last 2 days getting answers.. I have known Mr. B over 40 years... I feel I know enough of the straight story by now.

HM, I believe you handled this with SB wrong. Very wrong. He gave countless HUNDREDS of hours of his time to support you, other members here, vendors, sponsors, friends, yada yada..... for almost 10 years... 10 damn years of his life helping YOU... and you act like you don't appreciate a second of it... all of his time didn't cost you a dime, not a dime.... in fact, he saved you countless THOUSANDS of dollars and headaches by being as involved as he was.... everybody he came in contact with that was a Donzi enthusiast he sent here... and you directly profited from some of that, as did your current employer.... his heart was in making this the best board it could be. He sent the board money EVERY time you asked. So did I. His motto was that integrity and honesty here was paramount above all. One that heritage and accuracy was foremost important. One that showed that we weren't going to tolerate ebay crap, duplication, dishonest dealings, monetary felony activity, backdoor shenanigan's, lying, stealing, misadvertising, cheating of members.... yada yada

I'm the one that suggested that the LGCDC start an annual Ambassador's Award, and he be the first recipient. The LG club did it. He damn well deserved it.

And you had the gall to tell him and other's this week he was a *nothing*... you also told me that too, 3 weeks ago... you have to be kidding me here,,,, have you no thankfullness and basic appreciation for a person that gets up every morning at 4:30am and makes sure things are cool here by 5am?? hell, you don't even do that, and you collect the money...

You stuck a knife right through his heart... and i'm REAL pissed off about it.

So, he wiped out literally 40 years of his accumulated info here. Info he worked hard to get, he paid for, he collected, and he libraried. All this info was to better YOUR board. What a shame, but IMO, he did the right thing.

Without him, this board would have fallen over 5 years ago.... he was the cement of the bondage... you treated him like crap this week. And that's my opinion. I'm not the only one that feels that way though...

Then you POOF the only 2 threads today that showed support and respect for him? you could have easily edited the trash if needed, and left them out there, no harm no foul... but nope, you intentionally crashed them....

You wiped out people's thoughtful support, and honest feelings. My God man, get a grip...

He's a much relieved, happier person today. He's done. You'll NEVER insult him again, I guarantee you that...

You owe Scott Baxter, IMO, at the very least, a sincere public apology. You owe him a big Thank You for what he has done for YOU, and everyone else around here. You owe him public recognition for his hard work, regardless of whether he returns or not.

It's just the right thing to do.

If you can't do that, please delete our account.

Jim & Janice Haas

Jim, thank you for expressing what I feel and putting it in words,

Marie and Matthew Veth

Mr X
10-31-2009, 04:16 PM
FWIW, I enjoy this site. I try to get along with everybody....as I do in the real world. It is not always easy.....as in the real world.

Both Scott B. and Harbourmaster (Scot V.) are my friends....and will remain so.

I don't feel the need to choose sides.
I am staying......and keeping both as my friends.

cutwater
10-31-2009, 04:48 PM
I have to agree with Mr. X. If there are 9,000 members then about 8,990 of us don't really know exactly what transpired. Neither do I feel the need to choose sides. I hate the he said / he said stuff, especially among friends.

The Donzi community has given me more help than I thought I'd ever get, and mostly from people who've never even met me face to face. Scot V. endeavored to provide this great resource for all of us and has been very pleasant every time I've called him. Scott B. shipped me a $350 part without charge for either the part OR shipping until I was sure it would fit my boat, and he's never even met me.

I'll be around.

Buddyc
10-31-2009, 06:42 PM
I was reading this thread for a while now and being such a new member I didnt think I had grounds to chime in but,...
When I 1st started joining in and being a part of the threads I had no idea on the rules and how things were done around here.My 1st run in with Poodle was to put my ass in line and let me know what I was doing wrong and how to behave in here. And you know he was right.
Donzi racer was great with me and looking for my 1st donzi. Just recently he backed off when I showed interest in a Minx and more than helpfull in helping with delivery and any questions I had.
For a guy like me I use the Search engine all the time to find info in topics from the experts... It is a shame all that knowledge is missing and you cant put a price on it.
I really hope cooler heads prevail and we can get back to having fun on our boats...Isnt it supposed to be fun?

BigGrizzly
11-01-2009, 09:34 AM
I had missed most of this because of partial lung removal and am recuperating. After reading this thread twice and have been on this site since the late 90's. I feel as Buizella does about this and also support Marlins point of view. I am very surprised and upset that this had gone this far. I do know that SB and I are close friends off the net as are several others. He is a guy you just can't hate when you meet him at an event. I am going to hold my position on this board in hopes it can be rectified. The cornerstone thing is because of the rap pore that HM and SB had together and the love for the DONZI family. As for the DR thing He should have been banished. I saw that Criterion myself down here, and know who painted it and made the interior. What I will say is the relationship that SB and have will not diminish in anyway shape or form. As for being hard headed I am much more so then Either Scott on a good day. I am shaking As I am typing this because it may be the end of a great ERA of my life. I have made enemy's here myself- many but after meeting them it has turned around for both parties.

Just Say N20
11-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Grizz, I hope you are doing as the doctor ordered, and are recovering well.

Bill

CDMA
11-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Griz, me and you have had our discussions :popcorn: but well said my friend.

Chris

catch 22
11-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Randy, Gina & I hope you are feeling better. Say Hi to Barb and take care of yourself. Jim & Gina

hardcrab
11-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Grizz, I sincerly hope you are feeling well and are up and around real soon.

