PDA

View Full Version : Small World...

VetteLT193
10-29-2009, 03:00 PM
The 'new guy' at work started about a week ago. Got to chatting for a minute and learned that his family owns RDS tanks.

I asked him about the price increase because I had called for a 22 tank a few months back and they have gone way up. Turns out they had stockpiled aluminum back when the prices were cheap. They ran out of the stockpile so they have to pay market price now which is much higher.

Stinks for anyone needing a tank, but it does explain the sudden price hike.

Anyway: seems like a good family business with nice people.

f_inscreenname
10-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Does he have a connection cause I need two. :shades:

VetteLT193
10-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Does he have a connection cause I need two. :shades:

I'll try to work that in over the next few days:wink:

Cuda
10-29-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't remember if that's where I bought the new tank for the 22 or not. I know it was in Perry.

realbold
10-29-2009, 06:51 PM
When I decided to replace my tank the old tag had a different name on it with a phone #. I called and it was RDS. The company name was different, but they still had the plans for my tank and made me one in .125 al instead of .090 which is what the old one was.

VetteLT193
10-30-2009, 07:43 AM
When I decided to replace my tank the old tag had a different name on it with a phone #. I called and it was RDS. The company name was different, but they still had the plans for my tank and made me one in .125 al instead of .090 which is what the old one was.

I think the company changed names some time ago.

Forrest
10-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't remember if that's where I bought the new tank for the 22 or not. I know it was in Perry.

Yep Joe, RDS is the place in Perry. I had them custom build a pair of tanks for my Magnum and then I drove down (only 50 miles away) to pick them up. They were perfect!

It's quite an impressive operation. Everything is first rate and pressure tested under water, and above all they want to make sure that you are happy and safe. Also, they build all kinds of OEM tanks for many boat builders thoughout the USA, as well as the custom tanks for individuals.

http://www.rdsaluminum.com/marine-custom.html

Cuda
10-30-2009, 11:30 AM
I think a place called UWS builds tool boxes, dog boxes, and I think fuel tanks too. I have a dog box.