Not to make light of your situation but , it is ironic we're discussing a partial lung removal on a thread titled - " I've got something to get off my chest "

I hope you can find the humor in that :wink:

Conquistador_del_mar
11-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I had missed most of this because of partial lung removal and am recuperating. After reading this thread twice and have been on this site since the late 90's. I feel as Buizella does about this and also support Marlins point of view. I am very surprised and upset that this had gone this far. I do know that SB and I are close friends off the net as are several others. He is a guy you just can't hate when you meet him at an event. I am going to hold my position on this board in hopes it can be rectified. The cornerstone thing is because of the rap pore that HM and SB had together and the love for the DONZI family. As for the DR thing He should have been banished. I saw that Criterion myself down here, and know who painted it and made the interior. What I will say is the relationship that SB and have will not diminish in anyway shape or form. As for being hard headed I am much more so then Either Scott on a good day. I am shaking As I am typing this because it may be the end of a great ERA of my life. I have made enemy's here myself- many but after meeting them it has turned around for both parties.

I have nothing to really add to the present situation with some differences of opinion except to say that I hope this site will continue to be a fun and informational place for the thousands of Donzi lovers.
Randy, what the heck? Are you going to be OK? Cancer? I hope you don't let this get you down. Your friend, Bill

BigGrizzly
11-01-2009, 10:13 AM
I thank you for all your concern, but this thread is about SB and SV not me. now the question about me has been raised, It was lung Cancer caught early and cured by Chemo and radiation. the removal was done to make sure it was gone and stay that way. Don't worry about me this site is more important. Chris I feel the same way my friend.

gcarter
11-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Randy, I'm glad you posted about your health.
Elaine and I will be praying for you.

WA-LO
11-01-2009, 10:44 AM
1. Jim, thanks for stepping up to support your freind, theres not enough of
that in this world!
2. Jim,Thanks for jumping into my bilge and many others unselfishly!
3. Scott Baxter is a pillar here without him this site is forever damaged and
many of its members will be missing out on information that is usefull to
a brand that brought us here in the first place.
4. I and many others have made freinds for life because of this site.

5. Scott thanks for all of your support, and your travels to help me with no
gain of your own, thats says alot about you, its not about being profitable
and I know that you have countless hours supporting this site and a
great deal of its success has come from from that support.

6. Thanks also to people like Scott Pearson, Ted Muche, Big Griz, Mr Weaver
and many others that have gone beyond the call to keep a
brand alive and well! and be a big part of this board.
7. This is a very complex problem and I hope for the sake of this board that
it gets fixed. Its easy to walk away but if you fix it will be stronger.

Cuda
11-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Grizz, you are an irreplaceable asset to this board also. Be well my friend.

Ghost
11-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Just saw this and will keep my hijack short. Randy--glad to hear you caught it early. You and Barb are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike & Lisa

mike o
11-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Just saw this and will keep my hijack short. Randy--glad to hear you caught it early. You and Barb are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike & Lisa:yes:...Michael + Maryshannon

Ed Donnelly
11-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Randy;A candle was lit for you when I first heard. Stay strong
my fellow old fart.................Ed

Trueser
11-01-2009, 03:55 PM

Griz,
I agree with you and Buzzz. And I will also pray for your full recovery. I just got back in town and was unconnected last week.

jl1962
11-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Best of luck - Grizz.

Keep fighting, amigo :yes:

Beth and Jay

harbormaster
11-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Randy, I hope you are feeling better. This site is not going anywhere and will continue to be fun and entertaining.

I am leaving for 3 days tomorrow for a Biz trip to Vegas. You guys try not to beat me up too badly. :wink:

Scot VanAlstine.

CHACHI
11-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Grizz, glad to hear you are on the mend.

Ken

Phil S
11-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Mike & Lisa

:yes:....Get well soon....

With warmest regards,
Phil S.

silverghost
11-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Grizz- I don't know you~
BUT~
My aunt had similar surgery and Chemo & lived happily another 20 years !
She was 88 !
Wishing you better health for the future!

Mr X
11-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Randy,
You are in our prayers.
Ted & Kathy.

DON N.
11-02-2009, 04:52 PM
shocking: I ALSO STAND BY THE PEOPLE I'VE SHARED GOOD TIMES WITH . ( YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ) IF SOMETHING LOOKS LIKE A SKUNK , SMELLS , LIKE A SKUNK , GET RID OF IT OR GET IT DEFLOWERED SCOT V . :pimp:

Donzi Vol
11-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Naturally I'm somewhat biased in this situation, but I've decided that the way I'm going to deal with it and go forth is to just go back to the reason I joined the site and will stay on the site...to have fun! So, I intend to post funny, goofy, lighthearted stuff until I post about a boating experience or the occasional political shinanigans. That's the way I'm going to deal with it...not going to run. And that's all I have to say about that :)

joseph m. hahnl
11-07-2009, 06:33 PM
I had originally posted this in the "Derailed" thread. when poodle was saying how you should get a discount for every lie that a used car sales man told. I think honesty was the number one issue with Scott 2nd only by his humor, I gotta say that Guy was one funny:censored:

So once again this ones for Pood's

POODLE: this Ones for you ,your paying full price with this guy:kingme:

http://img.youtube.com/vi/xr4Gye05gKk/default.jpg
GREATEST CAR AD EVER! (http://www.youtube.com/v/xr4Gye05gKk)

FISHIN SUCKS
11-08-2009, 07:42 AM
LOVE THE CAR AD:yes:...........tell it like it is:smash:

gcarter
11-08-2009, 08:23 AM
At one time Ralph Williams had a Chrysler Plymouth dealership in Houston...in the late 60's I think.
It went bankrupt.
Somewhere, I think, I still have (maybe) one of his liscence plate frames.....